Originally Posted By: Run With The Fox
I have a 80% condition- using the Fjestad Blue Book guidelines- 1927 Meridan mfg. Parker Trojan- 12 gauge 28" barrels- so just for the hell of it- I went to my copy of the Blue Book and checked out the following: page 771 Fox Sterlingworth in 80% at $875, an Ithaca NID at $500, an L.C. Smith post-1913 Field Grade at $1200 and the Parker Trojan at $3000- Any comments? "What's in a name?" Parker Brothers, Rolls-Royce, Rolex, Steinway, Mercedes-Benz, and the list goes on!!

The blue book prices on Parker Trojans and VH grade Parkers are pretty off base I think as well. With the exception of very high condition guns. Since 98% or better guns are very rare, people will pay. But 80% condition guns or even 50% for that matter will never bring on the current market what the blue book states due to just too many being out there. Even PH or GH Damascus guns are. Dry common and hard to get anywhere blue book prices. Fluid steel is closer to blue book prices in these grades due to the fact they are less seen for sale.

B.Dudley