doublegunshop.com - home
Gun Broker #178095923 " Great condition..." "Great addition for any collection" I guess there are tomato stake collections. Yikes
Rivals the LC Smith I saw in a pawn shop in Wheeling WV, painted camo, with a paint brush no less, duck tape wrapped around the splinter forend to hold it on.
There are some real treasures up in them there hills, All American built, used and abused by generation after generation, usually doubles and normally field grades passed down from Father to Son.
The do everything with one gun type, protect your home, shoot rabbits and birds and deer...."This is the only gun you'll ever need son, so take care of it."
Some did.
Some didn't.
Check out this other great offering from the same seller:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=178096688
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Tomato Stake for sale "Great condition" " Great .. - 07/11/10 01:41 PM
I have seen these rare L.C. Smiths before. I am uncertain how many of the red parkerized guns were made but they required a chemical process that is quite lengthy, like making fine cheese. Custom top lever to boot. I am certain the $50. shipping includes a hard case to protect the finish and checkering. I did not note a 3 day inspection, but one is hardly needed! Anyway there is a restocking fee to avoid.
Well RMC, that old Smith is actually a fairly rare gun; 16-bore Smith guns on the "Regular" frame are very uncommon, and it also has the "5-pin" locks. Tis a pity it has been so badly abused.
Maybe he'll join the site and expostulate on all subjects like another old friend. Send out the Welcome Wagon.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com