doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Lloyd3 Off Topic, but interesting - 02/05/24 05:09 PM
Posted By: John Roberts Re: interesting - 02/05/24 05:18 PM
Thank you and amen, Lloyd! Nothing like a good dose of clarity.
JR
Posted By: Jimmy W Re: interesting - 02/05/24 06:27 PM
I choose what was/is best for #1. šŸ‘
Posted By: ClapperZapper Re: interesting - 02/05/24 07:07 PM
Whereā€™s the Doublegun connection to this?
Or is it just time for the propaganda bots to log in?

The reading here is far more interesting when itā€™s about sxs firearms.

There are probably 20 million other sites available that cover all that other stuff.
Posted By: Jimmy W Re: interesting - 02/05/24 07:36 PM
Originally Posted by ClapperZapper

There are probably 20 million other sites available that cover all that other stuff.
You're right.
Posted By: Lloyd3 Re: interesting - 02/05/24 08:05 PM
CZ: You're right, of course. I just appreciated the clarity this piece provides.

With time on my hands I find myself paying too-much attention to the news (never a good thing for me). I hear these "lefty" arguments all the time and yet I can never seem to remember the counter arguments in time to cogently argue my particular point of view. I'm sorry but this seemed to be something of a breath of fresh air.

I'm sure the moderator will be along shortly to scrub this blot from the webpage.
Posted By: John Roberts Re: interesting - 02/05/24 08:48 PM
Originally Posted by Jimmy W
I choose what was best for #1. šŸ‘
What was? I think that reveals a lot about you, Jimmy. How about looking forward to what will be best? Btw, you don't care about anybody but #1? How about Our Country and Your Fellow Man? Very shallow post on your part...
JR
Posted By: John Roberts Re: interesting - 02/05/24 09:14 PM

It's commonly known as an "Off Topic" post, CZ. And since when is clarity to be considered propaganda. Wait, typical Democrat/left wing/liberal thought.
JR
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: interesting - 02/05/24 09:45 PM

This post did not cost you one dime, and you were not required to read it. What's the fuss about? It's no less double gun than any other Off Topic post. Off topic is off topic.

BTW, a quick 5 minute search reveals that you have participated in OT (off topic) labeled posts 15 times in the last year. Hypocrite.

Pretty obvious to me that it isn't non-doublegun posts you object to ....... it's conservative thought.
Posted By: Lloyd3 Re: interesting - 02/05/24 10:09 PM
CZ is right, I should have labeled it accordingly, and I just fixed that. Mea Culpa!
Posted By: ClapperZapper Re: interesting - 02/05/24 10:09 PM
Stanton, if you, Lloydd3, and John, want to talk politics and the culture wars, you can send each other almost unlimited pmā€™s.

And of course, itā€™s entirely up to Dave W. to decide how much or how little to allow, whether it benefits or detracts from his site.
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: interesting - 02/05/24 10:12 PM
Totally correct, CZ, we could.

But, why would you be so hypocritical as to bad mouth non-doublegun posts when you have so frequently participated in them? Prove me wrong about your motives, in this case.
Or like this.
Originally Posted by Stanton Hillis

But, why would you be so hypocritical as to bad mouth non-doublegun posts when you have so frequently participated in them? Prove me wrong about your motives, in this case.

You mean he can't be 10% as hypocritical as you, Stan? As hypocrits go, you are certainly in the top 2 or 3 here.
This is the 8th presidential election cycle Iā€™ve had the luxury of enjoying while participating at various levels on firearms related sites.
It doesnā€™t get better from here.

Thereā€™s a great, fully functional, pm system to use and share as much political or culture war material as you want.

Ultimately, it is entirely Dave Wā€™s decision to make with respect to how much non-doublegun related stuff he wants to entertain.
There are millions of sites that can give you all of that stuff you want, 24 hours a day. Complete emersion therapy.

Not many sites aggregate discussion on rare Russian firearms, or the detailed chain of custody details of long gone tube makers.

Life is just way too short to spend hours everyday hating on the other guy.
Itā€™s not the common thread that brought people here.
Posted By: CJF Re: Off Topic, political bandwagon stuff - 02/06/24 12:07 AM
This site already has some strong personalities that like to dump on folks. Would prefer we not start in on politics here. Twitter is great for that and no one will be surprised or disappointed by politics there.
Posted By: Jimmy W Re: interesting - 02/06/24 12:12 AM
Originally Posted by John Roberts
What was? I think that reveals a lot about you, Jimmy. How about looking forward to what will be best? Btw, you don't care about anybody but #1? How about Our Country and Your Fellow Man? Very shallow post on your part...
JR
You think it's shallow because you didn't understand. I won't vote for someone just because they say they are a Democrat or a Republican like most people do. An example: I won't vote for someone just because they label themselves as a Democrat or a Republican and they say that if they are elected President, that they will take away my Social Security or my Medicare. I don't care what party they are from. They don't get MY vote. Now, doesn't THAT vote help the rest of the elderly in the US? Global warming is VERY important to me. That is probably my top issue that affects me. And everyone else in the world. I'm going to vote for someone who wants to do something about it. Doesn't that help everyone else in the world? I usually pick the people who are best for our country. But, yes, I do pick people who are going to help me. That is top priority. Most people do vote that way. I have always been shocked at people who vote for a candidate just because that candidate says they are a democrat or a republican, yet that candidate has the exact opposite beliefs that that voter is for. Yet they vote for him or her anyway. NOW, do you understand? I had more to my post in the beginning, but I deleted the most part of it. That may be why it is confusing. It was too late to delete the entire post. Good luck.
Posted By: Jimmy W Re: interesting - 02/06/24 12:16 AM
JR
And one other thing, with all due respect, John........I can't choose what IS best for #1 yet. The election isn't until November, 2024. The last election was in 2020, so I had to word it that I voted what WAS best for #1. So, NEXT TIME I WILL be looking to the future. Okay? smile
Posted By: John Roberts Re: interesting - 02/06/24 01:02 AM
JR
Global warming is VERY important to me. That is probably my top issue that affects me. I'm going to vote for someone who wants to do something about it.
Anyone who has bought into the global warming hoax and all the bad actors that promote it, such as the accursed John Kerry, have very little awareness of the history of Planet Earth and why nothing we can do is capable of making a significant impact one way or the other. Carbon credits, what a joke! It's a construct to extract money from useful idiots, nothing more. But you are obviously 100% into it, so there's little point in going any further about this with you.
JR
Posted By: BrentD, Prof Re: interesting - 02/06/24 01:08 AM
JR
Global warming is VERY important to me. That is probably my top issue that affects me. I'm going to vote for someone who wants to do something about it.
Anyone who has bought into the global warming hoax and all the bad actors that promote it, such as the accursed John Kerry, have very little awareness of the history of Planet Earth and why nothing we can do is capable of making a significant impact one way or the other. Carbon credits, what a joke! It's a construct to extract money from useful idiots, nothing more. But you are obviously 100% into it, so there's little point in going any further about this with you.
JR

This would be funny, if it wasn't so tragic.
Posted By: John Roberts Re: interesting - 02/06/24 01:16 AM
Yes, the global warming hoax is truly tragic, Brent.
JR
Posted By: BrentD, Prof Re: interesting - 02/06/24 01:28 AM
Yes, the global warming hoax is truly tragic, Brent.
JR

I feel sorry for you, John. I truly do.
Posted By: Jimmy W Re: interesting - 02/06/24 01:36 AM
JR
JR
Obviously, you never saw Al Gore's movie, "An Inconvenient Truth", clear back in 2005. You were earlier concerned about "MY FELLOW MAN". What Al Gore (IE, the scientists, NASA, millions of weather professionals,) said would happen 20 - 30 years from now, is happening NOW. And now, because of Global Warming, we have 10,000 people coming into the United States per day, because they have no food, no water, the land is unfit to plant crops where they live, their homes have been washed away, their children are starving and on and on......... So they are packing up and traveling 1,000 miles to beg for help and stay alive. I'll bet you are complaining about this. I don't care for it either, but I understand what is going on. So, tell me something......are the North and South Poles and the Netherlands melting or not? There's your answer. smile
Posted By: John Roberts Re: interesting - 02/06/24 01:39 AM
Cast your sorrow upon yourself, Brent. And quit listening to the environmental wackos. I pity you, actually, Brent. What a crying shame someone of your intellect and accomplishments has allowed himself to be duped into believing this crap.
JR
Posted By: Jimmy W Re: interesting - 02/06/24 01:45 AM
Cast your sorrow upon yourself, Brent. And quit listening to the environmental wackos. I pity you, actually, Brent. What a crying shame someone of your intellect and accomplishments has allowed himself to be duped into believing this crap.
JR
You haven't answered my question, sir.....Are the North and South Poles melting or not?
Posted By: John Roberts Re: interesting - 02/06/24 01:48 AM
Obviously, you never saw Al Gore's movie, "An Inconvenient Truth", clear back in 2005. You were earlier concerned about "MY FELLOW MAN". What Al Gore (IE, the scientists, NASA, millions of weather professionals,) said would happen 20 - 30 years from now, is happening NOW. And now, because of Global Warming, we have 10,000 people coming into the United States per day, because they have no food, no water, the land is unfit to plant crops where they live, their homes have been washed away, their children are starving and on and on......... So they are packing up and traveling 1,000 miles to beg for help and stay alive. I'll bet you are complaining about this. I don't care for it either, but I understand what is going on. So, tell me something......are the North and South Poles and the Netherlands melting or not? There's your answer. smile
Al Gore?! Good lord! I see now there's no point in this dialogue. Mercy...
JR
Posted By: John Roberts Re: interesting - 02/06/24 01:51 AM
JR
You haven't answered my question, sir.....Are the North and South Poles melting or not?
Absolutely they are. Nothing can be done about it. It happens, regardless of puny man's efforts to make it not so.
JR
Posted By: Jimmy W Re: interesting - 02/06/24 01:52 AM
This is why I don't like to talk politics. It causes hard feelings. I shouldn't have started. Oh well. smile Let's go back to talking guns. I like to hear what you guys say and I learn a lot. Good luck.
Posted By: John Roberts Re: interesting - 02/06/24 01:56 AM
This is why I don't like to talk politics. It causes hard feelings. I shouldn't have started. Oh well. smile
No, it's because you cannot defend junk science and have been listening to the wrong people for way too long.
JR
Posted By: CJF Re: interesting - 02/06/24 01:56 AM
Llyod3 & John Roberts,

We'd probably agree on a lot of things. And in the past we probably would have voted for the same candidates. But conservatism as a force for good has lost its way and its connection to what I admired about it. I'm no longer a registered Republican. Stopped in 2016.

Now I vote for whomever is going to do the best job for America and for my family. And the GOP hasn't been doing that for quite a few cycles at the federal level. Here in NC the GOP has done well on some issues (fostering business growth) and terrible on others (defunding public schools to offset corporate tax cuts.)

So I'll vote for whomever is going to reduce the deficit without cutting Social Security. And if that requires rolling back the tax cuts to the wealthiest people and companies that have blown up the deficit, fine. Trickle down economics failed. Let's move on.

And I'll vote for the candidates that promise to protect children, and not just fetuses, so everyone can get an education and a shot at the American dream.

And most of all, I'll vote for candidates who respect the constitution, democracy and our country's laws. Because if we don't, we're the dumbest fucking people in history, to lose what is great about America.

The PragerU video is slick. But that's it. There are no solutions there.

Chris
Posted By: BrentD, Prof Re: interesting - 02/06/24 02:02 AM
This is why I don't like to talk politics. It causes hard feelings. I shouldn't have started. Oh well. smile
No, it's because you cannot defend junk science and have been listening to the wrong people for way too long.
JR

John, you are so deep into the conspiracy BS that you can't even recognize the piles and piles of junk on your shoulders.
Posted By: CJF Re: Off Topic, but interesting - 02/06/24 02:18 AM
A Wake Up Call for Republicans

There's still time to fix the GOP but it's got to start to happen.

Posted By: BrentD, Prof Re: Off Topic, but interesting - 02/06/24 02:25 AM
Originally Posted by CJF

There is what, maybe 17 days or so? Not much time to turn around the wreck that's gonna happen. Not much time at all. Don't think we will make it.
Posted By: Jimmy W Re: interesting - 02/06/24 02:31 AM
JR
Well, you just said the North and South poles were melting. So that is caused by Global Warming. You said so, yourself. Thanks for agreeing with my "junk science". smile
Posted By: John Roberts Re: interesting - 02/06/24 03:19 AM
Not man-made, Jimmy. Not man-made. Try to understand.
JR
Posted By: keith Re: Off Topic, but interesting - 02/06/24 04:37 AM
Stan is correct, the people who complain the most about any political topic, even if it relates directly to Gun Rights, are among those who kept returning to those Threads to post their Liberal Left thoughts over and over. They say they hate them, but are drawn like moths to a flame. Stan never complained about it, so I don't see any hypocrisy on his end. Of course, if someone is dumb enough to think Biden was a better choice than Trump, it is understandable that they might not even know what hypocrisy is.

And it was always those on the Left who complained about political topics. I never saw Conservatives say those off-topic political topics should be banned, locked, or deleted. Even when we had a dedicated place for off-topic and political stuff, the old Misfires Forum, it was those on the left who whined and cried, and lobbied Dave to permanently shut down that forum. Nobody made them go to Misfires, but they did, just to have something to cry about. It's the so-called "Cancel Culture" that wishes to censor any opposing views. I laughed when CJF suggested taking the politics to Twitter... what, the same Twitter that banned Donald Trump and also silenced and censored his supporters? That's hilarious! Much of social media is still shutting down Conservative thought.

We have had a number of Threads in the past concerning Climate Change, Global Warming, etc. I remain 100% on the side that believes it is a Hoax. I don't believe it is a hoax because Donald Trump or any other Republican told me so. I believe it because I have read the studies and studied the data that is readily available to anyone who doesn't have a closed mind that has already swallowed the globalists' propaganda and Al Gore's nonsense. My Professor in a Meteorology course I took was the co-founder of Accu-Weather. He said Global Warming was the greatest hoax ever perpetrated upon mankind. It is a fact that mankind has thrived far better in warm periods than in cool periods. Obama did not buy a $12 million mansion a couple hundred feet from the ocean because he actually believes it will be under water in a few years. There is live sworn testimony from Climate Scientists, in the Congressional Record, that there is no direct correlation between temperature and atmospheric CO2 levels. There is verifiable data showing periods of much higher CO2 levels, and lower average global temperatures.

Jimmy seems very concerned about polar sea ice. Instead of listening to Al Gore, he could go here to see that the polar bears aren't even close to drowning yet:

https://earth.gsfc.nasa.gov/cryo/data/current-state-sea-ice-cover

Strangely the graphs show no data for seasonal sea ice for 2019 to 2023. Maybe it was all gone... hahaha! But in the distant past, much of Antarctica was a temperate rain forest. Of course we should not ignore dire warnings like this:

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Oops, that was from a long time ago when the population on Earth was 1/4 what it is now. Since then we have gone through decades of much warmer than average temps such as the 1930's, and periods of cooler than average temps, such as 1940 to 1978, when the "Science" was all predicting a coming Ice Age. Trust the Science! I'm sure Jimmy and the Nutty Professor remember those mile high glaciers in Northern Indiana and Iowa back in the 1970's. Hard times for sure:

But we do know for sure that the ocean levels are rising. We can see it with our own eyes:

I know the climate is changing. It always has, and it always will, because solar cycles and solar activity has always been the major driver of global climate... followed by super-volcanoes and asteroid impacts... both of which cause a decrease in solar radiation. When the Sun exhausts all of its' hydrogen fuel to sustain nuclear fusion... in about 8 or 10 billion years... we are really in trouble!

For now, the greatest threat we face is anti-gun Liberal Left Democrats.
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: interesting - 02/06/24 11:02 AM
My question ........

Your reply ........

Originally Posted by Clapper Zapper
This is the 8th presidential election cycle Iā€™ve had the luxury of enjoying while participating at various levels on firearms related sites.
It doesnā€™t get better from here.

Thereā€™s a great, fully functional, pm system to use and share as much political or culture war material as you want.

Ultimately, it is entirely Dave Wā€™s decision to make with respect to how much non-doublegun related stuff he wants to entertain.
There are millions of sites that can give you all of that stuff you want, 24 hours a day. Complete emersion therapy.

Not many sites aggregate discussion on rare Russian firearms, or the detailed chain of custody details of long gone tube makers.

Life is just way too short to spend hours everyday hating on the other guy.
Itā€™s not the common thread that brought people here.

As I expected ................crickets.

Rave on, grayman.
Posted By: Jimmy W Re: interesting - 02/06/24 12:23 PM
Not man-made, Jimmy. Not man-made. Try to understand.
JR

Oh wow!! šŸ˜”
Posted By: craigd Re: interesting - 02/06/24 12:30 PM
It doesnā€™t get better from here....
This is so simple, for thirty plus years, you have been lobbying for the problem. Just wake up one day and decide to be pro firearm.
Posted By: craigd Re: interesting - 02/06/24 12:53 PM
Originally Posted by BrentD, Prof
Originally Posted by CJF

There is what, maybe 17 days or so? Not much time to turn around the wreck that's gonna happen. Not much time at all. Don't think we will make it.
You mean, we have about a year of puppet dementiajo signing policy drafted by educators, such as yourself? But hey, we take comfort in not having to watch grumpyjo wake up from nappy time, and throw jello around.

Don't worry, it's the ground game that's the wrecking ball, this time around. It's the high level staff in place to hit the ground running, that's the wrecking ball. True, it'll take more time to bring illegal alien gangbangers to a retirement spread in your town. If it makes you feel better, don't make it.
Posted By: ed good Re: interesting - 02/06/24 01:17 PM
yawn...
Posted By: mc Re: interesting - 02/06/24 03:08 PM
I was in a class at a local college in1974 when it was predicted the next global cooling and ice age were upon us ,wood hole ,scrips ,NASA were contributes to the class .it was assured by there data,the class was oceanus.check it out.also when scientist falsified date to prove there hypothesis none of the data can be trusted.when politicians are making massive amounts of money there theory's can't be trusted. When historical data (complete changes in an area climate , forest,swamps ,deserts)over thousands of years is dismissed as not relevant
Posted By: Lloyd3 Re: interesting - 02/06/24 04:32 PM
We are a diverse lot here. Folks from all walks of life. CZ is right in that these topics tend to spread divisiveness and create hard feelings. I liked the PragerU video because it seemed to provide some clarity in a time where the propaganda machines are really being cranked-up, but I can see where it's not helpful here. This coming year will be a hard one in the sense that we all will be barraged with information & ideas that we're either uncomfortable with or that we find quite repulsive. The world has come a long way from Joseph Goebbels and his famous "Nazi Propaganda" and the slick and swarmy stuff being produced now is clearly much more effective, dangerously so. There aren't many folks here who are still unformed in their opinions, most have picked their sides and are now invested heavily in them (their "rice bowl", so to speak).

If you're older and/or have a background in science or engineering, you'll likely remember a time when the science was "sacrosanct", where the only way one could discern how the forces of the universe worked was to be focused purely on the science and not on the various human components (emotions, greed, needs, etc.) that would try to infect it. But...scientists are an interesting lot. They have egos (and sometimes families) that they need to feed, and they are quite good at reading how the winds are blowing in any set of circumstances. The work of scientists has been affected by this for some time now (Wernher Von Braun, the head or our early American space program here was also a full-blown Nazi in the beginning of his career, look up "Operation Paperclip" sometime). Science now seems to mainly get used (by the forces that can afford to fund the studies) to justify a position on a particular subject. If a study doesn't produce the results that are desired by the funding party, it mostly gets buried. The offending scientists then can be punished by having their qualifications questioned or even being effectively "deplatformed" by losing their funding or positions at the institutions they work through. This has had chilling effects on how scientists conduct their work going forward, understandably. It would seem that both "free speech" and "science" are quite threatened by the forces that are being arrayed in advance of the coming election this November.

My education was in the earth sciences (geology) and my work has been in first, the oil & gas industry, and then in the environmental remediation industry. I have largely functioned as a federal contractor and later (briefly) as a government scientist and, accordingly, my opinions are formed by those experiences. I suspect that soon I will also be concerned for my social security and my medicare, but that won't abrogate my understanding about how much I see this country changing. All of our rights and liberties (for guns, hunting, & everything else we hold dear) are threatened by folks who purely vote their "feelings" and then for their perceived "security" without thinking of the consequences of that shallow enterprise.
Posted By: John Roberts Re: interesting - 02/06/24 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by ed good
yawn...
Go back to sleep, Ed.
JR
Posted By: canvasback Re: interesting - 02/06/24 09:08 PM
I don't need to be a conspiracy theorist to know that the global climate predictions of the last 50 years, have been wildly wrong.

Nor do i need to be a conspiracy theorist to know that the earth's temperature (and the carbon content of our atmosphere) is constantly in flux. Just a short 11,000 years ago the earth was dramatically cooler than it is today. And the latest science on the end of the ice age suggests that the earth's temp rose rather rapidly......the span of decades or a century or two. It didn't slowly change over thousand of years.

Nor do I need to be a conspiracy theorist to know that carbon is required by plants to live and grow and those healthy plants create oxygen that allow us to thrive.

I don't need to be a conspiracy theorist to know that it is man's adaptability to changing circumstances that sets us apart from just about all other creatures on earth and allowed us to thrive.

i don't need to be a conspiracy theorist to know that man has had nothing to do with shifts in temperature on Mars.

I don't need to be a conspiracy theorist to know that the data they pretend to hang their fears on is incredibly suspect. Just who was reading these thermometers 80 to 120 years ago. I can't speak for where you live but I know some of the data for Winnipeg comes from the thermometer at a boys private church school my father attended in the 1930's.......in the steeple of the chapel and it would be a daily chore for one of the 8-10 year old kids to go take the reading. You want to spend trillions of dollars based on that data???? Even the modern day data is regularly fudged......NASA recently admitted it.

What is with the hubris of the global warming advocates (sorry climate change....they had to change the name because they blew it on the warming thing) to imagine that the earth should remain in the state that it is now (simply for the comfort of humans) or was 50 years ago. The ego is staggering. And lets not talk about some of the insane theoretical "fixes" they are proposing. Talk about opening Pandora's Box!

As for the science? If anything has happened in the last 15 years it is that we have learned scientists and researchers are held hostage by money......the funding they get to do their research. Propose some research that is out of step and watch your funding dry up. To deny this is to be a liar. So the science IS suspect.

Finally, good science isn't a consensus. The most important scientific discoveries have often been at total odds with the prevailing wisdom and the purveyance of new thought ridiculed. I like to think of the climate activists these days being the modern day equivalent of the Pope and the Catholic church, sneering and threatening Copernicus and Galileo
Posted By: Ted Schefelbein Re: interesting - 02/06/24 09:37 PM
Originally Posted by CJF
And I'll vote for the candidates that promise to protect children, and not just fetuses, so everyone can get an education and a shot at the American dream.

Chris

Donā€™t puff your chest out too far just yet:

https://www.niche.com/k12/d/minneapolis-public-school-district-mn/academics/

Yea, using the absolute best gloss they can, they called the grade for Minneapolis public schools a B-, when only 35% of the kids are proficient in math. Go ahead and try to blow the usual liquid sunshine up my ass about not spending enough money on the schools. We are at a point where MOST KIDS in public education arenā€™t getting an education. A sad fact is that public education today is to a large degree run by very liberal, very white women. I wouldnā€™t care who was running it, if we got good results, which, we do not.

By the way, this isnā€™t a democracy, dude.

Best,
Ted
Posted By: mc Re: interesting - 02/06/24 10:23 PM
Baltimore schools get 21.600 per student go check the graduation and education results it is a crime how the children are being treated and educated.it is number four in funding
Posted By: Jimmy W Re: interesting - 02/06/24 11:15 PM
People keep forgetting that the North and South poles are melting. When they are reminded of that fact, it is not hard to see who is brainwashed to that fact and they try to make up excuse. Global warming is not man made and yet NASA is continually taking images of the earth aglow. Not man made - 88% of the forest fires in the US are caused by humans. Humans are burning the amazon to turn it into farm land. Europe is constantly on fire somewhere. China doesn't care about pollution and ignore the fact that their population has to where masks in order for them to breathe. The world population in 1950 was 2.5 billion and today it is over 8 billion. So you have that many more people driving cars, using air conditioners, causing factory pollution and carbon monoxide in the air burning a hole in the ozone. And you have people try to say that global warming is not man-made. They can drill down into the polar ice and pull up the ice that has kept the history of the world. And never before has our pollution been as bad as it is now. And yet people say it is not man-made. You keep hearing the terms-"never before", " an all time record", never in history" when we hear about catastrophes. Yet people blow it off and ignore it. Go to Alaska and the pine beetles are destroying millions of acres of trees because their life cycles has been changed to longer periods, yet the uneducated say there is no global warming. Methane gas is coming up from the permafrost through the ice and you can light it with a cigarette lighter, because it is melting. So, yes, this generation is responsible for all of this. Yet these same people are also complaining because global warming has caused people to flee their homes and travel a 1000 miles to the US and Europe because their water is contaminated and their children are starving. And yet, you have people like John Roberts accusing me of not having compassion for someone else. I worked with a guy once who claimed to be a devout Christian. When the topic got to the hole in the ozone one day he said, "The Christians have proved that the hole in the ozone has been there since God created the earth. GOD punched that hole in the ozone, so that he could get up and down from heaven to earth on his ladder." That is the IQ of someone who disputes global warming. I pray for people like that. I pray that when God decides whose house he wants to be moved into the next state via a hurricane or tornado, it won't be mine. šŸ˜†
Posted By: Jimmy W Re: interesting - 02/06/24 11:45 PM
There's that word again!! HISTORIC storm slams California. On the news tonight. Yet it's not from global warming. šŸ¤Ŗ
Posted By: mc Re: interesting - 02/06/24 11:46 PM
I think it's lightning strikes
Posted By: canvasback Re: interesting - 02/06/24 11:46 PM
People keep forgetting that the North and South poles are melting. When they are reminded of that fact, it is not hard to see who is brainwashed to that fact and they try to make up excuse. Global warming is not man made and yet NASA is continually taking images of the earth aglow. Not man made - 88% of the forest fires in the US are caused by humans. Humans are burning the amazon to turn it into farm land. Europe is constantly on fire somewhere. China doesn't care about pollution and ignore the fact that their population has to where masks in order for them to breathe. The world population in 1950 was 2.5 billion and today it is over 8 billion. So you have that many more people driving cars, using air conditioners, causing factory pollution and carbon monoxide in the air burning a hole in the ozone. And you have people try to say that global warming is not man-made. They can drill down into the polar ice and pull up the ice that has kept the history of the world. And never before has our pollution been as bad as it is now. And yet people say it is not man-made. You keep hearing the terms-"never before", " an all time record", never in history" when we hear about catastrophes. Yet people blow it off and ignore it. Go to Alaska and the pine beetles are destroying millions of acres of trees because their life cycles has been changed to longer periods, yet the uneducated say there is no global warming. Methane gas is coming up from the permafrost through the ice and you can light it with a cigarette lighter, because it is melting. So, yes, this generation is responsible for all of this. Yet these same people are also complaining because global warming has caused people to flee their homes and travel a 1000 miles to the US and Europe because their water is contaminated and their children are starving. And yet, you have people like John Roberts accusing me of not having compassion for someone else. I worked with a guy once who claimed to be a devout Christian. When the topic got to the hole in the ozone one day he said, "The Christians have proved that the hole in the ozone has been there since God created the earth. GOD punched that hole in the ozone, so that he could get up and down from heaven to earth on his ladder." That is the IQ of someone who disputes global warming. I pray for people like that. I pray that when God decides whose house he wants to be moved into the next state via a hurricane or tornado, it won't be mine. šŸ˜†

Jimmy, people say "never before" because they are thinking about the last 120 years. According to science the earth is 4.5 billion years old. And for that entire time the average temperature of the earth has fluctuated.

There is no hard, irrefutable evidence that says the current slight rise in temps is man made. There just isn't. And the climate change hucksters have literally been caught lying about their facts several times. Temps went up and down over the last 1000 years. Ever hear of The Little ice Age. Man wasn't doing anything that sudden caused the temps to drop in 1350. Nor the rise in temps in the mid 1800. Ever check the amount of carbon spilled into the atmosphere by volcanic eruptions? The polar ice caps grow and shrink. IIRC last winter was one of the biggest for polar ice cap growth on record. Oh and as an aside.....the polar bear population is bigger now that it has likely been in your lifetime. Hole in the ozone? We stopped using CFCs and the hole repaired itself. The great barreier reef had the largest new growth spurt ever recorded recently.

Where are the rising ocean levels if the caps are melting. And if some of the things that are going on, like pine beetle infestations, are the result of a change in climate, who the hell are we to say that's wrong. You don't see any dinosaurs around do you? Things change. This entire thing is about a financial grift and political control by non elected entities.

Remember the Club of Rome in the late 1960s and early 1970s? OMG We will overpopulate the world and run out of food by the year 2000. How did that go???

The biggest problem with the climate change religion is it take our eyes off the pollution issues and deforestation/habitat destruction that we should really be focused on. Like the fact that in 450 years we have removed over 90% of life from the oceans. Or that there are plastics everywhere.
Posted By: mc Re: interesting - 02/06/24 11:56 PM
Its weather, how bout the historic storms that shaped the coast of California,Galveston Texas 1900s.the global cooling called the little iceage from 1300 to 1800 some say 1850 what caused that, the population of Europe was halved by 1650 from diseases,so everything can be shown historically that weather had an impact.also 2.5 billion, India passed China as most populated country that's 2.5 thousand million and they are not going to compromise there economy's for global warming
Posted By: mc Re: interesting - 02/06/24 11:57 PM
Canvasback beat me to it
Posted By: canvasback Re: interesting - 02/06/24 11:59 PM
There's that word again!! HISTORIC storm slams California. On the news tonight. Yet it's not from global warming. šŸ¤Ŗ

In Canada last summer we spent the whole time listening to reports of "historic" amounts of acreage lost to forest fires in the Maritime provinces.....the East Coast. Including the largest fire on record. All the while we were told that the fires were due to climate change and we need to get used to that. In January they charged one guy with starting 17 of the fires, including the biggest in history. Guess what? He had a long history of "climate activism". The same shit is happening in California. It;s arson by the activists. Wake up!!!

Ever notice that india and China are excused from having to do anything even though they produce the most carbon.

Take a look at the real NOAA record of hurricanes. It is absolutely clear that despite what your news tells you......hurricanes aren't getting more powerful and they aren't increasing in frequency.
Posted By: craigd Re: interesting - 02/07/24 12:06 AM
Good for you, we could really get both out points across, if coastal kali slid off into the sea?

Get your buddy, the prof. back into the discussion. Letā€™s ask him how those purti case colors are formed, and if the noxious CO thatā€™s generated for that process can punch holes in the ozone? Awe jimmy you know Iā€™m just kidding, us hypocrits can always selectively look the other way, right?

By the way, there was a time when kali had massive wetlands, and they were not filled with a garden hose. But, smart phds drained the state mercilessly, so that they could celebrate the lowest human scum that can do drugs in a tent. Maybe, common ground means send ā€˜em to either polar cap, and if they really do melt, put swimming lessons on ticksntox?
Posted By: Ted Schefelbein Re: interesting - 02/07/24 12:38 AM

What, exactly, makes it historic, except some liberal dolt on the evening propaganda telling you it is? Ever heard of a conservative network newscaster? Did you watch the news when they breathlessly proclaimed 51 former intelligence officials said that the Hunter Biden laptop was
Russian propaganda? Did you ask yourself why in hell donā€™t they ask 51 CURRENT intelligence officials about that, or, did you just lap that slime off your TV screen?

If the evening news is your source for information, you are sorely uninformed.

Best,
Ted
Posted By: Ted Schefelbein Re: interesting - 02/07/24 01:28 AM
Google, completely free of political mischief and a pure source of informationā€¦.

There you go, fellas. Jimmy has just spelled it all out, clear as day for us.

Best,
Ted
Posted By: craigd Re: interesting - 02/07/24 01:52 AM
Yup, Ted I just did a search. The chief scientist for hunter'sagoodguy international, concluded that regular people can't say that hunter is a stoner, because nine out of ten stoners are on welfare. Can't make it up, but I think Jimmy picked up, and left.
Posted By: ed good Re: interesting - 02/07/24 02:05 AM
duh skys fallin...ah tell ya ah seed hit mah self...duh sky really is fallin...

meta fore ickly speakin dat is...
Posted By: ed good Re: interesting - 02/07/24 02:19 AM
Posted By: Jimmy W Re: interesting - 02/07/24 02:48 AM
Originally Posted by canvasback

Jimmy, people say "never before" because they are thinking about the last 120 years. According to science the earth is 4.5 billion years old. And for that entire time the average temperature of the earth has fluctuated.

There is no hard, irrefutable evidence that says the current slight rise in temps is man made. There just isn't. And the climate change hucksters have literally been caught lying about their facts several times. Temps went up and down over the last 1000 years. Ever hear of The Little ice Age. Man wasn't doing anything that sudden caused the temps to drop in 1350. Nor the rise in temps in the mid 1800. Ever check the amount of carbon spilled into the atmosphere by volcanic eruptions? The polar ice caps grow and shrink. IIRC last winter was one of the biggest for polar ice cap growth on record. Oh and as an aside.....the polar bear population is bigger now that it has likely been in your lifetime. Hole in the ozone? We stopped using CFCs and the hole repaired itself. The great barreier reef had the largest new growth spurt ever recorded recently.

Where are the rising ocean levels if the caps are melting. And if some of the things that are going on, like pine beetle infestations, are the result of a change in climate, who the hell are we to say that's wrong. You don't see any dinosaurs around do you? Things change. This entire thing is about a financial grift and political control by non elected entities.

Remember the Club of Rome in the late 1960s and early 1970s? OMG We will overpopulate the world and run out of food by the year 2000. How did that go???

The biggest problem with the climate change religion is it take our eyes off the pollution issues and deforestation/habitat destruction that we should really be focused on. Like the fact that in 450 years we have removed over 90% of life from the oceans. Or that there are plastics everywhere.
Just about everything you said is incorrect or inaccurate, or only partly accurate. As I said earlier, scientist can drill down into the ice in places like Anartica, Netherlands and US and bring up ice core samples and through the water molecules, measure past temperatures, greenhouse gases, etc. back through several centuries. Not just 120 years. So it is not a guessing game. In fact they can measure temperatures clear back through the past 3 ice ages, if I remember correctly........... You need to read a little more about the pine beetles. The forestry in Alaska is centuries old and have declined only in the past few decades because of the earth's warming. In Alaska the permafrost is melting so badly that pockets of methane gas are coming to the earth's surface of the ice and when the bubbles break, it continues to go up into the atmosphere. People are drilling into the ice only inches down and lighting the methane with cigarette type lighters......... The coral reefs around the world are dangerously declining. The Great Barrier Reef you mentioned only increased in the past year or so and is still quite iffy............. You need to read a bit more about the earth's ozone layer. The ozone above the Antarctic won't return to 1980 levels until around 2066 and above the Artic in 2045 as long as it continues to heal the way it is now.......... According to Steve Amstrap Chief Scientists for Polar Bears says that populations HAVE NOT GROWN. There were only more polar bears than they previously thought. Other experts/scientists say the population has not increased, but their ability to track them has. Dinosaurs?? Yes, things do change. And global warming is doing the changing.
Posted By: John Roberts Re: interesting - 02/07/24 03:01 AM
Olā€™ Ed, showing us his highest and best use.
JR
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: interesting - 02/07/24 03:16 AM
What you and so many are failing to understand, JimmyW, is that these cycles have been occurring since creation. Ya' think the "scientists" following Noah had a theory that some sort of man-made climate change was responsible for the great flood that destroyed all of mankind except for Noah and his wife, and their three sons and their wives? Or, do you boo-hoo that account in the Bible, even though overwhelming geologic evidence exists that the great flood actually occurred? All those peoples who died due to their own wickedness, and who had heard Noah preaching repentance while he labored building that ark for 120 years, must have had a sad but brief realization that they were wrong, and that there really was a Creator who demanded obedience from them above their own self-centeredness. Self centeredness was at the core of the cause for that flood, and is at the core of humanism today.

Here's the essence of the issue with humanists ...... (those are the people who believe that mankind is the ultimate being in the universe, and do not believe in an omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent being .... God Almighty). Humanists easily convince themselves that every anomaly in nature, an anomaly being something that they cannot explain outside the belief of an omnipotent God, happens because of man and his actions. That is a critical error in analytical thought, but is the natural course of thought for an unbeliever, or one who places limits on the power of the Creator, the Almighty God.

The fact is that we are NOT in control. We do not set the course for civilization. We affect it, but only up to a point. We will not destroy the planet before the pre-determined end of the age, and we will not render it a place unfit for civilization outside of the will of God. That power is reserved for Him. When a person gets a proper perspective of their place in the order of things they come to understand just how unimportant they are in the ultimate order of time, but just how important they CAN be in the lives of those around them. And that, my friend, is a humbling perspective.

P.S. guys, better get said what you want to say. I predict this 'un will be locked soon. wink
Posted By: Jimmy W Re: interesting - 02/07/24 03:17 AM
The average amount of snow in my area should be 20-30 inches of snow per winter. 2022-2023-- 14.4".........2019-2020--11.2"..........2021-2022--13.3".........this year-- probably less than a foot so far. I don't know where you non-global warming believers have been, but I haven't shoveled my driveway ONCE this winter. LOL smile
Posted By: mc Re: interesting - 02/07/24 03:21 AM
Jimmy w the last glacial maximum 2.58 million to 11700 years ago to as much as 40 million years ago was a global warming event,methane gas is naturally formed the Sargasso of sea has massive methane blooms mismanagement of the forest has caused unbelievable damage in California,the earth warms naturally,call India and china and complain.P.S follow the money on global warming science.
Posted By: mc Re: interesting - 02/07/24 03:36 AM
The science is settled, 97 percent of scientist who are looking for government grants to study climate change agree.oh my God jimmy four years of anecdotal data it must be global warming
Posted By: Jimmy W Re: interesting - 02/07/24 03:40 AM
What you and so many are failing to understand, JimmyW, is that these cycles have been occurring since creation. Ya' think the "scientists" following Noah had a theory that some sort of man-made climate change was responsible for the great flood that destroyed all of mankind except for Noah and his wife, and their three sons and their wives? Or, do you boo-hoo that account in the Bible, even though overwhelming geologic evidence exists that the great flood actually occurred? All those peoples who died due to their own wickedness, and who had heard Noah preaching repentance while he labored building that ark for 120 years, must have had a sad but brief realization that they were wrong, and that there really was a Creator who demanded obedience from them above their own self-centeredness. Self centeredness was at the core of the cause for that flood, and is at the core of humanism today.

Here's the essence of the issue with humanists ...... (those are the people who believe that mankind is the ultimate being in the universe, and do not believe in an omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent being .... God Almighty). Humanists easily convince themselves that every anomaly in nature, an anomaly being something that they cannot explain outside the belief of an omnipotent God, happens because of man and his actions. That is a critical error in analytical thought, but is the natural course of thought for an unbeliever, or one who places limits on the power of the Creator, the Almighty God.

The fact is that we are NOT in control. We do not set the course for civilization. We affect it, but only up to a point. We will not destroy the planet before the pre-determined end of the age, and we will not render it a place unfit for civilization outside of the will of God. That power is reserved for Him. When a person gets a proper perspective of their place in the order of things they come to understand just how unimportant they are in the ultimate order of time, but just how important they CAN be in the lives of those around them. And that, my friend, is a humbling perspective.
I don't know what exactly you are trying to say, but I believe we CAN help control global warming. The "healing" of the ozone is in reverse and is repairing itself, but it will take time. The main reason it is so hard to correct global warming is because of the world population. It has grown from 2.5 billion to 8 billion since 1950. At least we can try to correct the situation that we have created. I never cared that much for Al Gore, but isn't it odd that everything he told us the scientists predicted clear back in 2005 has come true and is only getting worse?
Posted By: BrentD, Prof Re: interesting - 02/07/24 03:44 AM
Stan, that is just laughable. I'm sorry, but it is.

So predictable. Anything that might just possibly inconvenience those who are so self-centered in their ways, must be wrong, according to them. So it always is.

Today, after burning buckets of gasoline and choking down a grassed steak at Ole's (IYKYK) while watching the Snows and the Cranes, about 5 weeks early along the plate, I'm lounging in Western Nebraska, enroute to California to pick up a puppy. If you didn't think anthropogenic climate change (ACC for short) was for real, it will be by the time I get home. Yes, climate changes and always has. But never has it changed so fast with so much at stake, and so little ability to cope.

It amazes me what such self-centered people can convince themselves of, if it strikes at their lifestyle. But what's new? Humans said we could never cut down all the old trees, or catch all the cod, or shoot all the passenger pigeons and bison, etc. But here we are. And we found so many other ways to add to that toll even without our precious guns. All that CO2 and methane (remember the cows - I have posted a biomass graphic for terrestrial mammals in the past - stunningly depressing).

Did you know that one of the more interesting side effects of CO2 is that it fertilizes plants to the point that there is now about 2x as much biomass (where there are wild plants) than there used to be, preindustrial? Sounds good, eh? Sadly, there is not 2x as much nutrients in that vegetation. So there is a lot of it, but it is increasingly poor quality. So poor that many things (not subsidized cows of course), are having trouble eating enough to make it by. Animals far down the food chain are inarguably (for rational folk, not some of you irrats) are declining. Things like insects and other arthropods, birds, etc. This could be as much from having a tough time choking down enough grub to reproduce sufficiently, to the more traditionally suspected and indubitably guilty, pesticides, pestilence, drought, heat, habitat loss, etc.

The bottom line is that long ago, we passed the point of no return, and it will become much grimmer before it gets better. If you have kids, their lives will be much more impacted than yours, but we see that already and it is not only climate. 8 billion people just won't float on this little bitty rock. They never will.

There is an ecological argument for the "burning down the house" mentality of you ACC deniers. But it is really weak, and really grim, and you really wouldn't like it. I am not nearly as optimistic as Jimmy, but I applaud him for it. It is not that we could not fix it, only that we WILL not fix it.

Carry on.
Posted By: Tim in PA Re: Off Topic, but interesting - 02/07/24 03:48 AM
[Linked Image from cdn-images-1.medium.com]

here is a graph of co2 levels and temperatures for 600 million years, please show me the correlation
Posted By: mc Re: Off Topic, but interesting - 02/07/24 04:03 AM
It has changed so fast before the ice receded stating 11000 years ago at the end of the glacial maximum it receded in hundreds of years not thousands .I just looked at the snow fall historically for where I live data starts in 1892 zero snow then two to four feet then in 1896 over 100 inches then in1926 18 years with no snow this is weather the snow fall is random at best.we can't survive with out co2
Posted By: Tim in PA Re: Off Topic, but interesting - 02/07/24 04:04 AM
Brent, if I gave you a year, say, 4,789,000 BC, could you , or some other professor tell me with any certainty what the global temperature was? If not, how many years before and after that date would you need to give a truly accurate temperature estimate?
Posted By: BrentD, Prof Re: Off Topic, but interesting - 02/07/24 04:08 AM
Not me. Others? Perhaps. I would even say probably. I do not know what sort of confidence interval would be involved either. It is not my thing. I a not a paleo guy much less a climate guy.
Posted By: mc Re: Off Topic, but interesting - 02/07/24 04:11 AM
Brentd is that C3 or C4 grasses?
Posted By: BrentD, Prof Re: Off Topic, but interesting - 02/07/24 04:12 AM
Originally Posted by mc
Brentd is that C3 or C4 grasses?

Both I believe, and not just grass. I need to do some reading.
Posted By: Tim in PA Re: interesting - 02/07/24 04:34 AM
Jimmy, you say the poles are melting, I would assume that includes Greenland. I've included a link to an aviation website. There is a story from 2018 about some people finding a warplane that landed on the ice in Greenland in 1942. If the ice is melting, how did that plane end up under 340 feet of ice in just 80 years?

[img]https://www.avweb.com/news/lost-wwii-plane-found-in-greenland/[/img]
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Off Topic, but interesting - 02/07/24 11:34 AM
Originally Posted by Jimmy
I never cared that much for Al Gore, but isn't it odd that everything he told us the scientists predicted clear back in 2005 has come true and is only getting worse?

You have definitely drunk the Kool-Aid. In a Dec. 14, 2009, speech at the Copenhagen Climate Conference, Gore (same fella that invented the internet, remember) suggested the possibility of the Arctic losing some or all of its ice in the summer months within five to seven years, citing researchers associated with the Naval Postgraduate School.

"Some of the models suggest to Dr. (Wieslav) Maslowski that there is a 75% chance that the entire north polar ice cap, during some of the summer months, could be completely ice-free within the next five to seven years."

All this BS is based on models. Remember the old computer operational saying, GIGO? I can create a model that will predict anything I want it to if I feed it the right "data".
Fact is, it hasn't melted Al, and JimmyW, not even during the summer months. And this is after twice the number of years Maslowski gave it to happen.
Posted By: keith Re: interesting - 02/07/24 12:15 PM
Jimmy, ice core drilling cannot provide precise temperatures. There were no thermometers thousands or millions of years ago. All they can do is get an estimate of the average temperatures in any given core from studying things like the types of pollen and spores found in them, and knowing the range of temperatures where those plant species thrived.

Permafrost has melted in the past. We find animals such as mammoths frozen in the permafrost because it was previously warm enough there for them to live, and warm enough for the grasses and plants they ate to also live. The methane that bubbles up comes from the decomposition of this biomass. It would not even be there if those areas were always too cold for things to grow. This is due to climatic cycles that happened long before there were humans. They continued to happen when there were only a very small number of early humans, and will continue no matter how many humans there are.

The satellite images of the polar ice caps are all extremely recent because we simply didn't have those satellites in space 60 years ago. So we have no really accurate idea how much change there was on a year to year basis going back even a very short time in the earths history. However, we do know that the poles have melted before, and they have frozen to the extent that your latitude was covered in ice. And CO2 levels have no correlation with that. In fact, some of these ice age periods began when CO2 levels were much higher than the level that is causing people like the Nutty Professor to panic today.

We keep hearing that the number of hurricanes that hit the U.S. are going to increase, and the actual data shows that simply has not happened. You won't like this, but look here at the truth:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/621238/number-of-hurricanes-that-made-landfall-in-the-us/

So how can you possibly tell us with a straight face that all of Al Gore's predictions have come true? Every time I start to believe some of this nonsense, I look at the historical data on the National Weather Service website. And every time I look, going back into the 1800's, I see that there is nothing remarkable happening. I don't panic because we have had less snow than average this year. Other years have been worse, and we could still get dumped on. Al Gore lies, but the actual numbers don't. If I thought we could change things, I'd be much more worried about going into a prolonged cooling period. Then we would need to burn much more fuel just to stay warm, and crop yields will fall dramatically, as has happened in the past. And just look at these periods where it was warmer than now, and humanity did very well.

You keep saying that we have all of these illegal immigrants migrating here because they can't grow food, and are starving. Have you seen the pictures of those illegals that are coming here by the millions? Do they look malnourished, like the people you saw during famines in Ethiopia and other countries? How common and how bad are these famines you say are being caused by Climate Change? According to you, they are getting worse.

Recent data shows worldwide deaths from famine had been falling dramatically. The World Peace Foundation reported that from the 1870s to the 1970s, great famines killed an average of 928,000 people a year. Since 1980, annual deaths had dropped to an average of 75,000, less than 10% of what they had been until the 1970s. Please explain that Jimmy.

We, and some European countries are seeing mass migration only because Leftists here and there are doing all they can to destroy national borders. Joe Biden and the Democrats are 100% responsible for the mass migration of illegal aliens coming here. It was under control by Trump, and getting even better until 2021 when Biden undid everything he did. But now we are in an election year, and that issue is killing them in the polls, so they Biden is blaming Republicans because they rejected a Senate Bill that would have done nothing to secure the Border. Unfortunately, those who swallow Democrat propaganda will believe him.

Pine, or spruce beetles in Alaska, are a native species. Their populations rise and fall in cycles. The Climate Crazies are using a recent high part of the cycle to convince people that all the trees are going to die because of climate change. Do you remember the Gypsy Moth infestation during the 1990's that panicked ecologists said was going to kill all of the oak trees? We still have millions of acres of oaks, and hardly hear about the Gypsy Moth anymore. Most of the blights and insect infestations come from invasive species, such as the American Chestnut blight or the Emerald Ash borer. The spread of those maladies had nothing to do with climate change.

We do have some real problems that are being ignored because we are wasting time on this other bullshit. It would be nice to slow down or even decrease the earths population, but you and the Nutty Professor will need to go to Africa, India, China etc. to do that. Demographers say our birth rate has fallen below the death rate in the U.S. Those places are the worst polluters too, by far. But the climate crazies are too concerned with making wealthier countries like the U.S. poor. These lunatics wish to hamstring the farmers that are now more productive than any time in history. The Nutty Professor said we have already reached a point of no return, but has no idea how they determine temperature from ice core drilling. He is also very wrong when he says that climate change is happening at a faster rate than ever before in history. If we have really reached the point of no return, then we might as well live it up, because our species is going to come to an end. He sounds a lot like Stanford Professor Paul Erlich, who had a lucrative 50 year career of predicting doom, gloom, famine, death from pollution, and of course, a new ice age.

https://realclimatescience.com/fifty-years-of-failed-apocalyptic-forecasts/#gsc.tab=0
Posted By: mc Re: Off Topic, but interesting - 02/07/24 12:52 PM
brentD you need to read the effect on c3 c4 grasses co2 causes loss of protein in c3 and no change in c4 .good luck with your new puppy
Posted By: craigd Re: Off Topic, but interesting - 02/07/24 01:11 PM
....that is just laughable. I'm sorry, but it is.

So predictable. Anything that might just possibly inconvenience those who are so self-centered in their ways....

....Did you know that one of the more interesting side effects of CO2 is that it fertilizes plants to the point that there is now about 2x as much biomass (where there are wild plants) than there used to be, preindustrial? Sounds good, eh? Sadly, there is not 2x as much nutrients in that vegetation. So there is a lot of it, but it is increasingly poor quality. So poor that many things (not subsidized cows of course), are having trouble eating enough to make it by. Animals far down the food chain are inarguably (for rational folk, not some of you irrats) are declining. Things like insects and other arthropods, birds, etc. This could be as much from having a tough time choking down enough grub to reproduce sufficiently, to the more traditionally suspected and indubitably guilty, pesticides, pestilence, drought, heat, habitat loss, etc....

....I am not nearly as optimistic as Jimmy, but I applaud him for it. It is not that we could not fix it, only that we WILL not fix it.

Carry on.
"Poor quality" vegitation? That seems like studies that come out of the kalifornia penal system, where they'd rather let their homeless camp toilets flush into the sea, than manage vegetation, right? I like your reference to "traditional" tales, if they don't trigger emotional responses, get a grant to write new tales, huh prof.

Ah, but I digress. Of course, it's laughable and self-centered. And, why not applaud Jimmy, we are not in this together are we prof, phds are in the game to create divides. Jimmy's probably a good guy, but you don't like him for the content of his character, just the color of his politcs?
Posted By: Jimmy W Re: Off Topic, but interesting - 02/07/24 01:16 PM
Originally Posted by Tim in PA
[Linked Image from cdn-images-1.medium.com]

here is a graph of co2 levels and temperatures for 600 million years, please show me the correlation
I don't know where you got this chart but it is wrong. The first temperature is exactly the same as the carbon monoxide put in the air since the 1950s and they are both on an upward level together. Watch Al Gore's movie. I don't know where you got this charge but it is not anywhere near correct.
Posted By: Jimmy W Re: Off Topic, but interesting - 02/07/24 01:18 PM
Originally Posted by Jimmy
I never cared that much for Al Gore, but isn't it odd that everything he told us the scientists predicted clear back in 2005 has come true and is only getting worse?

You have definitely drunk the Kool-Aid. In a Dec. 14, 2009, speech at the Copenhagen Climate Conference, Gore (same fella that invented the internet, remember) suggested the possibility of the Arctic losing some or all of its ice in the summer months within five to seven years, citing researchers associated with the Naval Postgraduate School.

"Some of the models suggest to Dr. (Wieslav) Maslowski that there is a 75% chance that the entire north polar ice cap, during some of the summer months, could be completely ice-free within the next five to seven years."

All this BS is based on models. Remember the old computer operational saying, GIGO? I can create a model that will predict anything I want it to if I feed it the right "data".
Fact is, it hasn't melted Al, and JimmyW, not even during the summer months. And this is after twice the number of years Maslowski gave it to happen.
so you were saying the North and South Pole are not melting? Where have you been?
Posted By: BrentD, Prof Re: Off Topic, but interesting - 02/07/24 01:19 PM
Originally Posted by mc
brentD you need to read the effect on c3 c4 grasses co2 causes loss of protein in c3 and no change in c4 .good luck with your new puppy

Almost all hay and graze grass is c3. C4, in general, is lower quality forage from the git go.
Posted By: Jimmy W Re: Off Topic, but interesting - 02/07/24 01:24 PM
Jimmy, you say the poles are melting, I would assume that includes Greenland. I've included a link to an aviation website. There is a story from 2018 about some people finding a warplane that landed on the ice in Greenland in 1942. If the ice is melting, how did that plane end up under 340 feet of ice in just 80 years?

[img]https://www.avweb.com/news/lost-wwii-plane-found-in-greenland/[/img]
If you read about Greenland, they thought it could melt in the future, clear back in 2005. What Al Gore said was-"IF either the south pole OR the Netherlands would melt, the oceans will rise." So far, the south pole, like the north pole is melting,, and the Netherlands is in danger of going under water. But, I donā€™t believe the Netherlands are actually melting. Greenland IS NOT considered to be the North or South pole.
Posted By: Jimmy W Re: Off Topic, but interesting - 02/07/24 01:45 PM
Brent, if I gave you a year, say, 4,789,000 BC, could you , or some other professor tell me with any certainty what the global temperature was? If not, how many years before and after that date would you need to give a truly accurate temperature estimate?
Now you are being absurd. That is the tactic that non- believers use.
Posted By: canvasback Re: Off Topic, but interesting - 02/07/24 01:59 PM
The average amount of snow in my area should be 20-30 inches of snow per winter. 2022-2023-- 14.4".........2019-2020--11.2"..........2021-2022--13.3".........this year-- probably less than a foot so far. I don't know where you non-global warming believers have been, but I haven't shoveled my driveway ONCE this winter. LOL smile

Have you ever heard of El Nino? We are having one this winter.
Posted By: canvasback Re: Off Topic, but interesting - 02/07/24 02:04 PM
Originally Posted by canvasback

Just about everything you said is incorrect or inaccurate, or only partly accurate. As I said earlier, scientist can drill down into the ice in places like Anartica, Netherlands and US and bring up ice core samples and through the water molecules, measure past temperatures, greenhouse gases, etc. back through several centuries. Not just 120 years. So it is not a guessing game. In fact they can measure temperatures clear back through the past 3 ice ages, if I remember correctly........... You need to read a little more about the pine beetles. The forestry in Alaska is centuries old and have declined only in the past few decades because of the earth's warming. In Alaska the permafrost is melting so badly that pockets of methane gas are coming to the earth's surface of the ice and when the bubbles break, it continues to go up into the atmosphere. People are drilling into the ice only inches down and lighting the methane with cigarette type lighters......... The coral reefs around the world are dangerously declining. The Great Barrier Reef you mentioned only increased in the past year or so and is still quite iffy............. You need to read a bit more about the earth's ozone layer. The ozone above the Antarctic won't return to 1980 levels until around 2066 and above the Artic in 2045 as long as it continues to heal the way it is now.......... According to Steve Amstrap Chief Scientists for Polar Bears says that populations HAVE NOT GROWN. There were only more polar bears than they previously thought. Other experts/scientists say the population has not increased, but their ability to track them has. Dinosaurs?? Yes, things do change. And global warming is doing the changing.

Jimmy, nothing I said is wrong. Nothing! And when you admonish us to go have another look at Al Gore's movie, you vastly undermine your position because that whole movie has been thoroughly debunked. In fact, when you reference the movie as a source for your beliefs (because that's what they are, beliefs not backed up by anything) it suggests pretty strongly a man utterly taken in.
Posted By: craigd Re: Off Topic, but interesting - 02/07/24 02:18 PM
so you were saying the North and South Pole are not melting? Where have you been?
Just because we repeat things, doesn't turn it into fact. Ask the prof, he reads what he wants to read, and he absorbs what he wants to absorb. So what right? Then, he teaches it to mushy minds, turning the next generation into emotional servants, not people whose science stands the test of time.
Posted By: mc Re: Off Topic, but interesting - 02/07/24 03:01 PM
C3 c4 are the common and standard grasses c02 is not harming them without co2 they die so do we.the issue is what can we do about China and India
Posted By: John Roberts Re: Off Topic, but interesting - 02/07/24 04:09 PM
Al Gore and John Kerry are two of the worst menaces to society extant. Dangerous nutballs from hell.
JR
Posted By: Jimmy W Re: Off Topic, but interesting - 02/07/24 04:25 PM
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: Jimmy W Re: Off Topic, but interesting - 02/07/24 04:27 PM
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: Lloyd3 Re: Off Topic, but interesting - 02/07/24 04:44 PM
I can't believe that this thread is still running. Oh well, it just goes to show you that what we believe is largely determined by who (or what) news sources we regularly consume. Who you believe to be credible is what you will ultimately believe to be true. The world view on PBS or NBC is going to be largely different from the perspective on Fox News or even on Bill O'Reilly's No-Spin News. Moreover, the dinosaur media systems (ABC, NBC, CBS, PBS, etc.) have squandered most of their credibility and are now shedding viewers at an incredible clip, accordingly they are becoming more shrill with every passing day (fear sells facetime). The sky is indeed falling, eh? The recent news-room layoffs even made the national news yesterday.

We're at the point to where you just have to sit back and let it all happen (at least I am). This next year is going to be a bumpy ride. Buckle-up.
Posted By: John Roberts Re: Off Topic, but interesting - 02/07/24 04:46 PM
I suggest you stay with Al Goreā€™s teachings, Jimmy. What heā€™s preaching is just right for you. Send him money as well. Give til it hurts.
JR
Posted By: craigd Re: Off Topic, but interesting - 02/07/24 04:55 PM
I suggest you stay with Al Goreā€™s teachings, Jimmy. What heā€™s preaching is just right for you. Send him money as well. Give til it hurts.
JR
I think people give to these causes, mostly because it feels so good when they stop. But, the only better feeling is to spend other peopleā€™s money.
Posted By: Jimmy W Re: Off Topic, but interesting - 02/07/24 04:59 PM
These are two of the charts that Al Gore put in his movie in 2006. Scientists can drill down onto the ice in Antarctica and bring up core samples which can show them the past temperature of the earth and it's CO2 levels (among other things) back 650,000 years. They can tell this by the structure of the water molecules which have been in the frozen water. The blue line indicates the earth's temperature back 650,000 years and the red line indicates the CO2 levels at the same time. You can easily see that they are directly corresponding with each other. A rise in CO2 levels creates a rise in the earth's temperatures. College professor Roger Revelle had been charting these levels since 1965. Al Gore had to get a lift to show the rise in CO2 levels which you can see by the upward red line. This upward trend started in 1945- at the beginning of THIS generation. Never before had CO2 levels gone half as high as it is today. The rise in heat cycles which occurred back 100s of thousands of years ago which people say happened- did happen. But they are so small, you can hardly see them. Even the ice ages are very small compared to the extreme changes that are happening today. People have said, "Oh the temperature has only gone up one degree. Not a big deal." That is true. one degree AT THE EQUATOR. 1+ degree at the equator equals 12+ degrees at the North Pole. Someone criticized me because they thought I was not concerned about my fellow man. So, ask yourself this question: If in only ONE GENERATION we have caused this much changed which is going off of the chart, what are you going to leave for your children and grandchildren?
Posted By: Jimmy W Re: Off Topic, but interesting - 02/07/24 05:06 PM
JR
You aren't just disputing what I say. You are disputing NASA, millions of weather and meteorologist experts, all of the countries in the world who are changing their way of living, every auto corporation throughout the world and on and on. Every appliance you purchase from now on that has that little sticker on it that says, "energy efficiency" on the tag, you can doubt them, too. smile And I don't have to donate money to Al Gore. He does just fine without me. smile
Posted By: Tim in PA Re: Off Topic, but interesting - 02/07/24 08:03 PM
You know, I realize nothing myself, or anyone else here can say will change your mind. I was trying to come up with something that would at least make you think a little bit and consider an opposing position. I could point out graphs, like Al Gores, that while maybe accurate, are misleading. I could show you evidence of far warmer climate in holocene history, but I realize again, you would just ignore it.

Your polar bear argument is a good example. The "experts" claimed the bears would go extinct. Instead of going extinct, the population has risen. How do you explain that? Easy, you nonchalantly dismiss it by saying the "experts" didn't know what they were talking about. Great defense, think about that.

Mark Twain said it is easier to fool someone than it is to convince them they've been fooled.

The problem with this whole climate change trainwreck is that you have multiple large pieces at play, all pushing us into a disastrous, non weather related future, by advancing this narrative.

Countries, think China, that stand to gain a great deal of wealth, power and influence.
Politicians and bureaucrats, think EU and WEF, that stand to gain a great deal of control, power and wealth.
Scientists, too arrogant and self-consumed to admit they don't know everything, or maybe just activist, that stand to gain in their careers and influence.
And then you have the everyday tools, the "useful idiots" who need some cause to believe in, and will cheerfully supply the rope to the above mentioned parties to hang them with.

I was reading the, Big Three, sporting magazines back in the 70's through the 90's. They started environmental columns and articles back then, preaching gloom and doom. I doubt if 1% of their predictions ever came to pass. That's how it works. People politically inclined to the left have the memories of a flea. Some "scientist" says the world will starve to death in the year 2000 and the believers all run around with their hair on fire. 2000 comes and goes, everyone's fat, and the believers forget. And then someone says Tuvalu will be swallowed up by a rising Pacific in 3 years, and everyone's hair is on fire again. 3 years later Tuvalu has grown in land mass and the fleas move on to the next existential crisis. So it goes. I guess just keep your eyes closed and enjoy your crusade.
Posted By: mc Re: Off Topic, but interesting - 02/07/24 08:28 PM
To beat a dead horse ,it was widely reported in the 1970s that we were going into an iceage and massive global cooling,all the usual suspects chimed in with scientific studies irrefutable data it was going to happen .well they were incorrect it didn't happen then global warming?what happened to global warming? Now climate change I just see people wanting control of our life our cars our heaters and stoves,our food production everything in life ,and you are labeled a science denier if you question them.and batteries are the next ecological disaster
Posted By: Mark II Re: Off Topic, but interesting - 02/07/24 08:39 PM
If there is too much Co2, plant a couple trees.
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Off Topic, but interesting - 02/07/24 10:44 PM
Originally Posted by mc
To beat a dead horse ,it was widely reported in the 1970s that we were going into an iceage and massive global cooling,all the usual suspects chimed in with scientific studies irrefutable data it was going to happen .well they were incorrect it didn't happen then global warming?what happened to global warming? Now climate change I just see people wanting control of our life our cars our heaters and stoves,our food production everything in life ,and you are labeled a science denier if you question them.and batteries are the next ecological disaster

Exactly. They thrive on drama.
Posted By: Jimmy W Re: Off Topic, but interesting - 02/07/24 11:31 PM
You know, I realize nothing myself, or anyone else here can say will change your mind. I was trying to come up with something that would at least make you think a little bit and consider an opposing position. I could point out graphs, like Al Gores, that while maybe accurate, are misleading. I could show you evidence of far warmer climate in holocene history, but I realize again, you would just ignore it.

Your polar bear argument is a good example. The "experts" claimed the bears would go extinct. Instead of going extinct, the population has risen. How do you explain that? Easy, you nonchalantly dismiss it by saying the "experts" didn't know what they were talking about. Great defense, think about that.

Mark Twain said it is easier to fool someone than it is to convince them they've been fooled.

The problem with this whole climate change trainwreck is that you have multiple large pieces at play, all pushing us into a disastrous, non weather related future, by advancing this narrative.

Countries, think China, that stand to gain a great deal of wealth, power and influence.
Politicians and bureaucrats, think EU and WEF, that stand to gain a great deal of control, power and wealth.
Scientists, too arrogant and self-consumed to admit they don't know everything, or maybe just activist, that stand to gain in their careers and influence.
And then you have the everyday tools, the "useful idiots" who need some cause to believe in, and will cheerfully supply the rope to the above mentioned parties to hang them with.

I was reading the, Big Three, sporting magazines back in the 70's through the 90's. They started environmental columns and articles back then, preaching gloom and doom. I doubt if 1% of their predictions ever came to pass. That's how it works. People politically inclined to the left have the memories of a flea. Some "scientist" says the world will starve to death in the year 2000 and the believers all run around with their hair on fire. 2000 comes and goes, everyone's fat, and the believers forget. And then someone says Tuvalu will be swallowed up by a rising Pacific in 3 years, and everyone's hair is on fire again. 3 years later Tuvalu has grown in land mass and the fleas move on to the next existential crisis. So it goes. I guess just keep your eyes closed and enjoy your crusade.
Well, you can dispute all you want but you aren't disagreeing with me. You are disputing every country in the world that is changing there lifestyle, every auto manufacturer in the world who is focusing on more efficient vehicles. Every appliance manufacturer who is focusing on more efficient appliances to reduce global warming. Factories who are reducing CO2 pollutant levels that used to bellow smoke and pollutants into the atmosphere. NASA, who is helping show people the effects through photography of the earth. Millions of scientific weather experts and meteorologists. So, when people on this website who have recently been effected by floods, hurricanes, tornadoes and other similar catastrophes due to global warming, like people suggested, maybe YOU can open your wallet and contribute a few bucks to THEM. I'm sure they would appreciate it. That way you can explain to them earth's temperature isn't increasing and causing disasters. Tell THEM that higher temperatures doesn't increase the strength of hurricanes. Don't tell me. I'm like Al Gore (who really didn't invent the internet). I'm just the messenger. And while you are at it, explain how the facts that AL Gore and scientists warned you about decades ago, have become a reality. And like someone mentioned, over the years things CAN change for the better. That doesn't mean that what they predicted back 20 years ago were lies to hurt people. Oh, and one final thing- you might want to explain why insurance companies like Allstate, in places such as Florida, are cancelling people's homeowner's policies because they live too close (within two miles) to the ocean. They must believe something is on the horizan. Good luck and good shooting.
Posted By: Jimmy W Re: Off Topic, but interesting - 02/08/24 12:36 AM

Something else, I'll be glad (as would anyone else) to see any proof to back up what you say. I have given you names, companies, people who are considered knowledgeable in their fields to back up what I passed along. I'd be glad to look at the proof you have on anything. Throwing useless blather into a conversation doesn't prove anything on your part. I would love to hear where you get your facts and who from, exactly. I gave you the name of the person who commented on the polar bear population. So, how do YOU explain your statements. The bible is only 6,000 years old. I gave you scientific evidence from 650,000 years ago. Don't just say, "SOME BOOK BACK IN 1970" . What book exactly? Show us the article. I would love to see it. I gave you recent data from a month ago.
Posted By: CJF Re: Off Topic, but interesting - 02/08/24 02:03 AM
In 1994, heads of the major U.S. tobacco companies testified before Congress that the evidence that cigarette smoking caused diseases such as cancer and heart disease was inconclusive, that cigarettes were not addictive, and that they did not market to children. Less than 1 month after this testimony, a box containing confidential documents from the Brown & Williamson Tobacco Corporation was delivered to the University of California at San Francisco. What was revealed in these documents was evidence that the tobacco industry had for decades known and accepted the fact that cigarettes caused premature death, considered tobacco to be addictive, and that their programs to support scientific research on smoking and health had been a sham.

You are someoneā€™s target market.
They may want your wallet.
They may want your vote.
They may just want you to be pissed off and not paying attention.
But the PragerUā€™s of the world are spending real money, on YOU, for a reason.

I engaged on this thread about politics because Iā€™m worried about where we are going as a country. Will my kids enjoy the same freedoms and opportunities that I did? Will my wife and I enjoy the retirement we worked and saved for?
I donā€™t know.
I do know that the GOP today is not what it was when I voted for Reagan. Or Bush. Or a different Bush. Conservatism used to be about a way for America to be better. For Americans, and as a force for good in the world.
I engaged on this thread about politics because you all go right for the bait. You rally to defend this issue or that issue, and vote GOP because theyā€™ll defend your guns or fight the ā€œwokeā€ for you.

Youā€™ve contributed 11 pages comments saying why global warming is a hoax. Because of a video from PragerU funded by a billionaire (Dan Wilks) who made his money fracking.
So vote because you donā€™t believe the science. Or the news. Or the government.
Vote because you believe the propaganda bought by a billionaire.
You are the target market.

They know they are lying to you. Do you know?
Posted By: craigd Re: Off Topic, but interesting - 02/08/24 02:08 AM
I was wrong. Jimmy you are a full blown, koolaide drink'in sheeple, or at least that's what the data says. They have to offend you, but I am always fascinated to know, how are you able to be remotely associated with shotguns?
Posted By: keith Re: Off Topic, but interesting - 02/08/24 02:14 AM
These are two of the charts that Al Gore put in his movie in 2006. Scientists can drill down onto the ice in Antarctica and bring up core samples which can show them the past temperature of the earth and it's CO2 levels (among other things) back 650,000 years. They can tell this by the structure of the water molecules which have been in the frozen water. The blue line indicates the earth's temperature back 650,000 years and the red line indicates the CO2 levels at the same time. You can easily see that they are directly corresponding with each other. A rise in CO2 levels creates a rise in the earth's temperatures. College professor Roger Revelle had been charting these levels since 1965. Al Gore had to get a lift to show the rise in CO2 levels which you can see by the upward red line. This upward trend started in 1945- at the beginning of THIS generation. Never before had CO2 levels gone half as high as it is today. The rise in heat cycles which occurred back 100s of thousands of years ago which people say happened- did happen. But they are so small, you can hardly see them. Even the ice ages are very small compared to the extreme changes that are happening today. People have said, "Oh the temperature has only gone up one degree. Not a big deal." That is true. one degree AT THE EQUATOR. 1+ degree at the equator equals 12+ degrees at the North Pole. Someone criticized me because they thought I was not concerned about my fellow man. So, ask yourself this question: If in only ONE GENERATION we have caused this much changed which is going off of the chart, what are you going to leave for your children and grandchildren?

I am left nearly speechless by what Jimmy has posted here. Did Jimmy really say that ice ages are very small events compared to what we see happening today??? You would think the polar ice caps have melted and New York City is 100 feet under water. There is so much incorrect information packed into one short paragraph that I hardly know where to begin. It is evident that Jimmy believes anything and everything Al Gore says, and no facts, charts, or information anyone here provides is going to change his mind.

I suspected that I was probably wasting my time posting information, data, and links to refute what Jimmy is insisting upon. I did it only because I hope there are people who actually are willing to do their own research to find out they are being lied to. Jimmy asked for evidence to back up what we are saying, and he chooses to totally ignore the evidence I provided. I provide him a link showing that the number of hurricanes making landfall per decade has not increased one bit since 1850, and he continues to say there are more due to climate change. I show him evidence that there were periods in relatively recent human history that had warmer temperatures than we have today, in spite of higher present day CO2 levels, and he says that the minor warming we had recently is worse than any ice age. He apparently can't grasp the fact that a return to the conditions of the last ice age would end virtually all agriculture and food production in the entire Northern Hemisphere for thousands of years! So why should any of us bother providing any more? This is like a religion to people like Jimmy. They are as devoted and dogmatic as any radicalized Muslim terrorists who would blow themselves up with a suicide vest, while ignoring that the leaders of their religion do not practice what they preach. Al Gore and John Kerry have carbon footprints hundreds of times greater than what they say we all should have. They are rich, fat, and happy to have millions of brainwashed fools who do their bidding and accept everything they say. At this point, it appears that we all wasted our time , and only John Roberts got it right:

I suggest you stay with Al Goreā€™s teachings, Jimmy. What heā€™s preaching is just right for you. Send him money as well. Give til it hurts. JR

Oh yeah, Ed got it right too... by posting the video of Chicken Little, hysterically screaming, "The Sky Is Falling!"....
Posted By: craigd Re: Off Topic, but interesting - 02/08/24 02:37 AM
Originally Posted by CJF
...I engaged on this thread about politics because Iā€™m worried about where we are going as a country. Will my kids enjoy the same freedoms and opportunities that I did? Will my wife and I enjoy the retirement we worked and saved for?
I donā€™t know.
I do know that the GOP today is not what it was when I voted for Reagan. Or Bush. Or a different Bush. Conservatism used to be about a way for America to be better. For Americans, and as a force for good in the world.
I engaged on this thread about politics because you all go right for the bait. You rally to defend this issue or that issue, and vote GOP because theyā€™ll defend your guns or fight the ā€œwokeā€ for you....
Jo-n-kamala, and their appointed policy making ideologs are going to give your children, freedoms and opportunities? There is some value in picking the lesser of two evils, rather than trying to pedal some faux high ground.
Posted By: CJF Re: Off Topic, but interesting - 02/08/24 02:43 AM
Here's the PragerU transcript. Message me if you want to get on the phone to constructively discuss or even just tell me why I'm smoking dope. We're Americans. We ought to be able to talk this shit out.

(In my opinion, the video's justification for the last one, authoritarianism, is the weakest. I'll agree that GOP presidents Reagan and Trump did cut taxes and regulations. But that's now what this concern is about. The biggest issue is respecting US law and the peaceful transfer of power. 2020 was not a rigged election. If you believe Trump won in 2020, you're special, and I'm not worthy of your time, so let's not ever talk.)

Transcript

Why do you hate conservatives? Well letā€™s not say hate. Letā€™s say dislike, because you donā€™t really hate anyone.
You may dislike them because they want to ban abortion. Conservatives say theyā€™re all for freedom, but when it comes to a womanā€™s freedom to choose what she wants to do with her own body, they sing a different tune.
You may dislike them because they oppress people of color and deny the fact that America is systemically racist. Conservatives say that everybody is equal regardless of race, and that racism has little to no effect on the daily lives of people of color. So they just ignore the issue altogether.
You may dislike them because they donā€™t believe in climate change. Scientists keep telling us weā€™re overheating the planet and conservatives donā€™t seem to care. Theyā€™re more concerned about profits than people. But what good is money if you have no planet to spend it on?
You may dislike them because theyā€™re obsessed with guns. How are we ever going to stop gun violence if we donā€™t get guns off the streets? And how are we ever going to get guns off the streets, if conservatives block every commonsense gun law?
You may dislike them because theyā€™re so intolerant. Whatā€™s the harm of calling somebody by their preferred pronouns? Why canā€™t conservatives just show some compassion instead of obsessing over every kind of behavior they donā€™t like?
You may dislike them because if they got their way, theyā€™d get rid of democracy and establish an authoritarian theocracy. Bye-bye separation of church and state. Hello, fascism.
After all that, you might sum up conservatives in one word: ugh.

If any of this resonates with you, I get it. Iā€™ve been there. Butā€”and this surprised meā€”I found they actually have reasons for thinking the way they do.

Here are some of them.

On abortion: To start, we can agree that no one likes abortion. But there is a clear divide on the issue. Progressives focus their attention on the mother. Conservatives, while they have compassion for the mother, focus their attention on the baby. They see a human being growing in a motherā€™s womb as innocent and vulnerable. Those babies deserve to be protected, since they obviously canā€™t protect themselves.

On racism: Conservatives donā€™t deny that racist people exist, but when it comes to the narrative of systemic racism, conservatives are unconvinced. Of course there are disparities in this country, but why assume that these disparities are because of racism? Good schools, good parents, good habits, and good communities would go much further toward alleviating poverty and expanding opportunity than a lifetime of racial justice movements. By the way, these rules apply to everyone, regardless of skin color.

On climate change: Conservatives have very little faith in computer models that have been inaccurately predicting disaster for nearly half a century. Conservatives have a lot of faith, however, in human ingenuity to overcome climate. What is air conditioning but a human adaptation to the environment? See Miami or Phoenix for further reference. This is not to say we should simply do nothing. Nuclear power, for example, holds so much promise as a renewable and safe energy source. Conservatives donā€™t understand why environmentalists oppose it. It makes them skepticalā€”and suspiciousā€”that the real agenda behind the environmentalist movement is not saving the planet, but giving more power to the government to control peopleā€™s lives.

On guns: We all want to live in a safe society. This is why firearms are regulated in every state. But we know bad guys will always find a way to get guns. See Chicago and Baltimore for further reference. Thatā€™s why conservatives want gunsā€”to protect themselves from the bad guys. Itā€™s not much more complicated than that.

On tolerance: Conservatives see tolerance as a two-way street. If someone demands to be addressed by certain pronouns and considers it intolerant if you donā€™t comply, conservatives wonder why that isnā€™t intolerant. Why are a conservativeā€™s moral or religious beliefs less worthy of respect than anyone elseā€™s?

On authoritarianism: Whenever conservatives win political power, theyā€™re typically trying to cut taxes and regulations, make the government smaller, and bolster constitutional freedoms like that of speech and religion. That doesnā€™t sound very authoritarian, does it? Progressive policy almost always raises taxes, expands regulations, increases the size of government, and now curtails free speech. To a conservative, that sounds authoritarian.

Well, now that youā€™ve heard a few of their arguments, do you dislike conservatives less than you did before?
Not even a little?
Iā€™m Amala Ekpunobi, host of Unapologetic at PragerU.com for Prager University.
Posted By: craigd Re: Off Topic, but interesting - 02/08/24 02:47 AM
Originally Posted by CJF
....So vote because you donā€™t believe the science. Or the news. Or the government.

Do you have any idea which President seated the last three Supreme Court Justices, and where the country would be, if those three were Jacksons
and Kagans? Have those two and Sotomayor ever ruled based on facts, such as there's supposed to be in science, or do they write hard left decisions to serve their political leaning?
Posted By: BrentD, Prof Re: Off Topic, but interesting - 02/08/24 02:50 AM
Originally Posted by Lloyd3
I can't believe that this thread is still running. .
That's hilarious, Lloyd. Of course it is still going, and you very well knew it would when you started it for just this reason.
Posted By: craigd Re: Off Topic, but interesting - 02/08/24 02:54 AM
Originally Posted by CJF
....On guns: We all want to live in a safe society. This is why firearms are regulated in every state. But we know bad guys will always find a way to get guns. See Chicago and Baltimore for further reference. Thatā€™s why conservatives want gunsā€”to protect themselves from the bad guys. Itā€™s not much more complicated than that....
Far too simplistic. Look at those of all stripes who visit here, appreciating fine sporting arms, among countless other needs, wants, and don't forget rights.
Posted By: CJF Re: Off Topic, but interesting - 02/08/24 03:06 AM
Originally Posted by craigd
Originally Posted by CJF
...I engaged on this thread about politics because Iā€™m worried about where we are going as a country. Will my kids enjoy the same freedoms and opportunities that I did? Will my wife and I enjoy the retirement we worked and saved for?
I donā€™t know.
I engaged on this thread about politics because you all go right for the bait. You rally to defend this issue or that issue, and vote GOP because theyā€™ll defend your guns or fight the ā€œwokeā€ for you....
Jo-n-kamala, and their appointed policy making ideologs are going to give your children, freedoms and opportunities? There is some value in picking the lesser of two evils, rather than trying to pedal some faux high ground.

CraigD - Here's where I'm coming at this from. I'm in my late 50s. Lucky to be retired. I have two daughters. Mid-20s, single. Wife is also retired. Under Trump, the tax cuts for the wealthiest exploded the deficit by $7,000,000,000,000 and now the GOP is saying we're spending too much and we need to cut entitlements. So that's a non-starter. (FWIW, my taxes also increased under Trump) Worse, Trump destabilized security across the globe, and that's playing out with Russia, China and the middle-east.

So yes, Jo-n-kamala offer a better option for me and my kids. If Biden is re-elected and increases tax rates for those of us making less than $400K, then I'll be less happy. I don't think that will happen but it could. But I'm done believing in Santa, magic and trickle-down economics. And I'm tired of the GOP using culture wars to distract folks like you while they subsidize the hopes and dreams of their billionaire donors. And I believe Biden will continue to invest in US infrastructure, manufacturing and the middle class, and that will drive my investments to grow.

So I want 4 years where we focus on growing the middle class, pushing back on dictators, and enforcing our laws on everyone, equally. And growth.
Posted By: CJF Re: Off Topic, but interesting - 02/08/24 03:21 AM
Originally Posted by CJF
....So vote because you donā€™t believe the science. Or the news. Or the government.

Do you have any idea which President seated the last three Supreme Court Justices, and where the country would be, if those three were Jacksons
and Kagans? Have those two and Sotomayor ever ruled based on facts, such as there's supposed to be in science, or do they write hard left decisions to serve their political leaning?

I know who seated the last 3. But I don't follow your point, sorry. Can you explain here or message me?

Re SCOTUS, how comfortable are you with any justice taking gifts from donors with cases before the court? The absence of a binding ethics policy for gifts and conflict of interests seems at odds with what was expected of me in the business world.
Posted By: Tim in PA Re: Off Topic, but interesting - 02/08/24 03:24 AM

Something else, I'll be glad (as would anyone else) to see any proof to back up what you say. I have given you names, companies, people who are considered knowledgeable in their fields to back up what I passed along. I'd be glad to look at the proof you have on anything. Throwing useless blather into a conversation doesn't prove anything on your part. I would love to hear where you get your facts and who from, exactly. I gave you the name of the person who commented on the polar bear population. So, how do YOU explain your statements. The bible is only 6,000 years old. I gave you scientific evidence from 650,000 years ago. Don't just say, "SOME BOOK BACK IN 1970" . What book exactly? Show us the article. I would love to see it. I gave you recent data from a month ago.

What does the Bible have to do with anything I said? I don't want to go there, but I will say this, Stan is right, and all the answers are found in the Bible. And no, I don't think the world is flat and 6,000 years old.

My old laptop crashed, along with it a lot of saved information I no longer have saved. Looking this stuff up, and debating online, quite frankly, hurts my head, I don't have the temperament for this. It's especially painful considering I'm doing this for nothing, you are too rabid to consider anything that doesn't agree with the narrative, but I'll humor you, here are some links. Some are predictions, and some are articles showing the world was a warmer place in our not too distant past, Al Gore and his graphs, notwithstanding.

But maybe you can humor me, and talk about some of the political consequences I alluded to.

[img]https://www.independent.co.uk/clima...-ross-ice-shelf-scott-coast-b691484.html[/img]
[img]https://www.livescience.com/ancient-bog-beetles-england.html[/img]
[img]https://www.accuweather.com/en/clim...rthed-as-europes-drought-worsens/1232070[/img]
[img]https://www.livescience.com/4702-melting-glacier-reveals-ancient-tree-stumps.html[/img]
[img]https://www.greenmatters.com/p/tuvalu-sinking[/img]
[img]https://www.sciencealert.com/pacific-island-nation-expected-to-sink-is-getting-bigger[/img]
[img]https://www.aei.org/carpe-diem/18-s...rth-day-in-1970-expect-more-this-year-2/[/img]
Posted By: mc Re: Off Topic, but interesting - 02/08/24 03:29 AM
Media matters George Soros billionaire,funding all theses DAs that are destroying the cities ,stores closing because of the social justice criminals robbing them blind .you can chose not to watch Prager u .what about the cities and peoples lives being destroyed by the Democrat policies .I don't get it or worshiping at the global warming alter.
Posted By: Stanton Hillis Re: Off Topic, but interesting - 02/08/24 03:44 AM
Originally Posted by CJF
So I want 4 years where we focus on growing the middle class, pushing back on dictators, and enforcing our laws on everyone, equally. And growth.

If JB is re-elected you'll get growth alright, growth in the millions of illegal immigrants flooding our southern border and threatening the security of our nation. See how you and your kids like that.
Posted By: BrentD, Prof Re: Off Topic, but interesting - 02/08/24 03:51 AM
Originally Posted by CJF

If JB is re-elected you'll get growth alright, growth in the millions of illegal immigrants flooding our southern border and threatening the security of our nation. See how you and your kids like that.

That growth in illegals doesn't really seem to be happening. He's already shipped back more illegals than Trump. Of course, he could do better if your heroes had voted for that border bill instead of protecting Putin. Not sure what y'all see in Putin that makes you want to protect him like Trump does. Personally, I hate dictators and communists like that.

And see how your kids like that ACC. It is really going to suck, and they will get the brunt of it.

Carry on.
Posted By: CJF Re: Off Topic, but interesting - 02/08/24 04:38 AM
Originally Posted by mc
Media matters George Soros billionaire,funding all theses DAs that are destroying the cities ,stores closing because of the social justice criminals robbing them blind .you can chose not to watch Prager u .what about the cities and peoples lives being destroyed by the Democrat policies .I don't get it or worshiping at the global warming alter.

I agree that following the money is usually key to sorting out the amazing times we're living in. But you lost me with your Soros comment. I'm typically looking to see the connection between someone who might do something, and WHY that person might do it. Usually the why is based on sex, money or power. So is Soros getting laid, paid or more power by what he is doing?

Can you break this down for me? And please pick a specific DA and help me understand how this works to destroy a city.

(BTW, yes, Soros gives a shit ton of money through PACs to influence elections. Roughly $128mil in 2021. Just not understanding how a District Attorney, whose role it is to prosecute, destroys a city. Also, I confess I didn't know how Soros compares to other billionaires who are donating to push their agendas. A quick google shows he's #1! Now the next 4 of the top 5 are Republican donors, but let's not dig deeper there. https://thehill.com/lobbying/3720141-here-are-the-biggest-donors-in-the-midterm-elections/ )

Let's get past this before we tackle why retailers close stores. My background is analytics for a $100bil retailer. Curious what this is about. And please don't reference Target, as they got caught lying about their store closures.
Posted By: mc Re: Off Topic, but interesting - 02/08/24 10:58 AM
Alvin bragg in NY just let individuals go who beat cops up ,the DA in Los Angeles who refuses to prosecute crimes both are funded partially by Soros organizations you know exactly what I'm talking about what's going on in San Francisco retailers are running out of the cities Seattle has record empty buildings Portland is a lovely day in hell .and the middle east is about to really explode ,China saber rattling massive amounts of deaths in Ukraine .what is causing this mess .what changed?
Posted By: craigd Re: Off Topic, but interesting - 02/08/24 12:38 PM
Originally Posted by CJF
....CraigD - Here's where I'm coming at this from. I'm in my late 50s. Lucky to be retired. I have two daughters. Mid-20s, single. Wife is also retired. Under Trump, the tax cuts for the wealthiest exploded the deficit by $7,000,000,000,000 and now the GOP is saying we're spending too much and we need to cut entitlements. So that's a non-starter. (FWIW, my taxes also increased under Trump) Worse, Trump destabilized security across the globe, and that's playing out with Russia, China and the middle-east.

So yes, Jo-n-kamala offer a better option for me and my kids. If Biden is re-elected and increases tax rates for those of us making less than $400K, then I'll be less happy. I don't think that will happen but it could. But I'm done believing in Santa, magic and trickle-down economics. And I'm tired of the GOP using culture wars to distract folks like you while they subsidize the hopes and dreams of their billionaire donors. And I believe Biden will continue to invest in US infrastructure, manufacturing and the middle class, and that will drive my investments to grow.

CJF, I appreciate the response. My thought process does not involve Santa, trickle-down, magic or dictators. We are of similar age, I have twice as many kids, and half of them are married. My wife and I got half of them all through college, and the other two dropped out to voluntarily start ambitious and successful careers. None of them burden society with substance abuse "medical conditions", nor have they taken any criminal court or penal system resources. I choose to continue working, I like what I do, and I value it. Lol, so what?

I am not so sure you are aware of what has happened to the national debt in the past three years. I prefer to stay aware of world events, and I cannot comprehend how you see world leadership with our current administration, three years on and you still blame Trump? My children can get a speeding ticket, or are forced to pay for free drug needle programs, but their children have to compete for school seats and basic services with illegal alien felons, according to our laws?

You do know your regular people have supposedly gone over a trillion in credit card debt? Do you realize your administration has gone, hat in hand, begging Iran and Venezuela for crude oil, after irresponsibly tapping the national reserve? What a difference three years makes? Take care of your two precious daughters, the best you see fit. Do you think they would have concern if you lost your train of thought and fell regularly like our current guardian of the future?
Posted By: craigd Re: Off Topic, but interesting - 02/08/24 12:43 PM
Originally Posted by CJF
....I know who seated the last 3. But I don't follow your point, sorry. Can you explain here or message me?

Re SCOTUS, how comfortable are you with any justice taking gifts from donors with cases before the court? The absence of a binding ethics policy for gifts and conflict of interests seems at odds with what was expected of me in the business world.
Too vague for me. I believe you have awareness, and if you want to bait me, bait me with facts about any decision where the three were in lock step and shot down by the rest? How did that constitutional leaning decision harm you?
Posted By: craigd Re: Off Topic, but interesting - 02/08/24 12:48 PM
Originally Posted by mc
Alvin bragg in NY just let individuals go who beat cops up ,the DA in Los Angeles who refuses to prosecute crimes both are funded partially by Soros organizations you know exactly what I'm talking about what's going on in San Francisco retailers are running out of the cities Seattle has record empty buildings Portland is a lovely day in hell .and the middle east is about to really explode ,China saber rattling massive amounts of deaths in Ukraine .what is causing this mess .what changed?
Thanks mc, CJF's laid and paid dismissal shows what a hypocritical time we are in, but I'm certain he would have full awareness, if a minimum wage clerk gave him incorrect change at a store, or if he didn't like the service at a restaurant.
Posted By: Jimmy W Re: Off Topic, but interesting - 02/08/24 01:01 PM
I was wrong. Jimmy you are a full blown, koolaide drink'in sheeple, or at least that's what the data says. They have to offend you, but I am always fascinated to know, how are you able to be remotely associated with shotguns?
I love my guns. That is why I would hate to see them scattered across the countryside with my home and everything else I have. That is why I am so concerned about global warming. In a way, I also feel the guilt I have because I have been part of the generation (the baby boomers) who created this situation. And I try every day correct it. But I am only one particle of sand. Name calling doesn't bother me. I live in the same house I grew up in. I worked at a nearby company for 30 years and watched them pollute the very river and creeks where my buddies and I hunted, swam and fished in as kids. I am grateful that they have cleaned up their act, so to speak. And as I sit here and look out the very picture window I played under as a child, I watch the sun on the horizon with absolutely no snow on the ground this winter. And I remember 4-6 inches of snow almost all winter long. In one way I enjoy it because I have grown tired of the cold snow. But still, it causes a very eery feeling that something is very wrong.
Posted By: mc Re: Off Topic, but interesting - 02/08/24 01:27 PM
Jimmy w I'm looking out my window at a foot of snow and it's still snowing from 1926 to 1944 it didn't snow here ,last week it was 55 here.i talked with a guy who's lived here for 50years he told me good luck trying to predict the weather up here ,sometimes 5 feet of snow some years no snow so if I don't have snow for four years it must be global warming? and jimmy consider it's not man made and just cycles in our planet history how many extinctions have there been?how many iceage and warming ?the petrified Forrest is a great example.climate change is the opiate of the masses.
Posted By: craigd Re: Off Topic, but interesting - 02/08/24 01:34 PM
You make great points that I am positive matter dearly to you. There are far wider issues than yours or my hometowns, your passion for the environment, and certainly not limited to what you love and hate. If I knew you, it would be personal. You are Jimmy, the generic person that has taken a side. If you tread on me because of your passions, I'm not the best person to fall in line. The country needs solutions, not emotions. Turn 'em off and fix your sandbox, don't wait around for others to punish your big corp strawmen.
Posted By: keith Re: Off Topic, but interesting - 02/08/24 02:28 PM
Wow, I felt that Jimmy's thought process was akin to the religious zealotry of a radicalized Muslim suicide bomber... but CJF is off the charts here when it comes to Trump Derangement Syndrome and disdain for all Republicans.

This is an obvious Biden voter who's claims he was a devout Republican until 2016 when he became an Independent. Then there was some unexplained transformation that caused him to suddenly feel that Republicans are no longer for the People, and only subservient to billionaire donors. This sounds oddly familiar here. Oh, I know why, and I'm also noticing all of the "Likes" CJF is getting from another Liberal Left pretender... none other than Stevie, the Free Advertising gunsmith... another Trump basher who also claims to be an "Independent Moderate". However, when it comes to bashing politicians, we see that virtually all of his/her criticism is leveled at Conservative 2nd Amendment supporting Republicans.

My takes from CJF's diatribe is this is a diehard Democrat. This is someone who, right out of the gate, says he won't even discuss anything with anyone who dares to question the 2020 Election, and the mounds of evidence that there was massive fraud that favored Biden. These people can actually watch "2000 Mules" and see video of Democrat Mules illegally stuffing large piles of ballots into unattended Drop Boxes, and then move on to repeat the same illegal Ballot Box stuffing at another location. And then say they see nothing wrong. Or that was "Debunked" by some wacked out Liberals at MSNBC or Politico. We know several state, including my own, violated their State Constitutions and accepted and counted illegal ballots. So much more, but why bother, because these Democrat "See No Evil" monkeys can only repeat the mantra that 2020 was the most secure election in history, and anyone who questions it is a denier unworthy of debate.

I really liked the line from CJF about equal enforcement of the laws. Democrats all seem to be able to say this with a straight face. And none of them have a problem with direct evidence to the contrary. We see Trump getting hit with and huge FBI raid and dozens of felony charges for holding onto White House documents, while their savior Biden held White House documents in his garage and other unsecured locations. We see Roger Stone convicted and jailed for not defying a Congressional Subpoena, while Hunter Biden and Obama officials Rahm Emmanuel and David Simas were not charged. Then we see Jan' 6th protesters jailed without bond, tried and convicted, while BLM and Antifa rioters who burned cities, Courthouses, Churches, Stores, Police Cars, etc. not even charged. People who sing religious songs outside of an Abortion Clinic are charged with crime while those who violated Federal Law by protesting and threatening outside of the homes of Supreme Court Justices are not charged by Biden DOJ. We see New York temporarily changing Statute of Limitations Laws to allow E.Jean Carrol to file frivolous lawsuits against Trump, without any evidence, while more credible claims of assault on women by Clinton and Biden are brushed aside.

CJF claims his income taxes rose under Trump tax cuts. I'd like to see the proof. The only way that happened would be if CJF earned more money or did something like taking some short term capital gains, etc. I can see it now. The Trump Tax Cuts are due to expire. If reelected through more fraud and cheating, Biden will allow taxes to go up. And CJF will blame Trump for that too.

But it gets much better when CJF blames Trump for destabilizing Russia, China, and the Middle East. So we had no new wars under Trump, Putin and Kim Jung Un behaved and didn't shoot missiles or attack anyone. ISIS was wiped out. Iran was on the verge of collapse, and unable to fund Hamas or Hezbollah. Then Biden gets in and China is threatening to take Taiwan. We have the totally bungled Afghanistan withdrawal, Putin invades Ukraine (as he invaded Crimea and the Donbas region under Obama) and Islamic terrorists are attacking Israel and U.S. ships. And somehow this is Trump's fault???

This guy must be smoking some of the fentanyl and illegal drugs that are pouring in through the Border. But CJF even blames the invasion of Illegal immigrants on Trump and says Biden has done a better job. That's some really funny shit. We have Biden obstructing justice by stopping Border Patrol and INS agents from doing the job we are all paying them to do. We have Biden ordering Border Wall gates to be welded in the OPEN position, and selling off uninstalled sections of the Wall at a huge loss to taxpayers. We have Biden suing Texas for putting up razor wire and doing the job the Feds won't do. We have at minimum, quadrupled the number of illegals entering the U.S. We have Sanctuary cities complaining about being overwhelmed with Illegals. We have over 100,000 people per year dying from drug overdoses. Democrats are silent about that, yet will try to pass more gun laws if a wee tiny minuscule fraction of that number die in a shooting. Yet CJF is telling us that Biden is doing a great job of securing the border. This guy makes Rocky Mtn Bill and nca225 look like Conservatives!

The we saw CJF complaining about Supreme Court Justices taking gifts, while somehow ignoring the ethics scandal where Sotomoyer's taxpayer paid staff were directed to strong-arm Universities where she was speaking (for money) to buy many copies of her book, to sell to students and attendees. Just one incident of this at one University netted over $100,000 in book sales. Nothing to see here! Then CJF pretends to see no link between Soros funded Prosecutors who refuse to file charges against looters, smash and grab flash mobs, and shoplifters, and the massive rise in retail theft in Democrat run cities. Even California Governor Gavin Newsom witnessed someone leaving a Target store without paying, and pointed it out to an employee. She didn't know who he was, and told him they don't even try to stop shoplifters due to the laws passed by the Governor. But CJF fails to see any connection. It looks as if the late anti-gun Canadian Liberal King Brown has been reincarnated.

I thought the brainwashed religious zealotry Jimmy shows with his devotion to Global Warming propaganda was something, but he doesn't hold a candle to CJF the self described Independent. I keep wondering who could actually still support Biden for reelection after seeing the inflation, higher energy costs, the corruption, weaponizing of the Justice Dept., the invasion at the Border, the foreign policy blunders that have experts warning us we could be close to another World War, the grooming of children by transgenders in public schools, etc. Now I know.
Posted By: rocky mtn bill Re: Off Topic, but interesting - 02/08/24 02:33 PM
This conversation perfectly illustrates our Great Divide. One camp maintains there is an objective reality, and the other embraces its alternative facts. It is truly scary that people so obviously smart can be so thoroughly brainwashed, but then their cult leader is probably the greatest con man in human history.
Posted By: keith Re: Off Topic, but interesting - 02/08/24 02:44 PM
Originally Posted by Lloyd3
I can't believe that this thread is still running. .
That's hilarious, Lloyd. Of course it is still going, and you very well knew it would when you started it for just this reason.

Lloyd, I've seen how you treat the Nutty Professor with dignity and respect.

I'm reminded of the old saying... "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished".

Know this Lloyd. Your Conservative values and ideas are totally unappreciated by those here on the Left. But as long as you keep your mouth shut, and don't point out any of the failures of Liberalism, Socialism, and anti-gun Democrat dogma, you will be tolerated... for now.

But your ESG Score is already in the toilet, so there may be future ramifications...

I hope your broken leg is healing well.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com