Carlo told me he is not actually related to the various Rizzini gunmakers. I met him yesterday at the most enjoyable (if I forget all my misses) event which I entered for the experience and not in expectation of being competitive.

Watching the video I am cross with myself for only breaking 6 out of 8 on stand 1 which I suspect was intended as a gentle confidence builder.

After that it got more tricky and I finished on 43 out of 100 (and my friend pictured below who was borrowing my Italian made .410 Rottweil O&U of course did better at 53).

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Stand 12, crossing incomers, worked out better for me at 7 broken out of 8, but there were a lot of misses on the path there and I know I need to work on dropping crossers.

They did a really good special for lunch , braised Wood pigeon breasts with spinach and mash, and the ground, venue and organisation were all splendid.

I am not sure if they were fully booked (a maximum of 200) but I hope that some .410 re-loaders were able to salvage the 20,000 or so empties.

I only saw one Side by Side, an Ugartecha boxlock being used in the squad in front of us but I see in the Video at least 2 others - one with hammers.

A shooter in our squad was doing well with a silenced Mossberg 500 which probably accounts for a lot of pests when he is not using it on clays.

After the shoot my friend took me stalking. We saw an elegant Roebuck, but he was striking a “Can’t shoot me- I’m on a skyline!” pose and my Buttelo call didn’t persuade him to move to somewhere less safe.