Originally Posted By: boneheaddoctor
Originally Posted By: craigd
Originally Posted By: Fin2Feather
....the wannabe vigilante Zimmerman? Is he any less a thug for packing a gun and wanting to throw his weight? Stay in the car, wait for the cops. You've done your duty...

So, a stranger poking around in your yard, looking in your window is just fine as long as you do your duty and call the police. Depends what the definition of a thug is, but he sure seems like quite a bit less of a thug than Martin actually was.

I wonder if he'd grab a beer and watch if his wife or daughter was being raped by one of those thugs...because heaven forbid he violate their rights to do it.

I wouldn't sit back if I saw someone looking in my neighbors windows at night either....and neither would they if it was my house being looked into.

Wow, bonehead, I musta struck a nerve! I rated several quotes and several responses! The point, if you care to follow it, is that I don't believe Martin was poking around anyone's yard, nor was he peeking in anyone's windows. And yes, given the activity Zimmerman observed, the right thing for Zimmerman to do was to call it in and wait for the cops.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein