June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
2 members (LeFusil, 1 invisible), 339 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,610
Posts546,963
Members14,427
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
Sidelock
Sidelock

"The jobs are coming back." Yeah, all the fast food places around here are looking for help as the turnover is terrific.Some people are only lasting a few days and then move back home when they find out they are not going to be able to have an apartment,cellphone and a few beers on Friday with a minimum wage job. The only jobs the government is good at is making a demand for "cannon fodder" for a war. Then all the hard core unemployed find out they are not accepting GED's like they once did.I have never blamed the government for the loss of jobs as we all want everything cheaper and will buy from the lowest priced manufacturer and never think about the people we are putting out of work. The textile industry is the one that I am really familiar with and they have been losing out for many years to asian workers.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Have you considered being: medical doctor, nurse, car mechanic, electrician, plumber, welder,...... Remember women like to have healthy white teeth and same for their kids therefore dentistry is very good profession. One can work three times a week and retire multi millionaire at say ripe old age of 45.

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

The highest rate of suicide by occupation is for dentists...

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Talked to some nurses last night and they said some of the doctors say they are retiring or going into something else with all the new paper work coming up.Plumbers are doing ok and car mechanics are busy too. I know people in these fields and there is work but the new laws for employers are worrisome.I have been a part time antique dealer for many years and prices have dropped on a lot of the middle and lower tier items. The very best items are still bringing record prices so that shows the rich are still doing well,at least the ones buying the big buck items.I don't deal in the high end and now is the time to buy the lower grade items as they often go for 1/2 of what they were bringing 10 years ago. I mostly deal in arts and crafts items and books.I sell gun parts,tackle and other stuff on ebay. Stuff I find at garage and estate sales.I am sorely tempted to sell off my decoys that I collected 50+ years ago as they are really doing well if in original paint.

keith Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Gnomon
Unfortunately these nutcases are poster-children for gun control crazies. But, what the hell, it's in their own words!

Hey Gnomoron, you're here almost daily trolling for votes for Obama and Biden, two of the biggest gun-control crazies to ever come along.

Do your left of center friends enjoy hanging out with liars? Have you told them about the conspiracy theory that there is a liar named Gnomoron who posts liberal lies on this site? Wait, that theory has been proven.

I know... why not tell them that you shoot and hunt and own guns and support the Second Amendment. They'll never believe that one. I sure don't.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Ted Schefelbein
I think it depends on the state, but, here in "Moneysota" you don't need to produce ID to collect welfare or general assistance.
The first of every month, the population of cars with Illinois plates swells, and then recedes in the North Minneapolis area, as Chicago residents come for their checks, and then head home.

Best,
Ted

Doug

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Jagermeister
Have you considered being: medical doctor, nurse, car mechanic, electrician, plumber, welder,...... Remember women like to have healthy white teeth and same for their kids therefore dentistry is very good profession. One can work three times a week and retire multi millionaire at say ripe old age of 45.

Probably not unless you're working for someone else and then you don't get the big money. The overhead in a dental office is very high.

Are dentists still high on the suicide list? Haven't checked in a while. I do know that retiring dentists express a generally higher satisfaction with their careers than retiring physicians. Part of that is the result of insane insurance company paperwork (fewer dentists are paid by dental insurance) and the ever-present threat of lawsuits which don't seem to plague dentistry as much.

Both dentists and physicians generally retire as HNWI but generally not as VHNWI. Unless someone is running a scam surgery mill it is unusual for them to walk away with more than 8-10M and that's at 70 yrs of age. Not 45.

Still, it's not chicken-feed.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: RHD45
"The jobs are coming back." Yeah, all the fast food places around here are looking for help as the turnover is terrific.Some people are only lasting a few days and then move back home when they find out they are not going to be able to have an apartment,cellphone and a few beers on Friday with a minimum wage job. The only jobs the government is good at is making a demand for "cannon fodder" for a war. Then all the hard core unemployed find out they are not accepting GED's like they once did.I have never blamed the government for the loss of jobs as we all want everything cheaper and will buy from the lowest priced manufacturer and never think about the people we are putting out of work. The textile industry is the one that I am really familiar with and they have been losing out for many years to asian workers.

Good post re jobs. I was talking about real jobs that do seem to be returning. A lot of white-collar and skilled blue-collar jobs are opening up. I like your point about the cannon fodder - a lot of guys aren't even good enough for that anymore so where will Romney get his his lads for all his wars that he keeps talking about? Smart educated people will not go to fight trumped-up wars.

But I think there's a whole segment of guys who will never work in a meaningful job again. Laborers aren't needed. We're getting our roof redone and they use a shingle hoist to carry shingles up - they don't even need guys for that anymore.

American corporations are doing very well. Their job is to produce profits for the shareholders and that's what they're doing. "Creating" jobs is not part of their mandate although it used to be part of the social contract that the right-wing craps on now.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The "real" unemployment rate is closer to 19% and here are 10 other economic FACTS.....

1. When one includes the underutilized labor figure with the eight million Americans who have lost hope altogether and stopped looking for a job, the real unemployment figure now stands at just under 19 percent.

2. If the labor force were the same as when The Magic Negro took office in January 2009, the unemployment rate report for last Friday would be 11.2 percent.

3. A record 88,921,000 Americans are no longer in the labor force. To be included in that figure, an individual must be over 16 years of age, a civilian, not in a mental hospital or nursing home and have stopped hunting for a job for at least four weeks.

4. The average American lost "40 PERCENT" of their wealth from 2007 to 2010.

5. Every "FIFTH" American is out of work.

6. One out of two Americans are now low income or below the poverty line.

7. Over the past four years, 400,000 food stamp recipients PER MONTH have been ADDED to the welfare dole.

8. In 2006-2007, 90 percent of college graduates landed jobs. Under the Magic Negro, just 56 percent find work after college.

9. A GALLON OF GASOLINE COST $1.84 PER GALLON WHEN THE MAGIC NEGRO TOOK OFFICE. TODAY, A GALLON OF GAS COSTS $3.77 PER GALLON.

10. Every fourth home mortgage in the United States is under water.

11. Under the Magic Negro, healthcare costs have skyrocketed 18.9 percent.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Anybody with an I.Q. over 35 can understand that this President must Go.....the sooner the better...!....

Doug

Sidelock
Sidelock

Most of those with IQs above 35 don't keep referring to the President of the United States as the Magic Negro.

But the President must have some magic power if he could have accomplished all the above in 3 1/2 years!

Now, can you explain why corporations are dong so well and dividends are so high?

And can you explain how the Romney crowd will reverse all this, presumably in the first few days after Mitt takes care of China and Russia and bombs Iran?

Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.