Bailey;

Your work and design are excellent and it is most generous of you to share your work process and your techniques. Such generosity is not often encountered among the trade. I remember Jack Rowe telling me that even when he was a teen age apprentice in the late 1940's in the gun trade in Birmingham, that when he would be delivering or picking up parts from the various gunmakers shops that many of the gunmakers would place an apron over any work that they were doing when he walked into their shop so he could not see how they were performing their tasks. When I first visited some of the gun trade in Birmingham 20 years ago they were more open about their work, but there was still much protection of their knowledge--which is quite understandable especially with such skills learned in color case hardening and barrel blacking.

I think that it is poetic that you happen to live in the town named after the Greek goddess of hunting. I still miss living in Texas it was the best place I ever lived in my career. Even my wife loved it as well.

I was viewing your photo of milling the threads for the barrel insertion into the action; do you happen to use one of the German Decker style milling machines?

Kindest Regards
Stephen