Too bad, whales are such interesting creatures. I would like to hear more about them.

I was flying in an exercise off a carrier that was tactical, no electronic emissions - no nav aids. I had made an apparent miscalculation with my navigation and the carrier was not where I thought it to be. I was running out of fuel and the visibility went to hell so I got on the deck to get below the overcast to try to get a visual on the carrier. There I see a monster white whale with scars all over it. I was sure I had flown into the twilight zone. I got aboard the carrier but told no one my white whale story fearing I'd get sectioned 8 out. Years later I went on a whale watching cruise and got up the nerve to ask one of the crew what I had seen. It turns out it was not an unusual sighting at all. What I saw was a Blue whale that had rolled over on his back sunning his stomach. Their stomachs are white and they have a billows that expands to bring in food, thus the appearance of scaring. It wasn't Mobe Dick after all.