I once found an Ithaca 28 at a low price that lacked photos of the flats and water table. This was a large dealer on GB. I asked about pictures and they made no bones that they couldn't take them because the gun was modified so that you couldn't remove the barrels. In the ad they alluded to work done in a manner that made me suspect that was the case. They updated the ad to reveal the situation. I wanted to buy the gun because I believed I knew what the problem was, and I could repair it. I bid up to a point about half of a repaired value. It finally went to a rather notorious dealer at about what it would be worth after repair. A month later, it appeared on his site at a price about twice what any reasonable person would pay.

These people irk me because they take useful or desireable guns out of the market, add them to the 1000-2000 guns they are trying to market and which they never sell, so that collectors may not have access to them for years to come.

I often think that if the inventory of around 10 dealers I am familiar with were to come to market all at the same time at true market prices, the double gun market would collapse.