Der Ami;
I may have confused you some in speaking of two different guns. The 16 gauge drilling barrels have 65 mm chamber lengths. There is no makers name on the Drilling. The 172.28 gauge bore diameter converts to 0.300", which seems a bit small for an 8 mm. My understanding though is this was checked by a series of plug gauges in.010" increments. Next step up would be 156.14 gauge or 0.310". The bore currently measures 0.309" with a groove diameter of 0.321".
The load of Shultz on the shot barrels converts to a 2¼dram-1oz load which is lighter than normal. This gun was brought from Germany by a WWII Veteran.

The Sauer & Son/VL&D 12 gauge double is the one with 70mm (2 3/4") chambers. The 70 is stamped on the extractor face & actual measurement of the chambers show that to be correct. This gun is in good overall condition, with a couple of exceptions. It had a leather-covered cheek piece in the stock covering what appears to be cork which was set in a pocket cut into the stock. The leather is dried out & has rips in it. The entire forend, wood & iron is missing. I could repair the stock but this is of no benefit until I find a forend.

I also have a hammer drilling made by Miller & Val Greiss in 16-16-9.3x72R. It is dated from 1913 & has all proper proof per the 1912 rules. It does have one rather poorly made replacement, the left one, fortunately, so does not affect the trigger which switches from shot to rifle barrel.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra