Many Thanks for all the well wishes. jOe, are you OK? Expected the usual.

I got to shoot the BSS about three rounds of skeet before I noticed I couldnt see with my left (shooting) eye. I am also cross eye dominant, and this will perhaps be the straw that breaks the camels back, and forces me to shoot from the right shoulder.

Mr. Cash, you have pointed out something that was a pleasant surprise. The wood is far better than typical BSS on this copy. Geo said he sent me the nicer of the two he owned, and I have no reason to doubt him. That said, this copy, with 26 barrels weights just a touch under 6 1/2 lbs. My 20 gauge Prandelli & Gasperini weighs a bit more.

I shoot 26 tubes just fine, in fact, prefer them for upland, and 28s are the bomb for clays in my world. The BSS sidelock is one of those guns that hits all the right notes, chopper lump barrels, intercepting sears, 2 2/4 chambers, and new enough to be unconcerned with its feeding. To be sure, it has only seen 1 oz loads, but, I dont worry about that, and if I need a load from Pamida, I can use it in a pinch. Nice.

Happy New Year to all you guys.

Best,
Ted