Add me to the list that never got to own his first shotgun. My Daddy owned a huge country store on my Grandad's farm here. He was very confined by it and didn't get to hunt much, as the store hours were something like 7 am until 8 pm, 6 days/week. Sunday was church day and Sunday hunting was forbidden in my household back then. We had a neighboring landowner who had made a lot of money in the cookie business, Murray Cookies, and was a great friend to us. When I was eight yrs. old he took me down to his house one day and gave me a J C Higgins .410 S x S, with Tenite stock and f/end. Killed my first doves, quail, rabbits and squirrels (and one owl) with that little gun. I shot it for several years and he took it back and gave me a 20 ga. M11 Remington. When I turned 16 Daddy gave me a new 1100 Rem. 12 ga., and the M11 went back to Mr. Murray, too.

The little .410 is now in the possession of one of Mr. Murray's grandsons. I thought, awhile back, I wanted to buy one like it ..................... until I saw what they were/are selling for. Yikes!! No, thank you.

SRH

Last edited by Stan; 01/02/19 11:49 AM.

May God bless America and those who defend her.