June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
3 members (Wild Skies, HalfaDouble, steve voss), 242 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,575
Posts546,518
Members14,424
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Sidelock
Sidelock

Drew,
I'm sure this original post was meant to compare one absurdity to another, showing the absurdity of both.

Steve,
Funny, funny stuff. I was rollin.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks Chuck.

I like doctors...really I do. I've been around them since I was born.

Sidelock
Sidelock

A country gal showed up in the Doc's exam room complaining of mild persistent abdominal pain. He examined her and said "Take a urine sample first thing in the morning and bring it to me."

The next morning she showed up with two black eyes and an arm in a sling and limping. The Doc wants to know what happened.

"Well, to be honest I didn't know what a urine sample was and I was too embarassed to show my ignorance to you. So on the way home I remembered that the lady on the next farm grew up in the city. Since I go by her house on the way to mine I decided to stop and ask. So I did and she told me to go piss in a bottle and I told her to shit in her bonnet and one word led to another."

I'm 55 and there is no doubt in my mind that all the doctors that I went to were smarter, worked harder, and were more conscientious than I was. As a matter of fact I wouldn't go to a doctor as dumb or lazy or careless as me. When I screw up there is just raw sewage on the floor or someone's office is hot.

Best,

Mike

Last edited by AmarilloMike; 06/19/10 04:30 PM.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

eighty million that's all???
There's probably 80 milliom guns just in Pennsylvania!!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Rob, if my doctor began asking about my smoke alarms, baby crib or hot water heater I would immediately have doubts about his mental state. If the baby came in with cuts and scrapes, or the patient had hot water burns on one foot where he stepped into the tub it would be different. Maybe in WA the populace is accepting of that type of nosiness, but not around heah.

I recently saw my Doc due to a severe digestive tract problem. He prescribed me belladonna/phenobarbitol tablets. I remarked that he had to get me straightened out quickly as I had to leave to go shoot the U.S. Open in a few days. He replied sternly that if I wasn't much better in two days to call him back! Good doctor and a good friend.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: treblig1958
eighty million that's all???
There's probably 80 milliom guns just in Pennsylvania!!

LOL...you got THAT right! Half of those, at least, are in western PA!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Fishnfowler

The intent of asking about guns, is to recommend safe storage and handling. It is the same as asking if the crib is of modern manufacture, the house has smoke alarms, and is the hot water heater set low enough for children.

Rob.

So... are you and other doctors asking about cribs, smoke alarms, and hot water tank settings... or just about the presence of guns?

While I always stored my guns empty and securely when my kids were small, I recognized the fact that eventually I might slip up and leave one out. I also realized that with over 80 million guns here in Pennsylvania, there was a very good possibility they might encounter a gun at the home of a Grandparent, Uncle, friend, etc.

So the better path was to train them from an early age. I would intentionally leave an unloaded revolver or long gun on the bed, for example, and send one of the kids into the bedroom to get my slippers. I would have them in full sight so I could gauge their reaction. They had been taught over and over that if they ever found a gun, or if one of their cousins or friends found a gun, that they should immediately run and tell an adult.

My kids always did exactly as they were told, and I praised and rewarded them with a trip to McDonalds, or Dairy Queen, or whatever they wanted. This reinforced the training, and they would never even hesitate to run and tell me about the gun that I intentionally left layin out.

Finally, as soon as possible, I taught them about guns and allowed them to shoot. I explained that they never needed to sneak a peek, but merely ask, and I would take them shooting. This stops the "forbidden fruit" type curiousity.

I feel the AMA approach will merely lead to more kids being insulated from reality, and then when they do encounter a gun, curiosity will lead them to touch, examine, and otherwise play with it with possible tragic results. My Doctors' questions may prompt ME to lock up my guns, but what about the other 79.99 million in my county alone?

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

How do you distinguish between an oral and rectal thermometer?

THE TASTE!

Sidelock
Sidelock

There are two different kinds of thermometers?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Doctor and Lawyer were walking down the street. Doctor sees a stunning lady with a figure to make you drool. Tells his lawyer buddy he would like to "screw that lady". Lawyer looks at her and then him and ask him "screw her out of what?".

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.