Thanks, guys. I'll talk to some gunsmiths about a .30-30 AI reaming for it. Hopefully then the throat erosion and over-sized neck won't be too big a deal. I have a 1917 Enfield with a pretty awful throat that still shoots fine, so eh... With a down-loaded .30-30, I'll be shooting deer within 100 yards, which doesn't require a target rifle I suppose, heh.

The cases don't stick so badly that I have to pound them out with a rod, but I do have to break the gun open over my knee. I fear that I'll end up breaking something if I keep doing that.

Maybe even if a .30-30 AI reamer doesn't remove ALL of that ring in there, it will remove enough that the cases won't stick nearly as bad, and they'll be undamaged enough to reuse. I'm afraid to try to reuse what comes out of it right now. I'm afraid I'll end up needing a broken case extractor if I do.......

Once I get everything fixed and working right, I am planning to get a set of the Briley ultralight 20ga liners installed in it, too. There's one little place where one of the thin ribs between the rifle and one of the shotgun barrels is slightly separated. I think it's just where there was a dent that was pounded out at some point, and as far as I can tell the barrel isn't split or ringed there, but I'll feel better about shooting it more often once those liners are in there. 20ga is plenty for most of what I hunt anyway.

Hopefully that, and some down-loaded .30-30 AI, will keep the old girl happy until I croak and it gets sold at my estate auction, heh.