June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
2 members (tunes, Ian Forrester), 507 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,579
Posts546,670
Members14,425
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
Sidelock

I can't help with the identity of your Manton, but I'm impressed with the "click to enlarge" feature of your picture posting. How'd you do that?...Geo

Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

My photo site (I roll my own and use Gallery) resizes photos on the fly. What I did was to first select the large photo and copy it's location (the same you would do if inserting an inline image) and put that as a URL, then I got the smaller photos location and wrapped it in IMG tags (how you insert inline images), finally I closed the URL tag (by /url). Here is an example:

Code:
[url=http://LARGEIMAGEADDERSS][img]http://SMALLIMAGEADDRESS[/img][/url]

That makes a clickable hyperlink with an images as it's "friendly name".

I like old guns...

I'M LOOKING FOR A COLT 1903 FRAME, PM ME IF YOU HAVE ONE
Sidelock
Sidelock

GSequoia,

I think I half understand it.

Can it be done using photbucket?

So many guns, so little time!
Sidelock
Sidelock

GS, welcome to The Board.

I am guessing your "click & enlarge" will make you a lot more famous than your "Manton", :-)

JC

"...it is always advisable to perceive clearly our ignorance."ť Charles Darwin
Sidelock
Sidelock

They are indeed twist brls, and NOT London nor Birmingham proof marks. Sorry.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: revdocdrew
FAKE London proofs would be a give-away.
If you'll zoom the pic of the rib, I think the twist pattern is apparent. It helps to stare at the full sun through open venetian blinds first however

Drew,

Please explain "FAKE London proofs". This would be a violation of several laws in multiple countries.

Pete

Sidelock
Sidelock

Indeed (and many thanks to David Trevallion for this document)

Last edited by revdocdrew; 12/02/07 10:39 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Drew,

Excellent! So it was a Birmingham maker that doing this in 1854.

Pete

Sidelock
Sidelock

These marks appear very similar at least to Birmingham marks. Would you care to elaborate as to just what is wrong with them which denotes they are fake?

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

I'm sure it can (although I do not have any experience with PhotoBucket), all you need are two different sizes for the same image. If Photobucket does that for you great, otherwise you'll need to create a small image and a large one.

You can likely get crafty with the code here to scale down a large image but that would not really do anything good as it would still take a good amount of time to load for people with slower Internet connections (The main reason I refrain from posting images that are large).

I like old guns...

I'M LOOKING FOR A COLT 1903 FRAME, PM ME IF YOU HAVE ONE
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.