I have purchased only one gun from Osprey but it was an enjoyable experience. I saw the ad for a pretty rare 1872 gun, contacted them and we exchanged correspondence for several days about the gun and then about the price. It was a rare (and offbeat) gun in supposedly mint condition and priced accordingly. The price was kind of hard to pin down due to nature of the gun. Some people may have been unsatisfied, but to each his own. I finally got the gun for about 20% off the listing. Delivery was quick and I was completely happy with the purchase. I have shown it to several really knowledgeable collectors and all were amazed at the condition of the untouched gun.

That said, the person was not the one listed in the OP. I don't recall the gentleman I worked with, but it was certainly not the above individual. At the time time I was told there were a few individuals working there. It may unfortunately have been the luck of the draw.

I looked at both the listings and, to be honest, I would never had considered either one at the prices listed. Not my focus, but I do own several Sauers and Daly's and am basing my statement on my own shopping and buying experiences. Again, to each his own.