June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
7 members (bushveld, Jtplumb, Hammergun, FlyChamps, 2 invisible), 449 guests, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,574
Posts546,485
Members14,424
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
RMC Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

PA24, Thanks for posting the great photos of a loving and happy family. They are our neighbors down the road. Stops ya in your tracks, doesn't it? Can't understand why the enemy stopped at their door. Prayers. Randy

RMC
ben-t
Unregistered
ben-t
Unregistered

To you and your family I can only say I will pray for the best and look forward to your posting here again.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I am sending you my prayers and also sending love to your lovely family. You have so many blessings with such great kids and a super wife. God bless.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Tony, my wife died at 50 years old from kidney cancer which had metasicized to all lover her body.

you'vr got a long row to hoe, ordinarily. For your sake I hope you enjoy ever minute of life that you can.

you're talented above most of us here, and your loss will be missed. I won't pay you the disrepspect of false hopes, what you have seems terminal. Although I would do the chemo.

You're a tough old bastard and can go the full course, if need be.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Tony,

So sorry to here this. You and your family will be in my prayers.

Sam

Sidelock
Sidelock

Tony prayers sent for you and your family. Bobby

Boxlock
Boxlock

Tony,

My longtime girlfriend is going through similar to what you are going through right now. What began as a innocent cough Jan 1 of this year turned out later to be stage IV cancer in her lung and her brain. For as long as I've been with her I thought I really "knew" her. Boy was I mistaken. The inner strength and determination she has to SLEIGH THIS DRAGON called cancer is amazing.

I don't know you personally but after reading your post your determination to fight on for your family and keep a positive attitude... in some ways I do.

Sleigh the Dragon Tony!

Best,

Frank

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Everyone, just a huge thank you and thanks for the many personal notes. Of course I will fight hard and as long as I can. I'm really touched by all of these messages and it's shame I can't meet any of you...well for the time being anyway. smile

Stub, thanks your girlfriend sounds inspirational my friend.

T
x

Sidelock
Sidelock

Tony, I missed your post because I spent yesterday in my cancer hospital. I have been fighting this for almost 8 years now. I do mean fighting as well. When I was first diagnosed, all I could think of was my only child, not having her Dad see her graduate. Now I have seen her do that, graduate from college and get married. Now, I worry about my wife, I hope she can recover at a young enough age to enjoy life, when my fight is over or I win over this dreadful disease. But, fight you will need to do. I have had over 45" of cuts to my body, 7 surgeries adding up to 45hrs. under the knife, 83 times on the radiation table and I am now in my 2nd clinical trial. I have cancer everywhere(skull, spine, femurs, pelvis, ribs, lungs,liver) and it is growing, but I keep going and you will too. Everyday is looked upon as a gift, that you make sure you don't squander. You have to feel yourself as the example, to show your kids what tough really means. You will find that Drs. love patients that are fighters. They all want you to be on the win side of their score card. If they don't, you as patient, must find the hospital and Dr.s that does want you on the winning score card. So make sure you let them know that!

My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Dave Katterheinrich

Sidelock
Sidelock

Tony,
As you know my wife lost her fight with cancer this summer. What Dave says is absolutely true, Gails team of doctors and nurses also became her cheering section and ardent supporters. They were wonderful right up to the end. I'm not trying to give you false hope, but people do sometimes beat this thing. There's no reason why it can't be you. A positive attitude can only help. Staying busy, like your doing, helps too.
Steve

Approach life like you do a yellow light - RUN IT! (Gail T.)
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.