Stan- the late Nash Buckingham could not have said it better- I think of how he prevailed in the duck hunting seasons with his cataract surgery, late in life-- I have been an ardent waterfowler for 65 years hand runnin'-- except a few seasons I missed due to my commitment to Uncle Sam of course-- and it's all about the sound and the other senses that calls us back, season after season--

All my old hunting partners are now gone from this earth-- and many 4 legged companions as well- But no morning with the sun opening up through the clouds in the Eastern horizon, the whisper of wings, the chatter of mallards, and the honking of geese, will also call me for as long as I can get out. At age 77, I still have 20/15 distance vision, possibly as Gen. Chuck Yeager does, and he is a tad over my age-- A gift from the good Lord-and I hope that you continue to have good health and vision for the years yet to come--

A world without shotguns-- as Gene Hill once wrote- for a title to a story- No marshes and leaky waders, no strings of calls, spilled boxes of shells on the blind floor- no early morning hearty breakfasts with strong black coffee at the Tunica café- no Labradors tangling in the decoys while you watch from your layout boat on Saginaw Bay- Well, you get my drift-- RWTF

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..