Thanks for the feedback

reporting progress

Ok I am doing this project for a learning experience. Up to this point I probably have a $2,000.00 Lefever nitro special 12 gauge, considering the time I have into it so far. Did the factories spend this much time fitting up these guns or am I going to have a North Florida Best Grade Lefever when done?

I took the forearm metal off and took the hanger catch and spring off. I put the metal back on and noticed the stem of the metal needed to move over just a bit to get the hole over the hanger. The direction it needed to move would be toward the left barrel barrel which is the barrel showing a smidgeon of light when the FA metal is attached.

Zip......Light bulb turns on over the head.

I did the following:

Smoked the FA metal in the round and reattached and worked the action and sure enough there is good contact on the side of the left barrel and no contact on the side of the right.

I polished inside the left side of the round keeping pressure on the left and nothing on the right until metal drops down with even touch between the sides of the FA metal slot and the sides of the barrel hanger.

I worked the barrel flats down a fart skin.

Results:

Action definitely opens and closes smoother. With spring loaded and forearm metal reattached, no light on either side even with top lever not engaged.

This gun will not get shot much but I will get it re-assembled and shoot a box of shells and see what happens and report back.

Thanks again