August is the month for re-daubing the 5-gal. drywall buckets with camo paint for use in the dove fields and making sure the hardware on the rail skiffs is solid and well-anchored. In a fit of efficiency I fled the 90+ degree heat outside over the weekend and attacked my gunroom for the Phase I cleanup. Wound up throwing hundreds of cardboard shell boxes away I know I'll never use because the only thing I reload any more is 28 ga. With the price of 12- and 20-ga. promotional ammo at the end-of-summer clearance/pre-dove season sales approaching less than $2.50 a box it makes no sense whatever to reload these gauges any more. So far as global bans on lead shot I think it ain't gonna happen - as long as Rem, Win, Wally World, Bass Pro, Cabelas and the other mega-makers can offer this fodder at those prices, they know the locals will be lined up 20-deep when the doors open. Its the same old shell game (pun intended) as with the global oil market - squeeze us at the pump till they realize we just don't give a damn and will keep driving anywhere we want. At a small gunshop in DE over the weekend I looked out over at least a 7-mile backup of traffic approaching the DE Memorial Bridge. The wife remarked that the SUV's and their ilk outnumbered the economy passenger cars over 2 to 1. Damn the commodity market; we will drive and shoot till we drop. KBM