Quote:
"Universal registration is not likely in my mind to be a prelude to confiscation. It is more likely to lead to a list of new gun-tax payers whose identities and location are known and who will be subjected, with the well-wishing of the people, to taxes which will make gun ownership so onerous and so expensive and so unpopular as to get rid of it despite the 2nd amendment...Geoote:"

That is certainly the approach they've used on alcohol and tobacco. While I certainly don't condone smoking I find the approach used to lessen it repugnent and basically a very high tax on those who mostly can't afford it.
The liberals will continue to use some form of taxation to make firearms ownership far more expensive. Microstamping every bullet is just one example of this.
However; I firmly believe they'll wait for the next madman to help their cause along which is to ultimately eliminate the private ownership of all firearms. Univeral Registration will certainly make this job easier as has been demonstrated elsewhere.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.