June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
6 members (bigblock, SKB, smlekid, Borderbill, 2 invisible), 310 guests, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,572
Posts546,465
Members14,424
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Sidelock
Sidelock

Tony, don't give up hope. In 2007, my mother was diagnosed with Leukemia. At 45 she was quite young. After moving to Houston TX for a over a year of treatment at MD Andersen, her cancer was finally put into remission. Then, after one of her regular checkups, the doctors found that the cancer had come out of remission and was back with a vengeance. The cancer was more aggressive than ever and the doctors told her that she could go home and die or they could try an experiment treatment that was unlikely to succeed. She almost gave up because the treatments were absolutely miserable. But she decided to go forward with the treatment and because of that she is still alive and well. Lord willing she will live a long and happy life. And I hope that you will be able to as well. Never give up the fight! God can work miracles!!!

Adam

Sidelock
Sidelock

Tony,

I certainly have enjoyed your posts on the latest refurb/restoration projects, and fully expect to see more in the future.

You've been a fighter to this point and I know you'll continue to do so.

My best wishes and prayers are with you and your family in beating this and for a full recovery.

Cameron Hughes
cgs Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Tony,

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

God bless,

Dan

RMC Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Tony,
Your posts and photos have graced the computer screens of like minded readers and viewers around the world and especially here in the States. You inspired us with your talents and skills. Your photos gave us a look at you, your work, and your home place. "The river runs through it". Need to post photos of you and your wife on your upcoming bird hunt. Picture of your boy with his heirloom gun would be nice. We need that connection on our end. You've become just like a neighbor down the road. This DGS brotherhood cares about our brothers and sisters. God cares about us all and will hear prayers for your healing and courage for your family. God Bless. Randy

RMC
Sidelock
Sidelock

What Randy said.

Amen

"The price of good shotgunnery is constant practice" - Fred Kimble
Sidelock
Sidelock

Tony, I am stunned on hearing of your cancer. Though we've only been cyber friends I have counted you as a real friend and have valued your contribution to this board. I pray to our Lord Jesus Christ for your healing. And moreover, I pray that He will wrap his arms around you and your family with His Peace. Our petitions to Him will be continuous for you.

I am amazed at your courage, sharing your heart with all of us. Thank you. Cling fast to the cross and trust Him for everything!

When an old man dies a library burns to the ground. (Old African proverb)
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ChiefShotguns
Tony, I would like to offer a note of encouragement based on my own personal winning battle with cancer. True, the cancer that I had was different, it was colon cancer. I was initially diagnosed in 07/2000, immediately started a regimen of radiation therapy where they pointed the nose end of an enormous machine essentially up my butt and let it hum and glow for several minutes, plus a regimen of chemo treatments. The goal was to shrink the tumors before surgery was done. It apparently was successful. I had surgery in 10/2000, they cut me open like a watermelon, removed two feet of colon and the entire rectum, fabricated some sort of replacement rectum and sewed that in (it's not as good as the original, but it works, I can still sit down to go poop, I don't have to have a bag on my abdomen) and then sewed me back up. I stayed in the hospital two weeks with a morphine pump hooked up. Marvelous stuff, that morphine. Anyway, they said they thought they got everything, but I still had to have another 30 chemo treatments. That has now been nearly 11 years, and I am still cancer free. My only point is to offer encouragement, you can indeed win your battle as well. My life style has obviously changed somewhat, but I still have a life style, and I believe you can as well. My prayers will have you in them. Have faith in God first and in your medical staff next.

Larry

Larry:
I've read your post 3 times and I'm still in awe. You are an inspiration to all of us. God Bless!!
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
LGF Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Tony -

I can only echo the others - you have been a friend and inspiration to all of us. Your superb work and willingness to share are a major part of this forum, and we expect you to keep it up for years to come.

Laurence

Sidelock
Sidelock

Tony I am sorry. When I am in rough going I try to do one day at a time. I hope the shoot goes great.

I have enjoyed your posts very much and value the information you have shared.

All the best,

Mike

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: RMC
Need to post photos of you and your wife on your upcoming bird hunt. Picture of your boy with his heirloom gun would be nice. We need that connection on our end. You've become just like a neighbor down the road. God cares about us all and will hear prayers for your healing and courage for your family. God Bless. Randy

Tony and Marie Treadwell and their most beautiful children Izzy 2 1/2 years old and William (Will) 10 years old.......

MAY GOD HOLD THEIR HANDS THROUGH ALL OF THIS WE ALL PRAY........."No warmer heart glows and always shares on this forum than that of Tony Treadwell"............................

Izzy and Will on the beach in Spain recently during Holiday.....

Marie Shooting the 1890 20 bore George Gibbs recently......

Izzy and new family member 'Rex' and Will.....

All our deepest heartfelt warmth, blessings and feelings for your recovery,

Doug

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.