Ken, Just for historical context, Peugeot guns were not made by the car company but rather by Peugeot bicycles. Here is a post from a French board with my translation and a Peugeot gun:

Jeudi 2 juin 2011 à 21:10
Alors....Le fusil PEUGEOT n'a rien a voir avec les voitures.

Well, the PEUGEOT gun doesn't have anything to do with the car company.

Fabriquer a partir des années 30,pendant une trentaine d'années parciellement par une entreprise de haute loire(je crois)
It was made beginning in the 30's for some 30 years partly by a company in the Haute Loire (I think) (note: Upper Loire - i.e. near St. Chamond) (I

Cette entreprise a produit aussi des superposés et des mono canon et quelques armes de point,notament du 6,35.
This company also made over/under and single barrel guns and pistols - particularly of caliber 6.35mm

La cote du jour pour un 12 en parfait état: +/-600€.....pour un 16 meme état,enlever 25%.....
Today the cost for a 12 gauge in perfect condition is +- 600 Euros. For a 16 gauge in the same state, raise it by 25%.

C'est de la fabrication classique et de bonne qualité mécanique.
This is a classic make and of good machanical quality.

Peugeot's for sale in France on this site:
http://www.naturabuy.fr/Fusils-Juxtaposes-Peugeot-critere-52898.html

Here is info from another site:

Les armes Peugeot étaient fabriquées à Saint-Etienne (France) par la "Manufactures d'Armes" de la société "Cycles Peugeot S.A.", devenue par la suite filiale du groupe Peugeot sous le nom de "Société de Construction Mécanique Peugeot Loire".
Peugeot guns were made in St. Etienne by the "Arms Manufactures" of the company "Cycles Peugeot Inc", a branch of the group "Peugeot" under the name "Group for Mechanical Construction Peugeot Loire."

Cette région avait été choisie pour sa main d'oeuvre hautement qualifiée, Saint-Etienne étant le centre de la fabrication des armes en France.
This region was chosen because of its high quality handiwork. Saint-Etienne was the center for arms manufacturing in France.

La production commença dans le milieu des années 20 et dans le catalogue de 1930 on pouvait déjà trouver 4 modèles de fusil de chasse à deux canons juxtaposés et 2 modèles à deux canons superposés, ainsi que 2 pistolets automatiques.
Production began in the middle of the 1920's and in the 1930 catalog there were already four models of double barrel shotguns and two of over/under as well as two automatic pistols.

La qualité de ces armes à feu et leur niveau de sécurité donna rapidement une bonne réputation à Peugeot.
The Quality of these fire arms and their safety rapidly gave them a good a good reputation.

En 1936 la gamme était composée de 21 fusils de chasse et de 5 carabines.
In 1936 the offerings included 21 shotguns and 5 carbines.

La deuxième guerre mondiale interrompit cette activité et les difficultés du redémarrage industriel en 1945 mirent fin à cette branche industrielle.
WWII interrupted their activities and the difficulties of reconstruction in 1945 put an end to this industrial branch.

Last edited by Argo44; 05/13/17 12:48 AM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch