Craig, we have enough problems to deal with already without guessing at potential problems. In general, Muslims in this country have assimilated much better than they have in Europe. (Not to mention the fact that we don't have nearly as many of them, in terms of %, as do many European countries.) My hometown--Waterloo, Iowa--got a pretty fair influx of Bosnian immigrants some time ago. It's very seldom that you hear a complaint about them. One of them--arrived as a 10 year old war refugee--was elected to the Iowa Legislature at age 23. Female, no hijab in the photos I've seen of her.

What I try to avoid doing is lumping all members of religions, ethnic groups etc together. One of my mentors in Military Intelligence was COL Phillip Freund. Phil, as a young Jewish refugee from Germany back in the 1930's, was refused entry into this country (along with his mother) because they were Germans. They were on the ocean liner St. Louis . . . the infamous "voyage of the damned". They were lucky enough to disembark in Great Britain and eventually got here, sponsored by a relative. But most of those German Jews ended up in either Belgium or the Netherlands, and very shortly thereafter--after the Germans marched in--found themselves in the camps. Where hundreds were executed. All because we decided to keep Germans out of this country. That's one side of the story concerning Jews. But here's another side: Do the names Julius and Ethel Rosenberg and David Greenglass mean anything to you? They were key players in the Soviet spy ring that penetrated the Manhattan Project. American Jews, but Communists who betrayed their country. When Julius and Ethel went to the electric chair, I'm sure COL Freund would have been happy to throw the switch. The point being that there are good and bad of all religions, all ethnic groups, etc.