They are often heavy if we try to compare them to "game gun" norms. Rocketman's MOI database demonstrates they can be every bit as fast as game guns, depending on configuration. My 20s are in the 6.5-6.75# range. A friend has a 6# 6oz 16 skeet. I have killed lots of birds with 20 and 12 ga M-21 skeets. I still think they make wonderful grouse/WC guns for those able to carry them all day.

That weight thing bothers some who think it silly to carry a 20 that weighs more than a "proper" 12. They forget that a B&P 1 oz 20 does as well in the real world as loads for which the 2.5" 12 is suited. You must get past not having a "square load" - an advantage that resides mostly between the ears given modern loads.

As range guns they are very nice, durable, and fairly comfortable. I wish I owned a trap, as the ones I've tried made me look decent.

The 21 SST is good, but can act up. It is particularly sensitive to problems with bedding at the head. Tony fixed one of mine and it now works perfectly. Have a DT-ej skeet 20, too. I like it just fine.

21 ribs can loosen, as can forend lugs.

Sam