Since this line has sort of become a forum on Reilly Pigeon guns, let me post two more extant Reilly's guns in this genre from the same 1881-1882 time period for the record:

=============================================================
23574 - this one has 2 3/4" chambers, 30" barrels, 8 lbs. Twin barrel set with Briley chokes. The ad and photos have been removed from the link so I don't know what it sold for. I'd date it to very late 1881.

http://www.vintageguns.co.uk/category/guns/page/13/

A beautiful bar-in-wood side-lever 12-bore hammer pigeon gun with two sets of barrels, third bite and scroll engraving. Cased in leather. This was used as his go-to game gun when Cyril Adams visited the UK for many years.It has been fully restored in England by the best gunmakers and is proofed for modern 2 3/4 inch shells. We guarantee it for 12-months

Details
Maker
Stock Number CA56
Type Hammer Guns, Live Pigeon Guns
Gauge 12
Weight 8lbs
Stock
Grip Straight Hand
Length to centre 15 1/4"
Length to heel 15 1/4"
Length to toe 15 1/2"
Forend
Catch Hackett Snap
Ejectors None
Barrels
Type Steel
Length 30" both sets
Rib Flat, pigeon type
Chambers 2 3/4" both
Choke Right: Set 1: 3/4 Set 2: Briley
Left: Set 1: Full Set 2: Briley
Serial Number 23574

=============================================================
24354 - This one has the 31" Whitworth steel barrels. The weight and chambering is not mentioned: I'll ask Terry Buffum if he recalls the data. I'd date it to late summer-early Fall 1882.

Low estimate
1 700 GBP
http://www.amoskeagauction.com/108/295.html

Description: serial #24354, 12 ga, 31" matted rib barrels choked improved cylinder and modified with bright near excellent bores having just a few light pits. The barrels are an overall mottled brown patina having remains of some light blue with scattered light pinprick pitting present. The breech ends display a very light geometric engraving and the left barrel is stamped "E.M. REILLY & CO 315 OXFORD STREET LONDON" and the left barrel is stamped "& RUE SCRIBE PARIS COMPRESSED STEEL". The frame and locks display a bright pewter patina and are embellished in a wonderful foliate scroll engraving having about 90% coverage. The graceful re-curving hammers have finely checkered scroll spurs and are embellished in a lovely foliate scroll engraving. The engraved side clip fences are also engraved having nice geometric borders. The checkered Turkish walnut straight grip buttstock rates excellent as refinished long ago displaying a few light handling marks and a repaired crack emanating from each lock to the upper tang, the buttstock has somewhat worn dropper points and an engraved gold monogram plate with the initials "LW". The length of pull to the well executed checkered butt is 13 3/4" with drops of 1 3/4" and 3" with 1/4" cast. The checkered Turkish walnut splinter forend rates excellent displaying a few light handling marks and having engraved forend iron and metal forend tip. This shotgun features double triggers and extractors. This is a absolute lovely E.M. Reilly double hammer shotgun. (177147-137) {ANTIQUE} [Terry Buffum Collection]

Last edited by Argo44; 01/09/19 09:52 AM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch