doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: rocky mtn bill Arrizabalaga - 04/14/24 12:26 PM
There is frequent talk here of various Spanish makers but scant mention of this one. It would be informative to hear some reports and opinions.
Posted By: campero Re: Arrizabalaga - 04/14/24 03:11 PM
I can tell you that it's one of the best, if not the best, factory in Spain!

Now a days, Arrieta and Arrizabalaga works together.

Arrieta & Arrizabalaga
Posted By: eightbore Re: Arrizabalaga - 04/14/24 03:34 PM
I own a delightful 28 gauge Arrizabalaga, Model # in my files. It is unengraved, but top quality wood to metal fit. Made in the fifties but modern quality. It is not a normal fifties Spanish gun. William Larkin Moore had a 28, identical to mine a couple of years ago, asking $5000.00. I was tempted to pair it up with mine, but it disappeared rather quickly.
Posted By: arrieta2 Re: Arrizabalaga - 04/14/24 03:44 PM
Some of the early guns were not as up to speed as the later guns. A number of years ago a friend of mind told me about a Arrizabalaga that was at Collectors Firearms in Houston. The price was great. Too cheap. I hurried down there the next day and when I saw the gun it was not of the quality I expected. I asked if I could remove the locks. The guy knew who I was and agreed. Inside on the lock was stamped AYA. Now not say that was a bad thing, just saying that as soon as I had the gun in my hands even before I removed the locks you could see it was done no where near their later guns. I passed.

John Boyd
Quality Arms
Posted By: campero Re: Arrizabalaga - 04/14/24 06:39 PM
Originally Posted by eightbore
I own a delightful 28 gauge Arrizabalaga, Model # in my files. It is unengraved, but top quality...

Please, show us your gun! I'm a 28ga fan wink
Posted By: eeb Re: Arrizabalaga - 04/14/24 09:42 PM
There have been several articles in Shooting Sportsman about the resurrected Arrizabalaga firm. They advertised a $49k pigeon gun.
Posted By: eightbore Re: Arrizabalaga - 04/15/24 02:21 PM
Their new catalog is to die for.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com