June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 423 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,587
Posts546,760
Members14,425
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

Slightly off topic.
I don't believe the problem is whether or not UPS will deliver to a FFL, I believe the problem is whether or not UPS can deliver at all.

Here is a Brass Headboard that UPSs wanted to leave on my porch and mark as "Delivered".

Sidelock
Sidelock

The real issue here is that there are so many misinformed people at the counter. Yesterday I went to a UPS hub to send a shotgun. They would not accept it. So I had the woman call the UPS ofices and the person there said that it had to be an FFl retailer to use there service. I explained that the delivery address was a FFL holder and the law says that any one can send a long gun to a FFL holder. The sender is not required to have a licence. the UPS offices person said that that was true but the restriction was their policy.
I took it to another UPS store and there I was told that thats only true for handguns and they shipped it no problem.
I usually ship USPS I have no issues there ever because I had the lady at the counter look up the laws for long guns and there are no restrictions. It is actually a violation if they dont accept it

wear those safety glasses
gjw Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

While we're on the subject, I guess things in Bismarck may be a bit different. I've never had a problem shipping a firearm with either UPS, Fedex or USPS. I normally ship from a Mom & Pop UPS outlet, but have shipped from the Hub and have never been asked for a FFL. Fedex will ask if the gun is going to a FFL, but never wanted to see the FFL. I've also never had a problem with UPS. Their Tracking System IMO is superior to both Fedex and especially the USPS, never had a shipment that was late (sometimes early) from UPS. In fact, where I live you can set your watch by when they will deliver. Fedex on the other hand for delivery down here is TERRIBLE. Don't know when of if they'll come on the scheduled day. I had one case were they said they attempted delivery, but on one was home. Hell, I was waiting on it and my kids were outside at the time they said they tried to deliver. And I'm not the only one, everyone down here has their horror stories about Fedex. I don't use Fedex anymore and shudder when they are the carrier. Never had a bad experience with UPS, no damage, on time and a great Tracking system. so far so good (knock on wood!)

Best!

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
Sidelock
Sidelock

The applicable Postal Service regulation appears below:

Rifles and Shotguns
Except under 12.1.1d and 12.1.2, unloaded rifles and shotguns are mailable. Mailers must comply with the rules and regulations under 27 CFR, Part 478, as well as state and local laws. The mailer may be required by the USPS to establish, by opening the parcel or by written certification, that the rifle or shotgun is unloaded and not ineligible for mailing under 12.1.1d. The following conditions also apply:

a. Subject to state, territory, or district regulations, rifles and shotguns may be mailed without restriction when sent within the same state of mailing. These items must bear a “Return Service Requested” endorsement, and must be sent by Priority Mail Express (“signature required” must be used at delivery), Registered Mail, or must include either insured mail service (for more than $200) requiring a signature at delivery or Signature Confirmation service.
b. A shotgun or rifle owned by a non-FFL may be mailed outside the owner's state of residence by the owner to himself or herself, in care of another person in the state, where he or she intends to hunt or engage in any other lawful activity. These mailpieces must:
1. Be addressed to the owner.

2. Include the “in the care of” endorsement immediately preceding the name of the applicable temporary custodian.

3. Be opened by the rifle or shotgun owner only.

4. Be mailed using services described in 12.2a..

c. Rifles and shotguns may be mailed by a non-FFL owner domestically to a FFL dealer, manufacturer, or importer in any state. USPS recommends these items be mailed using those services described in 12.2a..
d. Except as described in 12.1.2a, licensed curio and relic collectors may mail firearms meeting the definition of curios or relics under 27 CFR 478.11 domestically to FFL licensed curio and relic collectors in any state. USPS recommends these items be mailed using those services described in 12.2a..
e. Firearms which are certified by the curator of a municipal, state, or federal museum which exhibits firearms to be curios or relics of museum interest may be accepted for mailing without restriction.
f. Air guns that do not fall within the definition of firearm under 12.1.1a are mailable. A shipment containing an air gun with a muzzle velocity of 400 or more feet per second (fps) must include an Adult Signature service under 503.9.0. Mailers must additionally comply with all applicable state and local regulations.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.