I would suppose that the view process prior to proof gets rid of most that would blow up when they are rejected at that stage. No, there is no guarentee but they should be fine if the correct ammunition is used and it does seem to work. I still can't believe that you have no consumer protection legislation of any kind. Can you sell unroadworthy motor vehicles that are in a dangerous condition over there? Surely there is some sort of testing procedure.

Yes, the ten commandments are pretty early legislation that also pre date the United States of America. Don't go by every law in the Bible as I belive stoning to death is now considered unconstitutional. :-)

Well, America deceided to go its own way in 1776 and I suppose they haven't done too bad. If you don't want a Proof House then I won't force you to have one. I'd still like to know if you did have access to such a facility then who of you would use it? Hands up anyone. By the way, where is Smallbore on this one as he buys and sells a lot of guns and uses the Proof House quite a bit. Lagopus.....