I love all the comments here as I use a hammergun for almost all of my shooting and I am also left-handed. Most guns fit me even ones with lots of cast off. I believe they are elegant works of art that still perform superbly in the field. I have over 90 sxs shotguns from 4 gauge to .410 and lower. About 70 of them are hammerguns. I have acquired all of the gauges even the weird ones like 24 and 32 gauge. I obviously don't need anymore but that hasn't stopped me from buying at least 4 or 5 per year. I love the different action and locking mechanisms of the Victorian era where every maker seemed to be trying to get an edge on the competition by building a better mousetrap. I am a sucker for side levers, snap actions, thumb levers, Horsley and Pape patent guns, etc. I use them in vintage shooting competitions and exclusively for upland birds. I generally only look for damascus barreled guns. I mostly shoot low pressure smokeless but I love to shoot black powder shells at the gun club and wake everybody up with that first shot especially if they don't know it is coming. I don't think there is anything more elegant than an 1870's era hammergun with tall hammers, heel and toe plates, and spectacular wood. Long live the hammergun!