Rocketman, I've been using plain baby oil,wiped clean after shooting. I don't know how this compares to the #28 grease but I'm sure ii's much thinner. I was warned about grit staying in the lube being the worst offense, so the thinner the better. I don't know what to think,but I will look at the grease.
I also keep my psi in that 7500 range but opt for the 1oz. loads. It's when I have the chance to go pheasent hunting that I wish for the bigger shot charge. Still keeping the psi at around 7500 I look for the 1&1/8 oz loads. Those damn western birds seem awfully tough to bring down,even with #4s. So will a couple of boxes of do much damage? That seems a pretty tricky question.
Being cheap in this game is a virtue to me. Unfortunately I've become hooked on IMR 7625 which is one of the more expensive powders out there. It was Bell's articles on the virtues of 7625 having the same pressure curves as black powder that attracted me and now I can't quite it. Is there a viable alternative that is just as soft. I haven't found one yet.
Thanks for answering,Justin