I lived and worked in a Muslim country for a couple years. My wife worked in the US Embassy with me; my daughter was raised by a Muslim woman. (Had you not known she was a Muslim, she might well have been identified by her behavior as "a good Christian woman" in many parts of this country.) So I may have a somewhat different view of Muslims in general than some folks who have had less contact with them.

We demonized the Germans and the Japanese during WWII, but we were at war with Germany and Japan. We are not at war with the entire Muslim world. Big difference. We are at war with radical Islamism. Everyone says "the Koran says they should kill us". That is NOT one of the pillars of the faith. And if you look at what's happening in Iraq (and elsewhere in the Muslim world), you have Muslims killing Muslims--which is forbidden in the Koran. So what we're dealing with is a perversion of their religion. (We've seen it in Christianity as well, just not recently nor on as large a scale. But the Klan is a perversion of Christianity, and Christians did a great job of slaughtering other Christians--told by their Christian leaders to do so--during the wars of religion in Europe, right after the Reformation.)

You might want to take a look at what Musharraf has done recently in Pakistan if you don't think any Muslims are standing up to the radicals. Note that in Iraq, the tribal leaders in Anbar haved turned against Al Qaeda. There have been attacks by AQ or its affiliates in countries like Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Jordan, and Morocco--against other Muslims. We should consider ourselves lucky that the idiot Islamists continue to shoot themselves in the foot by attacking their own people as well as us.

But the most important point to remember is . . . Parkers are better shotguns than the stuff made in Turkey, which means the Parker guys can defend themselves quite well.

Last edited by L. Brown; 07/18/07 07:30 AM.