Originally Posted By: Craig Larter
Super Fox 12ga 32" 3"

Vanderbilt's Simply Divine (call name DeeDee)Watching ducks circle,

Very nice looking Lab indeed- and a female (?) black duck and a male woodie- quite a contrast. I wish the HE 12 I once owned looked as nice as yours- some "shade-tree" gunsmythe tried to convert the pg (as shown on your gun) to a straight hand grip-- didn't know wood grain and recoil- so the stock was splintered when I bought it years ago- Acra-Glas fixed it (somewhat) but it was about as ugly as home-made poop- forearm was replaced with a beavertail that came from a dead beaver- but it shot like a house on fire--alas--

I have seen a few of Ken's fine Calls- my "Dr. Death" for Canadas is the Jim Blakemore custom walnut call I won at a DU Sponsor Event about 22 years ago- he is from Olive Branch, Illinois I believe- the call is signed and with that address-

Only place where I differ from your fine fotos, Mr. Lartner- is the "Bling"-- as the code of both snipers and Mil special ops. is clear (assuming you wish to live) No Rattle-No Shine- so all my leg bands are in a R.G. Dunn cigar box- more from male Mallards than from any other of the waterfowls I hunt- very few hen mallards or woodies or teals that I have seen "in hand" wore leg "irons" mainly found on Canadas- and a few times, more than one per deceased bird--

My 4 year old male black Lab "Khartoum" does great- except for one little "hang-up" Early season before the freezes hit us, I always remove his collar before a waterfowl hunt- so he can't get it caught in brush or debris and get choked- do not use the Neoprene Camo "Vest" on him until it gets colder- BUT- with the vest on- he won't go into the water to retrieve- with the vest off, he's after a dead bird or the rare crippled one like white gets on rice- Figure that one, ey??

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..