Originally Posted By: craigd
Originally Posted By: King Brown
....liberalism is so dominant in our culture that it's nigh on hopeless to anticipate turning it back? I agree with him totally.

James and I think of liberal within the context of modern societies. The United States is a rare exception because a peculiar political polarization has created a new nomenclature as evidenced here in daily Misfires: all liberals are inherently evil, only GOP and Tea Party conservatives can serve the country....

Rare exception? There seems to be an eager willingness to demonize anyone one with a bit of a right leaning position. You don't suppose the left, as a stereotype, has anything at all to do with polarization.

In modern societies, those that rigidly follow sharia law may be the most rapidly proliferating 'culture'. Do you consider them brothers and sisters of the inevitable liberal takeover.

I just have to add to this that I don't think the polarization and demonization is the exclusive domain of the right. This just happens to be a forum that is more likely to be populated by those on the right. King, read the on line comments in the Globe daily, find any on line forum that attracts "progressives" and be ready for the hate filled speech demonization of the right. No side is free from it. And frankly, it's my opinion that the modern day level of this stuff was pioneered by the left. By the attacks on personal appearances and mannerisms rather than policies.

Jeez, one more post and I cross the 2000 threshold. Lol

Last edited by canvasback; 12/14/14 09:53 AM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia