Originally Posted By: Ryman Gun Dog
Ted S,

The real reason many Gun Smiths do not work on L.C. Smith double guns, is they are not talented or experienced enough to do the work correctly, and there is no engineering design problem with any L.C. Smith shotgun. Your opinion is definitely wrong. I do not worship at any other alter than the Lords. I recommend you watch the Double Gun Videos The L.C. Smith Shot Gun with Master Gun Maker Nick Makinson and learn about America's best Sidelock double gun.

Freddie Brunner still works on certain people's double guns. I doubt he works on yours however.

Ryman Gun Dog
L.C. Smith Man

Beans, Again, for review:

http://vicknairgunsmithing.blogspot.com/2016/01/an-unbiased-look-at-design-of-american.html

The gunsmiths that I am referring to have all made a good living by being excellent gunsmiths, and have thrown in the towel on the Smith guns.

Guys like Dewey. Go ahead, and regale us with your tales of how Dewey isnt talented enough or experienced enough to work on an L C Smith.

Go ahead. Wed all love to hear that one, again.

Fortunately, I can handle most of my own gunsmithing, Beans. The stuff I send out has gone to Kirk Merrington, Geoffrey Gournet, Randy Murray, and the checkering lady, Carol, at Ahlmans Custom Guns in Morristown, MN.

I dont believe any of the above will stand in line to work on a Smith. Randy made a lot of money for a lot of years putting wood on, and doing repairs on LC Smiths. Dewey did, also. Not so much, anymore. By choice, Beans.

It is a long way from not experienced enough to Im sick of fixing this junk, and wont do it anymore.

There are others, as well. None of them are amateurs, Beans. Despite what you imply.

Best,
Ted