September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Who's Online
7 registered (LRF, Tommyt, swoobie, bushveld, 2 invisible), 106 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13670 Members
9 Forums
33652 Topics
466365 Posts

Max Online: 462 @ 08/05/16 09:13 PM
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Classic & Custom Single Barreled Sporting Rifles @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: RMB built "Fraser" by LRF @ 2 minutes 19 seconds ago

To paraphrase Monty Python, And now for something completely different: I have been thinking about the recent statements on the news, talking about the government using social media information found on Google, FaceBook, Apple and various forums to d
DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: "Goin' to the candidates debate!"-- by KY Jon @ 23 minutes 5 seconds ago

Th big lie is whenever you hear we only want reasonable gun control laws. We don’t want your guns. We’ll one came out and said it directly. Yes we want your guns. It will be just AR-15’s first. Then semi automatic pistols. Then all handguns. It will
Jump to new posts Re: "Goin' to the candidates debate!"-- by rocky mtn bill @ 27 minutes 7 seconds ago

The big lie about gun rights is that any concession leads to inevitable confiscation. I've asked this question here before, but no one responded: What about Class III weapons? Folks own machine guns, but no one uses them for mayhem. They don't get co
Jump to new posts Re: "Goin' to the candidates debate!"-- by King Brown @ 46 minutes 27 seconds ago

Whoa. Aren't you guys forgetting the alive-and-well 51 other constitutions? All politics is local, and often more effective than the federal. NRA was well established as local affiliates long before the 2008 decision. Brady took the national path and
Jump to new posts Re: Historically, what was "greased cloth"? by pamtnman @ Today at 02:02 PM

Originally Posted By: ReplacementI'm just guessing here, but my speculation is a patch of whatever cloth they had handy smeared with whatever grease they had handy. For sure it was not this. Greased cloth was like all of the other load components in
Jump to new posts Re: Stupid Muzzle loading question. by Hal @ Today at 01:29 PM

I said nothing about rifles or spitting down barrels. I chewed the over powder wads up for a few seconds before loading. The only parts of my body in front of those muzzles were a couple fingers.
Jump to new posts Re: Historically, what was "greased cloth"? by Replacement @ Today at 01:26 PM

I'm just guessing here, but my speculation is a patch of whatever cloth they had handy smeared with whatever grease they had handy.
Jump to new posts Re: RMB built "Fraser" by rocky mtn bill @ Today at 01:25 PM

Get a life.
Jump to new posts Re: Iver Johnson’s Arms and Cycle Works by Run With The Fox @ Today at 01:21 PM

The ad mentions a "hooded comb"- what exactly is this. Bill-it took you 60 years to find a .410 bore I-J skeeter-- that is, indeed, true patience. RWTF
Jump to new posts Re: Stupid Muzzle loading question. by Rockdoc @ Today at 01:00 PM

I had a 10 gauge Manton about 10 years ago. I used to fire 12 gauge loads through it (3 drams BP and 1-1/8 oz shot) and used the gun on pen-raised pheasants that were released at the nearby state-run pheasant hunting concession. To “safety test” the
Jump to new posts Re: Iver Johnson’s Arms and Cycle Works by eightbore @ Today at 12:31 PM

A Skeeter is not much of an upgrade over a Hercules with condition. Good luck in your search. My search for a .410 Skeeter in my price range was about 60 years.
Jump to new posts Re: Iver Johnson’s Arms and Cycle Works by Geo. Newbern @ Today at 11:59 AM

I have several IJ singles, but my only sxs is a 20ga Hercules. Maybe I'll upgrade one day...Geo
Jump to new posts Re: RMB built "Fraser" by keith @ Today at 11:50 AM

I agree that Bailey Bradshaws posts are informative and interesting. I do not find SKB Stevie's posts containing highly suspect dat from known anti-gunners like Philip Alpers and his Anti-gun organization at all interesting. I do not find his repeat
Jump to new posts Re: Case or Safe? by damascus @ Today at 11:45 AM

I feel that I may be the exception because I have always kept my guns in their cases. Living as I do in the "Cheshire Gap" one of the dampest parts of the UK along with parts of Norfolk, very early on I realised that keep everything dry is
Jump to new posts Re: Iver Johnson’s Arms and Cycle Works by Researcher @ Today at 11:36 AM

Jump to new posts Re: Iver Johnson’s Arms and Cycle Works by eightbore @ Today at 11:28 AM

OK, I got out my Vernier caliper and my "small hole gauge", the cheap way to measure .410 chokes. My 30" .410 is a real horse, seven pounds, two ounces. Right muzzle .400, left muzzle .390. Don't know the exact bore diameter, but if
DoubleGuns For Sale @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: trade label by muchatrucha @ Today at 11:10 AM

No, but I have a hi-res image of one.
Jump to new posts Re: Iver Johnson’s Arms and Cycle Works by bill schodlatz @ Today at 10:49 AM

I have a skeeter that is only 28 inches, but it does have a miller trigger, ejectors a straight stock withfancy wood. I did not check chokes but .010 is a bunch. my skeet tubes use .002 and shoot a full 30 inch pattern at 20 yards. A list i have used
Jump to new posts Re: Iver Johnson’s Arms and Cycle Works by Daryl Hallquist @ Today at 10:25 AM

Just measured my 410 Skeet-er , marked C and O. Both barrels had .010" constriction. Guess that's not much help. By the way, we had often "guessed" that the C and O stood for Coming and Outgoing. My 28 gauge Skeet-er is marked I
Jump to new posts Re: Iver Johnson’s Arms and Cycle Works by Daryl Hallquist @ Today at 10:08 AM

The great thing about Skeet-ers was that they were made heavy , to be used for lots of clay target shooting. I cannot recall another maker of the period using this design. The 410 Skeet-er weighs 6# 4oz, and the 28 gauge Skeet-er weighs 7# 13 oz.
Jump to new posts Re: Iver Johnson’s Arms and Cycle Works by Bob Cash @ Today at 09:46 AM

Regarding chokes I’ve read that the Skeet-res were choked O / C, Open / Choke. A 75 % pattern at 20 yards left barrel / 75% pattern at 30 yards right barrel. Skeet in / Skeet out. I also read that some guns were reverse bored, Loose on the
Jump to new posts Re: Stupid Muzzle loading question. by 2-piper @ Today at 09:46 AM

Stan; I only have one ML rifle which I built around 50 years ago. I used s Douglas .45 cal barrel which has grooves of about .010", per side. Pillow ticking is my normal patch material. I make sure it is All Cotton & have not used any of the
DIY Gunsmithing @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: Nitro Special top lever by battle @ Today at 09:22 AM

Posting pics is easy to this site. Step 1) Google ‘imgbb’ free web hosting site. Step 2) Click on the ‘start uploading’ blue tab in the middle of the screen. Step 3) choose which file you have the pic(s) saved to. Step 4) select the pic you wa
Jump to new posts Re: Stupid Muzzle loading question. by BrentD @ Today at 09:13 AM

Originally Posted By: [censored]No reason to feel any sorrow for me I'm not the guy with a muzzle loader with sewer pipes for barrels acting like an arogant pompous azz... No you are the pompous ass that who looks like a sewer pipe himself. An
DIY Gunsmithing @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: Alligator skin covered butt pad by battle @ Today at 08:49 AM

Originally Posted By: SKBThat was not bad to work with, stretched well. Nice leather too. Let’s pic of that?
Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 ... 21 22 >

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2019 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.