Some Röchling info......

>>Anyway, I'm inclined to think that the R in the R�chling Spezial Stahl R7L just might be for Rodenhauser. Hermann R�chling & Wilhem Rodenhauser teamed up in 1905 I believe it was & it may be their 1st alloy developed between 1907-1916? Their furnace, R�chling-Rodenhauser-Induktions-Ofens, was online by 1908. Roechling had a large influence at Mousson in the French province of Lorraine by establishing a monopoly. Apparently in 1914 in constructing their own steel mill the Carlsh�tte they were utilizing components, tools & machinery from the French-Lorraine area and after WWI that was frowned upon by the powers that be and in 1918 one of the R�chling fellas(probably Hermann & maybe a brother Robert) was convicted of disassembly of a French multiple smelter and the demerit was 10 years, fine of 10 million Francs and a banishment of 15 years from Saarland. Looks as if Robert spent some time there as Hermann was elusive and escaped to Heidelberg.<<

https://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=321008&page=2

I was looking towards Krieghoff serial numbers and they seem to fall behind a bit from the Dalys. Kreighoff was somewhat military production, so if Krieghoff is to be considered, I wonder if the Sempert & Kriehgoff arm of H. Krieghoff is to blame for Sporting Weapons production??

Serbus,

Raimey
rse