June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
4 members (DaveB, MattH, 2 invisible), 361 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,616
Posts547,042
Members14,428
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sidelock
Sidelock

I will grant you that network news carries a bias in favor of midstream Democratic positions. Fox News, on the other hand, goes far beyond the networks in presenting material, not to inform viewers but to upset them, to make them angry, to promote outrage. There is no rumor so patently untrue that it won't be given coverage. Fox News doesn't tell it's audience what to think; it tells them not to think at all, simply to feel the outrage of current events and be shocked. PBS News Hour is the single best television news source. It covers stories the networks don't have time for; it covers stories in some depth; it makes an effort to present two sides of an issue. We live in a complicated world. People who can't see at least two sides to every issue are doomed to be disappointed and frustrated, even more than those who do. Bitterness and outrage are sometimes unavoidable, but as a world view don't permit much of a grasp of events. To scapgoat the party of a majority of American citizens is simply evidence of brainwashing. I know no Democrat who reflexively demonizes all Republicans

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

A claim we hear often in this forum is that Democrats win elections through "massive voter fraud". How could they be doing that when the courts find no evidence of it and strike down voter ID legislation? If Obama and the Democrats were crooked and clever enough to do 1% of the crimes they've been accused of here, the Republicans would never win a single race. They did well this last time around. Could that have been the result of massive voter fraud? Curious minds would like to know.

Bill Ferguson
James M Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

FOX News: I watch O'Reilly many evenings and I'm awaiting YOUR specifics of what's "untrue" that he has reported. If you pull a typical King Brown gambit here and ignore this or try to change the subject we'll understand as by doing so it's tacit admittance we're right.
Additionally if it hadn't been for the efforts of Greta Van Susteren another Fox reporter and others that poor Marine who just made a mistake would still be rotting in a Mexican jail. The Libtard occupying the White House didn't lift a finger to come to his aid. And the "mainstream news media hardly reported on it!
The"mainstream news media" has attempted to sweep everyhing rotten this administration is guilty of under the rug from Fast & Furious to Benghazi, to the The IRS scandal to bugging the Fox reporters to the VA fiasco and the list goes on.
And that's fair and balanced reporting? If your a Libtard; FOX news is the prime reason they wern't successful in hiding these criminal acts and the reason FOX is vilified by Obama and his Libtard minions.
Again, I and I'm sure others, await your SPECIFIC FACTS showing FOX News lying about what's really happening in the world today
Jim

Last edited by italiansxs; 11/10/14 04:31 PM.

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Bill,

Virtually all Democrats "reflexively demonize Republicans". Take your own last few posts. Denial, Dismissal and Demonization, all according to sociopathic statist religious doctrine. That's the problem with religious fundamentalists like you, anti-intellectual reasoning. You reacted emotionally instead of intellectually. You have to actually provide facts if you want to be taken seriously. You have yet to understand the actual philosophy behind your beliefs.

Last edited by Ken61; 11/10/14 04:09 PM.

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ken, I'm satisfied by the evidence I've seen that Obama was born in Hawaii and not in Kenya. If you have incontrovertible evidence that I'm wrong about this, I'll entertain some more of your basic views.And what about massive voter fraud? If the courts can't find it, why should anyone give it a moment's concern?

Last edited by rocky mtn bill; 11/10/14 05:13 PM. Reason: addition

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

I don't recall the "Birther" issue being Republican policy. Since it was started by Hillary Clinton, the democrats have morphed it into an issue to demonize republicans. You have to differentiate between actual policy and mythology used by the democrats. I've stated my views since I've got experience with the system, but it's not a big deal to me. There are too many inconsistencies in Obama's background. Doesn't it bother you that there's obviously a cover-up going on?

Obviously, if voter fraud isn't pervasive, then you have no problem with showing an I.D. It clearly exists, but it certainly wasn't widespread enough to alter the last election. Except perhaps in Virginia, as it was close. It was enough to put Al Franken in the Senate, he cornered the "felon vote". That was Coleman's big failing, he should have demanded a Special Election.

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.
James M Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Again, I and I'm sure others, await your SPECIFIC FACTS showing FOX News lying about what's really happening in the world today
Jim

Last edited by italiansxs; 11/10/14 06:26 PM.

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Jim, if you Google Fox News retractions, you'll find a Media Matters site that lists eleven major stories they got dead wrong, several of them critical of Obama, and some of them I've seen presented here as matters of fact. I truly believe it isn't a matter of intentionally misrepresenting simple facts. They get things wrong because news isn't their real focus. They present entertainment disguised as news, the most obvious example being Rupert Murdoch's British tabloids that stole people's cell phone messages. Murdoch had no apparent interest in news. He wants a profitable operation, whatever it takes.

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

That Media Matters list is for Fox and Friends, the morning feelgood program. Furthermore Media Matters is a Soros funded organization that does nothing but monitor conservative programs. If that is the best they can come up with, it is not much.

Jim H.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Oh Bill, is that the best you can do? Have you ever searched MSNBC retractions? Fox & Friends is hardly a "Hard News" program, and is as much entertainment as it is news.

Sure they've made mistakes, they can be sloppy. It's funny that you're using those few examples to dismiss an entire channel that disagrees with your beliefs. If you'll notice, very few of those stories had anything to do with either policy or ideology, which are the real issues.

Media Matters has really only one function. To support the democrats by denial, dismissal, and demonization.

Here's a few MSNBC hoots..

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/randy-hall/...-doesnt-acknowl

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/09/...ting-reporting/

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/rachel-maddow-falls-for-then-retracts-a-gary-johnson-related-hoax/

http://www.theglobalconversation.com/blog/?p=8125

Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.