Originally Posted By: SKB
....A moderate like Ryan can actually get the votes required to pass legislation, something the fringe will never accomplish. I would like to see a functioning GOP held house in the future....

Dems say, 'elections matter, I win you loose' and the 'only enemies I have are the R's'. Radical left wingers or mainstream roll up your sleeves and work for Americans dem pres and dem pres wanna be?

Why keep hammering the same old line that it's the radical right wing conspiracy killing this nation, liberties taken because it's the left thing to do. The Republican House has sent a bunch of legislation over to the Republican Senate. Keep in mind that's an over ride protective dem senate that's waging the dog to pave the way for the intolerant president.

Ryan has been reluctant because he craves the political resume builder, but knows exactly how effective he'll be and better yet, for the dems, how he'll be stigmatized. Ole John was the ultimate moderate, could flip on the waterworks at will, but it wasn't enough.

What's time going to tell us, that bhusein sits down, negotiates, and extends an honest handshake. I doubt you'll like it, but Congress will magically start to function again if anyone but a dem becomes pres. Then, like clockwork, the entire left wing of the country will enjoy the support of 'moderate' r's in bashing and demonizing the work getting done by the radicals.