doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: canvasback New to me Greifelt 16 ga on the way - 10/25/23 12:41 PM
Just picked up a Greifelt 16 gauge. 28 1/2" barrels, 14 1/2" LOP, scalloped boxlock weighing 6 pounds even. Sideclips, cocking indicators, cross bolt and intercepting sears. A limited amount of engraving but every screw has a set screw and all the slots look untouched. All for an extremely small amount of money. The downside is it is from a dealer up here in Canada who is well known for terrible pictures and the bare minimum of description. No lies but lots of sins of omission. He counters that by offering a 30 day no question full refund upon return. So really, I'm only gambling on the $60 freight here and back if it's crappy.

Looking forward to figuring out a production date. I think its from between the wars but the intercepting sear is throwing me off. I didn't really plan this but the more I poke around the German and Austrian gun world, the more I like what I find.
Posted By: J.B.Patton Re: New to me Greifelt 16 ga on the way - 10/25/23 01:16 PM
I feel that the Greifelt guns I’ve handled, have been quality pieces-& undervalued ,even in their lower graded guns-
An example below is a 20 ga O/U, pre war quality gun, which appears to be built on the equivalent of a merkel 300 action , with double locking under lugs , intercepting sears and Kersten top bolts.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/1006720444

One could do much worse for a light short barreled quail or grouse small bore!

I hope your new acquisition meets expectations, I’ve not seen any “ duds” .
Best Regards,
JBP
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com