Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 15 16
Lloyd3 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

This video is a bit tongue-in-cheek but it isn't far-off of reality these days. Between the introduction of wolves (where I hunt elk & deer) and a new slate of gun laws (seemingly weekly) I'm pretty discouraged (& I don't fish much here anymore). It would be easy to dismiss my complaints as those of an angry old man except for the fact I've lived here for 40-years now and it was quite different even 10-years ago. The effort to remake my home state has been relentless and I see it as the model for changes occurring all over this country. See what you think...

Last edited by Lloyd3; 02/17/24 05:57 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

It didn't take 3 seconds for me not wanting to live there. One picture says 1000 words. SNOW. Not where I want to be. Sorry.

Last edited by Jimmy W; 02/17/24 04:00 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Jimmy W
It didn't take 3 seconds for me not wanting to live there. One picture says 1000 words. SNOW. Not where I want to be. Sorry.

You don’t have that in Indiana? We had it in North Carolina when I was a kid. Not much, but, we had it. Clearly, your grouse hunting differs from mine.

Lloyd, it would seem your home has moved on. Have you given any thought to where you are going to go? The idiots that infest the metro area, here, are convinced they can legislate natural gas use into obsolescence by 2030, pretty sure that won’t end well.

Good luck. We will need it.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Interesting about that ten year time frame that you notice the most changes. As a pretty regular visitor, legalized pot really got a subculture of all manner of losers thriving. Lately, I can't believe what sort of sanctuary garbage is being pedaled there. That leftwing slippery slope is in full avalanche.

2 members like this: DropLockBob, Ted Schefelbein
Sidelock
Sidelock

Denver runs the state and Denver is too California-ish for me. This is what happens when people leave one state for another when they do not like the directions things are going. All is fine in their new home state except they want just a little of what they left there as well. Not the crazy stuff, not the out of control stuff, but just the little things like legal pot, or some other harmless thing. But it never is just one thing. It is just one minor thing after another until you notice everything has changed and now people look at moving to another state like Texas and starting over again and again.

My birth state of Maryland has transformed into a liberal haven which I can not stand. For years we said the Baltimore area ran the state but now it is more the Baltimore-DC area with them spilling over into Virginia and West Virginia to start their becoming more progressive while turning their backs on their history and their entire way of life. But I also admit I am getting older and less tolerant of stupid people, who know they are superior to all others. Maybe we just need to pass a law if you take student loan forgiveness you can not vote for any elections above county level for 20 years. You do not pay your loans or your share you do not get to vote to change things until you pay your bills or get time out.

2 members like this: doublenut, Ted Schefelbein
Lloyd3 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

When I was a much-younger man, the John Birch Society folks (in the world I was growing-up in,1960s western Pennsylvania) pretty-much saw everything as a communist plot to destroy this country. "Sex, Drugs & Rock & Roll" were their primary complaints about popular culture and, as a young man of-course, I thought (then) that they were nothing but total-weirdos who were determined to stop any and all of my adolescent "fun". From where I sit now, however, I'm beginning to think that they might have been onto something. Legalising pot here has had devastating effects on several aspects of life in Colorado (downtown Denver is almost unrecognisable to me now, and I worked downtown for almost all of my professional life). Crime, homelessness, urban-decay and businesses fleeing the city, illegal immigration, etc. are all problems that can arguably be laid at the feet of that one questionable decision. Large demographic shifts are a big part of that problem as well, and like all complex issues, it's very hard to identify a starting point. But, I'm now thinking that the pot legalization really got things rolling here.

Last edited by Lloyd3; 02/17/24 08:02 PM.
1 member likes this: Ted Schefelbein
Sidelock
Sidelock

It isn't just Colorado. I grew up in Minn, land 10,000 lakes and plenty of hunters and fisherman and most of my family still living there are thinking of getting out. I live in Mich now and considered a haven for sportsman, with lakes and stream and National forest land for hunting but ruled by Libs that think they can be carbon neutral by 2030, passing another gun law will stop criminals, paying for the first 2 years of college will somehow offset the fact most HS graduates can't read beyond the 8th grade level.

This ain't a dress rehearsal , Don't Let the Old Man IN
2 members like this: keith, Ted Schefelbein
Sidelock
Sidelock

When I graduated from college, I had an interest in the Palynology (fossilized spores and pollen grains) courses I had taken. One of my Palynology Professors had been head Palynologist for Shell Oil. He was also President of both the American and International Associations of Stratigraphic Palynonogists. He had told us about the great opportunities in that field. So with few good job opportunities in my area, I thought it would be a good idea to head out west to try to find work in gas and oil exploration. My Dad had been stationed in both Wyoming and Colorado where he taught Electronics in the Air Force, and he frequently talked about how much he liked Denver and Colorado Springs. After driving my old 1969 Chevelle across the desolate and sparsely populated midwest and the eastern part of Colorado, I finally hit Denver. I was shell-shocked when I saw it was nothing like my Dad had described it. I never cared for larger cities, and this was just too much for me. Then after talking to some local residents, including a friend who worked for Coors Brewing Co., I quickly learned that the hunting and fishing opportunities were also nothing like the nostalgic images my Dad recalled. Even at the time I was there, it was already becoming either a costly paid proposition, or going to extremely crowded public hunting lands.

I stayed in Denver a couple days and headed north. Never had any desire to go back either. Not even a little bit. I can only imagine what it must be like now.

Widespread pot usage is nothing new, and I seriously doubt if that alone is the cause of the urban decay, homelessness, crime, businesses fleeing, and illegal immigration. I think by now that you know the root cause of all of the above.... along with relentless attacks on our 2nd Amendment rights too.

Hint: It starts with a "D"

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

2 members like this: Lloyd3, Ted Schefelbein
Sidelock
Sidelock

For context

Fishing report: 2/17/24

(2) 12"* rainbows, apparently stockers. Let them go.
(1) 16" rainbow, apparently a hold over. In the fridge. Nice dark pink meat.
(2-3?) bites flopped off and got away.

I made a mental health decision go fishing once a week.

Lloyd is correct about everything. Go fishing before it sucks harder.

1 member likes this: Ted Schefelbein
Sidelock
Sidelock

We've had about two inches here (last night) twice this winter and for the first time in my life, the driveway was not deep enough to shovel. Thanks to global warming. I get my fish in a sandwich at Frisch's. Best in the world. I hate cold weather. I'm a hot weather guy.

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 15 16

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.