June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
2 members (Jtplumb, Edm1), 393 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,574
Posts546,488
Members14,424
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 15 16
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by craigd
Originally Posted by Jimmy W
Of course there is no global warming. I guess everybody missed the news last week that January was the hottest month ever on our planet making it 12 months in a row of the hottest months ever since the 1850s when the industrial revolution began....😄
Priceless Jimmy, make fun of those around you, who actually care about the world around them, and commit your future to victim whiners, and violent felon substance abusers. You know what gets funded first, right Jimmy, "medical" treaments for criminals and keeping wife and chid abusers, laying in front of the tv. Don't delete your gems, they could be used as a detailed lesson plan to get three fourths of our high schoolers graduated. We need 'em hitting those "higher" education student loans, huh Jimmy, to become baristas with attitude and such.
I missed this. What has this got to do with my statement about global warming? Who did you think I was making fun of? LOL.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ted, I would have to say the Biden administration built the withdrawal from Afghanistan.
The people in our military and intelligence forces that misread/misinterpreted how badly we were being played, bear some responsibility for the after math,
But on the whole, the current president delivered what the people wanted.

Out there doing it best I can.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by ClapperZapper
I have a non-combative curiosity about the topic. Question is really for Craigd....

....If a large national, or even worldwide project has a champion at the highest level within our government, and they participate in the birthing of , a great big thing. Could have been NASA, the Internet, the highway system, nuclear bombs, whatever, is it OK for the person who pushed for that to say they built it? Even if they never touched a shovel?
Does pushing the funding required (essential for it to happen at all, whether we agree on the merits or not) allow the sponsor to say they built anything?
You have mentioned that you may be a key developer, project manager of significant automotive projects? What if an engineer under you, came to a meeting and started beating around the bush, and made all manner of justifications for something that stretches the truth a bit. Wouldn't you just say, that person was wasting meeting time, come back to the next meeting, get to the point, and there better be a point?

We, I hope, can agree that algore may not have been the brains and purse strings behind the shovel, but he was certainly a politician? From my point of view, it's interesting how loyal some are, and it really seems to be nibbling at hypocrisies, rather than civil discussion that pushes some to double down? Biggov has built many things, maybe they did build the climate narrative? Does Jimmy know what politicians do, or is there some blind faith?

My question remains the same as it's always been, where is the "we" part in building anything, or more particularly, the custom clays gun, that's a micro niche part of bigger anti2a agendas, which I choose to recognize goes hand in hand with all other social agendas? If someone shares, of their own free will that they vote, don't we know that their algores, will gladly fund and take credit for taking fine wood and rust blued guns away?

Sidelock
Sidelock

....But on the whole, the current president delivered what the people wanted.
Do we have a foreign policy?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Jimmy W
....I missed this. What has this got to do with my statement about global warming? Who did you think I was making fun of? LOL.
Lol Jimmy, lol.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by craigd
....But on the whole, the current president delivered what the people wanted.
Do we have a foreign policy?

Where ya been craig?

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ted, I would have to say the Biden administration built the withdrawal from Afghanistan.
The people in our military and intelligence forces that misread/misinterpreted how badly we were being played, bear some responsibility for the after math,
But on the whole, the current president delivered what the people wanted.

See, that is where we are going to diverge a bit. I ‘sorta feel that if the people had known the Chinese were going to inherit Bagram air base, put $82 billion in current weapon systems in the hands of terrorists, along with several pallets of cash, and documentation and instructions for anything and everything to do with US forward control, a bunch of us would have preferred the potato-in-chief see to it the withdrawal was more orderly, and that family of 12, I think it was, who were only guilty of being blood to a former translator, weren’t splattered all over their neighborhood for the world to see. Oh yea, a two day carpet bombing of the facility might have kept some of those weapons systems out of the western hemisphere, seems the cartels made some good offers on some of the stuff and it is turning up surprisingly close to home.

On whole, Biden has denied anything went wrong, and was in a hurry to get out of watching the 13 dead Americans coming home to their country.

Yea, not so much what I wanted Greg.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Not to put too fine a point on it, but my training and experience always makes me acknowledge the excellent craftsmen and women that helped me to achieve an important outcome. People don’t thank others enough.
So while I might say I am responsible for this or that, I am not so self possessed to not acknowledge that I am nothing without the help and support of others.
Anyone that might ask me about that knows just by the scale of the endeavors that I couldn’t possibly be solely responsible for the projects.
They would understand if I said, “I built this or that”, I was just an active participant in whatever it was.

But it’s no fun extending that easy to comprehend reality to others I guess.

Out there doing it best I can.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Tim in PA
It seems whenever the discussion drifts to climate change, the temperature goes up. As a skeptic, I'm willing to give the believers a chance to change my mind.

Here is a graph of the holocene from "historyoftheuniverse.com". It's easy to understand, and I'm assuming it was compiled by scientists, so it should be accurate.

[Linked Image from historyoftheuniverse.com]

Now, you say our climate is changing, I won't disagree, just answer two questions.

1) Please show me where on the graph our climate is supposed to be.
2) How long can we expect our correct climate to remain correct?

Buuuut, Tim, that isn’t THEIR graph!

Their’s has a hockey stick in it. No mistaking the global warming, never mind your conflicting data.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Not to put too fine a point on it, but my training and experience always makes me acknowledge the excellent craftsmen and women that helped me to achieve an important outcome. People don’t thank others enough.
So while I might say I am responsible for this or that, I am not so self possessed to not acknowledge that I am nothing without the help and support of others.
Anyone that might ask me about that knows just by the scale of the endeavors that I couldn’t possibly be solely responsible for the projects.
They would understand if I said, “I built this or that”, I was just an active participant in whatever it was.

But it’s no fun extending that easy to comprehend reality to others I guess.
If this is CZ 101, why'd you ask me the other question?

Myself, I appreciate those who did a great job for me, that they seek me out for "chatting" and recommendations, and I seeks them out, when some new opportunity comes up. I'm certain we are conversing about far different scales, but I always consciously use, we, even to those who aren't the greatest helpers or supporters, as long as I didn't encourage them find their calling, somewhere else.

Page 5 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 15 16

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.