June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
3 members (LGF, Stanton Hillis, Ted Schefelbein), 353 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,611
Posts546,971
Members14,427
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
Sidelock
Sidelock

Doug, I seem to recall that you're the guy who complained about the southern schools.

And yes, I criticize things such as creationism but I don't trash-talk posters on this forum just because of their political beliefs. I will trash-talk crap schools, right-wing conspiracy theories but I do not make ad hominem attacks just because someone has different political beliefs.

You guys are always complaining about welfare recipients; I don't like poor schools and parents who don't care about what their kids learn.

If that's a difference in your mind, so be it.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Gnomon
Doug, I seem to recall that you're the guy who complained about the southern schools.

Gnomon, I think you have me mixed up with somebody else...check your facts....

You were orginally addressing Geo. Newbern....from Georgia....

Doug

Sidelock
Sidelock

Some of you misunderstand foreign engineering students. They dont outclass Americans. They are cheap and easy to control.

The human resource desires of corporations have been allowed to shape national education and immigration policy. CEO's want cheap skilled labor and the government delivers. It is manipulation of the labor market. Surprisingly (or not) liberals cant grasp this. When you love multiculturalism

If there really were a shortage of engineers, starting salaries would increase. Starting salaries have been long flat when adjusted for inflation.

Imagine the leverage one has as the sponsoring employer of an H1-B status foreign worker. You dont like the job? Smell you later and enjoy the flight home to Pakistan [censored].

The simple fact that politicians say we need more engineers should cause everyone to suspect we really dont.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: PA24

Gnomon, I think you have me mixed up with somebody else...check your facts....

You were orginally addressing Geo. Newbern....from Georgia....

I apologize - I didn't go back and check and relied on my crappy memory.

Sorry

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: RyanF
Some of you misunderstand foreign engineering students. They dont outclass Americans. They are cheap and easy to control.

The human resource desires of corporations have been allowed to shape national education and immigration policy. CEO's want cheap skilled labor and the government delivers. It is manipulation of the labor market. Surprisingly (or not) liberals cant grasp this. When you love multiculturalism

If there really were a shortage of engineers, starting salaries would increase. Starting salaries have been long flat when adjusted for inflation.

Imagine the leverage one has as the sponsoring employer of an H1-B status foreign worker. You dont like the job? Smell you later and enjoy the flight home to Pakistan [censored].

The simple fact that politicians say we need more engineers should cause everyone to suspect we really dont.

ryan - fascinating post. I didn't know pols were saying we needed more engineers.

"CEO's want cheap skilled labor and the government delivers. It is manipulation of the labor market. Surprisingly (or not) liberals cant grasp this. When you love multiculturalism"

I'm perfectly willing to believe this because all markets are manipulated and industry has bought the gov't. It has nothing to do with your concept of multiculturalism. The bottom line seems (to me) to be that Americans don't want to put in the really hard work to do EE at MIT or ME at CalTech.

Altho I'm not an engineer I'm on several boards and this flies contrary to what I've heard so I will specifically ask about these points.

Now let me pose this query to you: If you are correct and the gov't is keeping engineering wages down, isn't that good? Doesn't that make us more competitive?

If WalMart wages can be kept down by subsidizing their workers with food stamps and teacher pay be kept down by breaking unions, why shouldn't engineer salaries be held down by importing foreign labor?

keith Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Most of those with IQs above 35 don't keep referring to the President of the United States as the Magic Negro.

Gnomoron says above that he doesn't make ad hominum attacks. What the hell does the liar call this? It was only two days ago. Does he think we forgot?

An idiot is someone with an I.Q. of less than 25. An imbecile is someone with an I.Q. of 26-50. Through the use of sneaky wording, Gnomoron referred to someone as being either an idiot or an imbecile just because they used the same moniker that the L.A. Times used to refer to Obama. I think that's a bit meaner than me calling Gnomoron a moron (I.Q. of 51-70. Of course, that's just my generous nature coming through.

But Gnomoron uses this same technique very often here. That's just fine. What's not so fine are his pious proclamations that he doesn't engage in such nastiness. It's just more of his usual dishonesty. I really couldn't care less when he insulted me. But I don't like being lied to or lied about. His Liberal lies which are intended to drum up support for an anti-gun president are especially egregious.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

....as I read the posts on this forum almost every right-winger is constantly complaining about social injustice, poor people or Magic Negroes. I still think this is a great country and I just wonder if you have some solution to the 12% who have no marketable skills. A lot of them are 50 or so yrs old. What do you propose?

Is it possible that you aren't reading the posts, and just stereotyping. Seems to me, the longest 'discussions' are about liberal in general and the current administrations actions in particular. Try not to forget, real issues. I can see personal attacks against some folks here, but if you look back, you have very little policy, action and result criticism of Romney. But, you have personal attacks against him that mirror lib talking points, not accomplishments.

Take for instance your second sentence here. I read condescending distraction, but let's assume there's a point here. For starters 12% of....what? Fifty year old white guys who don't have high school diplomas? How about this, make the rest of the 98% of the country work and pay taxes, because it's a 'great country'.

Say a handful of those whities fend for themselves in this world, why not give the rest of them, which they are drawing anyway, entitlement welfare. Since you were able to identify the problem and pose the dilemma, why is the answer womens reproductive rights, antisemitism and more debt. See how easy it is to get off track and start bashing crazy right wingers. I don't think anyone here cares about how you tend to your preferences, can you blame them for pushing back when you want to force compliance to your values.

You shouldn't pick on that slow southern kid who has different values than you. I bet he's more likely to take care of grandpas old Parker so he can use it for squirrel season with his dad, than any of the kids at that stuffy chitown hs. Bet most of those kids are at the fancy school because their old man wants bragging rights at the country club and high end child care. Bet part of you fancy secular education is gun bashing. Start 'em young and demonize the progunners as right wing extremists. Whew, just mak'in sh...stuff up.

Sidelock
Sidelock

craig, I don't " want to force compliance to your values." I don't know where you get this stuff. Republicans keep introducing legislation regarding women's reproductive issues - that's trying to force compliance with values.

"You shouldn't pick on that slow southern kid who has different values than you. I bet he's more likely to take care of grandpas old Parker so he can use it for squirrel season with his dad, than any of the kids at that stuffy chitown hs. Bet most of those kids are at the fancy school because their old man wants bragging rights at the country club and high end child care. Bet part of you fancy secular education is gun bashing. Start 'em young and demonize the progunners as right wing extremists. Whew, just mak'in sh...stuff up."

Glad you understand you're making stuff up.

But the morning news brought some terrible info - we are under attack again in Libya and Egypt.

Time to totally isolate those countries - nobody out; none of us in. No trade (we don't need them) no banking, no nuttin.

Sidelock
Sidelock

You think Rev. wrights tUrd is going to get reelected ?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Found in the parking lot of a grocery store in Menominee, Michigan....

The 1 in 7 Americans currently on Food Stamps certainly appreciate the opportunity to dine on Lobster and Porterhouse Steak at YOUR EXPENSE......What's for dinner at your house tonight....?

Doug

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.