doublegunshop.com - home
I'm hoping to find a period correct replacement for the ivory bead on my Baker Paragon. I've "Googled around" a bit but haven't found a good match. I've found a couple sites that list an almost identical sight, but that item is no longer available.

Anyone know of a good source?

Brownells is about that size

PDD
The original Baker ivory front sights that I have seen & have had some experience with [Sterling SBT w/floating rib] had a steel sleeve around them that pressed into the sight's hole, they were NOT threaded. I spent a lot of effort trying to find one 40 years ago, to no avail.

I don't know if the Paragon used the same type.

Should you do come up with a source please share it with us. Thanks & wishing you the very best of luck!
This one isn't threaded either. It doesn't have a sleeve though. The post is simply an extension of the same piece as the bead.

One of the options at Brownells looks like it would work, but not sure they still have them available. They have 2 sizes listed and one says it's out of stock but the other says it's no longer available. I kind of get the feeling that neither is available. But I'll keep an eye on their website just in case.

The one at Brownells has a threaded shaft, but they state that it's "undersized" and should be installed using an epoxy.
NECG
http://www.newenglandcustomgun.com/index.html?Peep%20sight.htm~maindeal
Midway USA and Brownells both have ivory bead sights back in stock. The sights at both places are a .157" (4mm) bead with a threaded shaft. The Brownells sight lists their shaft as "undersized" and says you should use epoxy to install. The one from Midway is the NECG sight linked in JDW's post above and it has the typical 6-48 threaded shaft.

I ordered the one from Midway last night and so we'll see how it works out.

My Paragon requires a straight shaft that is press-fitted into the recess. Since the Midway sight has a larger diameter shaft, I figure I can simply sand it down to the necessary size and I'll have what I need.

Anyway, for those that were interested in finding a source for the ivory bead replacement sights, they're back in stock at these 2 retailers.
There was a thread in the double guns for sale Column of some one who custom made ivory beads ,Its been a couple months now but I'm sure you could find over there with a little tracking.
I went back and found that post I told you about ,It was posted on 01/08/11 called Ivory shotgun and double rifle beads, The mans name is Scott in ILL and his number is 815-922-4534,If you look up that post you can see the bead he made in pictures and find out more .Good luck in your search.
Brownell's has the ones I use. I think the ball sizes are 4mm and 6mm. I use the 4, drill the rib for a slightly "drive-in fit" and secure it in with a dab of superglue. Never had a problem.
I hate to hijack this thread but I'd like to add ivory beads to a 20ga Arrieta and 28ga AyA. Is there a specific size I should consider? Is the 6-48 threaded shaft pretty standard?
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com