For those who haven't been paying attention, "verbatim" means word-for-word, and "near" means almost.

Here in America, people are innocent until proven guilty. It is not up to the accused to prove innocence. The person who calls himself "JM" has charged that GCA '68 is a "near verbatim copy" of the Nazi Weapons Law of 1936. He has provided no evidence of that. And he has charged a U.S. senator with writing that "near verbatim copy" but has cited only innuendo against him.

I have cited numerous examples of major points in the Nazi Weapons Law which do not appear in any way, shape or form in GCA '68 (national weapon acquisition permit, national carry permit, restrictions on Jews, Gypsies and vagabonds, police discretion on ownership of guns, swords and knives, ban on hollowpoint .22 rimfires, etc.)

JM has responded by noting a broadly similar requirement for government licensing of firearm and munitions makers - something that is found in almost all national firearm laws! By that logic, almost every civilized nation on earth has a "near verbatim copy" of the Nazi Weapons Law! JM neglects to mention that in his example of a "near verbatim copy," the Nazi law bans Jews from making firearms or munitions.

I will not engage in name-calling from a distance, or characterizing those with whom I may disagree. For anyone who is curious about JM's character, I refer you to his last post.

Sample my new book at http://www.theweemadroad.com