Sidelock
Sidelock

Global warming, global cooling, blah, blah, blah:

https://realclimatescience.com/#gsc.tab=0

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

My birth state of Maryland has transformed into a liberal haven which I can not stand. For years we said the Baltimore area ran the state but now it is more the Baltimore-DC area with them spilling over into Virginia and West Virginia to start their becoming more progressive while turning their backs on their history and their entire way of life. But I also admit I am getting older and less tolerant of stupid people, who know they are superior to all others. Maybe we just need to pass a law if you take student loan forgiveness you can not vote for any elections above county level for 20 years. You do not pay your loans or your share you do not get to vote to change things until you pay your bills or get time out.[/quote]

Sidelock
Sidelock

Re Maryland (and Virginia, and even WV and the impact of DC) Back in the late 60's-early 70's I was living and working in northern Virginia, there were a lot of people making very long daily commutes to work in metro DC but to live somewhere else. I played on a CIA softball team (we had our own diamonds on the grounds, although they were sometimes occupied by the Bobby Kennedy clan from across the road) with a couple guys who commuted daily from Harpers Ferry WV. Whenever I could manage it, my weekend get away was to drive down to Fredericksburg, and fish the Rappahannock for smallmouths and panfish further upstream. Seemed like an entirely different world. I expect that by now, there are a lot of people making the daily commute from down there. And I'm sure there are a lot more houses upstream from Fredericksburg, which was very rural back then. But coming from Iowa, I needed a shot of something "normal" on occasion.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Ted Schefelbein

Best,
Ted

More global warming, globe blather, blah, blah, blah

https://www.axios.com/2024/02/09/climate-scientist-michael-mann-defamation-lawsuit-win

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

Lloyd,

Yes CO is not what it use to be. I could never live in Denver or the surrounding areas because it is a big city. CO Springs is getting too big and crowded. However, where are you going to move? SD, MT, or another state?

Ken

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by BrentD, Prof

Best,
Ted

More global warming, globe blather, blah, blah, blah

https://www.axios.com/2024/02/09/climate-scientist-michael-mann-defamation-lawsuit-win

A $1 in compensatory damages, and the rest will certainly be appealed. Great to see you agree with comics being stifled.

Mann was the one who flailed his arms about the poles being ice free by 2015, right?

Stick this in your agenda:

https://co2coalition.org/media/clim...ives-involving-global-warming-geologist/

Best,
Ted

1 member likes this: keith
Sidelock
Sidelock

Best,
Ted

I’ve been hearing the same crap from the same kind of fanatics for 50 years. Our computer models say this our computer models say that. It hasn’t happened and we’re still here, but some people still buy it religiously.

Global cooling , global warming. Blah blah blah. I read an article once explaining that the planet has always gone through climate change. I thought don’t let the climate fanatics read this. They’ll change it to climate change so anything and everything that happens will be covered. Well, I’ll be @&$:ed. Here we are

On a local note. A few years back Lake Michigan was at all time lows and would continue to go down. The fanatics said that Great Lakes shipping was done and Milwaukee would run out of water because their intake would be high and dry. Several years later the lake was at all time highs. Any acknowledgment of how wrong they were , nope. If the sea levels were going to rise like there computer models predict , there isn’t a lender around that would give mortgages for water front property but lo and behold they still do and the same people pushing climate change are buying water front property. That’s all you need to know

Last edited by ksauers1; 02/18/24 11:32 AM.
3 members like this: John Roberts, keith, Ted Schefelbein
SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by KDGJ
Lloyd,

Yes CO is not what it use to be. I could never live in Denver or the surrounding areas because it is a big city. CO Springs is getting too big and crowded. However, where are you going to move? SD, MT, or another state?

Ken

I have considered both but will likely just try to spend as much of the fall on the high plains each year in the fall as I can. It is all up to me really. I have been scaling back at work in an effort to spend more time afield, last year I had way too much going on and my time in the Dakotas was brief(I did make it Africa for the first time last year though). A new puppy in the planning stages and hitting the road more often will be my game plan.

And yes CO has changed, more people, more congestion, etc. I still have plenty of hidden gem spots close to my house where I rarely encounter anyone though. We still have lots of public land and tags are pretty reasonable for Residents. It could certainly be worse that is for sure.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by L. Brown
....Maybe we just need to pass a law if you take student loan forgiveness you can not vote for any elections above county level for 20 years. You do not pay your loans or your share you do not get to vote to change things until you pay your bills or get time out.
[/quote]
Don't utter the obvious, to our academic types, that they are not turning US citizens. Sort of a reverse robinhood syndrome, take from the poor, and the ivory tower is motivated that they stay thay way.

1 member likes this: Ted Schefelbein
Sidelock
Sidelock

There was a time when only land owning gentry had the right to vote. They were the ones who had skin in the game.

From where we stand today, I get it.

Best,
Ted

1 member likes this: keith
Page 2 of 16 1 2 3 4 15 16

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.