March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
6 registered (Ted Schefelbein, Mills, Remington40x, james-l, cpa, Steve Helsley), 172 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13568 Members
9 Forums
32987 Topics
454591 Posts

Max Online: 462 @ 08/05/16 09:13 PM
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
DoubleGuns For Sale @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: Winchester Model 21 12 GA Double Trigger Ejectors by Remington40x @ 11 minutes 19 seconds ago

Ed: I'm no Model 21 expert, but I see no signs of a refinish on the gun. I sent you the serial number by PM. Tyler: I've always wanted a 16 gauge, straight grip, double triggers, splinter forend Model 21 choked WS1 and WS2 with 28 inch barrels, p
Classic & Custom Single Barreled Sporting Rifles @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: LH .222 rifle. by james-l @ 11 minutes 27 seconds ago

Why a 222? seems a 223 would make more sense.
DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: William Powell & Son catalogs by Karl Graebner @ 39 minutes 58 seconds ago

Steve, I've found Cornell Publications in Michigan a good source for gun catalogs and such. Karl
Jump to new posts Re: outfitting a shotgun case by RARiddell @ 46 minutes 50 seconds ago

Yeah I have no clue as to what they can be, maybe a cleaning rod?
Jump to new posts Re: English Best multi barrel set value by King Brown @ 51 minutes 13 seconds ago

The gun was made between the reigns of Queen Victoria, who died in 1901, and Queen Elizabeth II, who became queen in 1952. King on barrel.
Jump to new posts Re: English Best multi barrel set value by Ted Schefelbein @ 55 minutes 2 seconds ago

Your friend might want to buy it. Sounds ‘sorta expensive, from what you have posted. Best, Ted
Classic & Custom Single Barreled Sporting Rifles @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts LH .222 rifle. by Ted Schefelbein @ 56 minutes 1 second ago

So, let’s say a guy wants a left handed bolt rifle, in .222. Is, or, was, there a commercial option, or, would it be something that a guy would have to build, and if you went that route, where and with what would you start? Regular .222, not the magn
Jump to new posts Re: OT: War zone maps by Ted Schefelbein @ Today at 06:32 PM

Gene, Thank You for your service. Best, Ted
Jump to new posts Re: English Best multi barrel set value by PALUNC @ Today at 06:28 PM

Oh it’s a 20 bore as well. It has a single trigger added in 1927 . It has side clips and third bite as well. Weight is 6lb, 2 oz.
Jump to new posts OT: War zone maps by Argo44 @ Today at 06:27 PM

For four years many have followed this site to monitor the world's conflicts. Created by two Ukrainian boys and based on "tweets," it is perhaps the most accurate day to day map for all conflicts you can find. You can set the language you
Jump to new posts Re: English Best multi barrel set value by PALUNC @ Today at 06:26 PM

The gun is a Purdey made in 1921 with 29” barrels choked IM and Full. The 28” barrels made by Purdey in 1927. The 25” barrels were made by Westly Richards sometime around the same time period. I have no information on the WR barrels except the engra
any evidence of refinish work? please advise serial number, for cody records check...
Jump to new posts Re: English Best multi barrel set value by ed good @ Today at 06:05 PM

multiple barrels in multiple lengths and chokes do add value to any gun...generally, an extra set of barrels adds 50% value...two extra sets of barrels could add 100% value...give us some names... who made the gun...who made the extra barrel sets...
Double triggers and ejectors are a hard find. I searched for years for my Straight grip, double trigger, ejector 20 gauge. Tempted by your gun but my safes runneth over.
Jump to new posts Re: DICKINSON WOOD UPGRADE by gjw @ Today at 05:49 PM

Originally Posted By: builderStan, I would love to hear your impressions of each one. Me too! I guess guns are like people, no one exactly the same. My ejectors were just weak on that gun. The other Dickinson I had, the ejectors were just fine. B
Jump to new posts Re: English Best multi barrel set value by buzz @ Today at 05:42 PM

Phooey on your friend. They are more valuable, absolutely and especially if made by the gunmaker who made the gun.
Jump to new posts Re: William Powell & Son catalogs by PALUNC @ Today at 05:26 PM

I used to get some a few years ago as I ordered a few items from them. Mostly was just their retail shop items. I may still have them stored out in the building. I can not remember if any guns were listed.
Jump to new posts English Best multi barrel set value by PALUNC @ Today at 05:24 PM

I have a question to ask and would like the opinion of my friends here on the forum. I plan on selling a vintage English Best small gauge later this spring that has three sets of barrels. Two are made by the Maker and one made by another Best Gun ma
Jump to new posts Re: Holts auctions. by Owenjj3 @ Today at 04:37 PM

I looked over Holt's offerings in today's auction, but decided to keep my powder dry for Morphy's, who just released their upcoming catalog containing several nice British doubles on my "Wanted" list!
Jump to new posts William Powell & Son catalogs by Steve Helsley @ Today at 04:26 PM

Looking for Powell catalogs to borrow/rent/buy. Of particular interest is the 1984 catalog and any from the 1960s.
Jump to new posts Re: Identify These Shotguns by Drew Hause @ Today at 04:09 PM

Arie used his Marlin 28D at the 1920 Olympics But was the first shooter to run 100 straight doubles from scratch when he broke the first 163 in a 200-bird race at the Great Western Handicap at the Denver Municipal TC on July 18, 1926 with his Smi
Jump to new posts Re: outfitting a shotgun case by Recoil Rob @ Today at 04:04 PM

Three long ones look like the whole two shells each.
Jump to new posts Re: 19th C British Double Action Color by Woodreaux @ Today at 03:48 PM

I haven't gotten a chance to do all the measurements, but it's a Henry Atkin 12 gauge boxlock ejector, with 28 1/2" barrels IM/Full chokes, and 2 1/2" chambers. According to the maker's ledger, it was built around 1892 or 1893 for a Mr Wil
Jump to new posts Re: Identify These Shotguns by Researcher @ Today at 03:40 PM

Sure that wasn't photoshopped? Mark Arie without a Marlin pump? Mark has his Marlin in this team picture --
Jump to new posts Re: Identify These Shotguns by 2-piper @ Today at 03:26 PM

Today I finally got around to getting pout Taylor's book, African Rifles & Cartridges". I have the NRA Classic Firearms Library Special Edition, copyright 1995. The original edition was published by Samworth with a 1948 copyright date. Ej
Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 ... 28 29 >

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2019 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.