Originally Posted By: AmarilloMike
Originally Posted By: italiansxs
Additionally 64% of the Republicans polled firmly believe he was born in Kenya and that totals millions of people.

64% of 22% is 13%.

64% of 34% is 22%

My point is do you want to be right or do you want to win?

I want to win.

What is the 22% and the 34% that you are taking 64% of to end up with 13% and 22% respectively?

Maybe we wouldn't be in this mess if more folks weren't intimidated by those who ridiculed folks who wanted Universal Backround Checks to begin with Presidential candidates. A majority of voters also clearly believed that the current occupant of the White House would fullfill his promise to make job creation his top priority if re-elected. It appears that wasn't true either. The mere fact that a majority believes something or can be deceived does not make it right.

Please also note that the same hypocrites who ridicule the Obama "birthers" did not hurl the same critism or insults at those who questioned John McCain's qualifications because he was born to U.S. citizen parents on a U.S. military base in the Phillipines.

To answer the question: "Do you want to be right or do you want to win?" I'd have to answer: Both!

To want to win at all costs, even if it means being deceptive or fearing our own tongue, lowers us to the Democrats, I mean Liberals, level. The avowed anti-Second Amendment crowd want to end the private ownership of guns. Period. If we wore halos and choir robes, they would portray us as a religious cult. There is no way we can win them over. No matter how nice you are, you are still a gun owner, and you need to be controlled out of existance.

The link GLS provided above is quite interesting and I recommend clicking on it. The part I found most interesting was the paragraph about the many Democrat gunowners who feel betrayed by a party leadership that attacks their gun ownership rights while getting nothing of value in return. That's really quite strange to me... they feel betrayed, yet they do nothing to hold these anti-gun Democrat politicians accountable or get them to reverse their positions. They keep marching in lockstep and re-electing them. Maybe we wouldn't be in this mess if more of them voted with their brains instead of their hearts. Is this the Lemming gene that you spoke of Mike?

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.