September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Who's Online
8 registered (LRF, swoobie, bushveld, Replacement, King Brown, 1 invisible), 99 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13670 Members
9 Forums
33652 Topics
466365 Posts

Max Online: 462 @ 08/05/16 09:13 PM
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Classic & Custom Single Barreled Sporting Rifles @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: RMB built "Fraser" by LRF @ 52 seconds ago

To paraphrase Monty Python, And now for something completely different: I have been thinking about the recent statements on the news, talking about the government using social media information found on Google, FaceBook, Apple and various forums to d
DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: "Goin' to the candidates debate!"-- by KY Jon @ 21 minutes 38 seconds ago

Th big lie is whenever you hear we only want reasonable gun control laws. We don’t want your guns. We’ll one came out and said it directly. Yes we want your guns. It will be just AR-15’s first. Then semi automatic pistols. Then all handguns. It will
Jump to new posts Re: Historically, what was "greased cloth"? by pamtnman @ 59 minutes 8 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: ReplacementI'm just guessing here, but my speculation is a patch of whatever cloth they had handy smeared with whatever grease they had handy. For sure it was not this. Greased cloth was like all of the other load components in
Jump to new posts Re: Stupid Muzzle loading question. by Hal @ Today at 01:29 PM

I said nothing about rifles or spitting down barrels. I chewed the over powder wads up for a few seconds before loading. The only parts of my body in front of those muzzles were a couple fingers.
Jump to new posts Re: Iver Johnson’s Arms and Cycle Works by Run With The Fox @ Today at 01:21 PM

The ad mentions a "hooded comb"- what exactly is this. Bill-it took you 60 years to find a .410 bore I-J skeeter-- that is, indeed, true patience. RWTF
Jump to new posts Re: Case or Safe? by damascus @ Today at 11:45 AM

I feel that I may be the exception because I have always kept my guns in their cases. Living as I do in the "Cheshire Gap" one of the dampest parts of the UK along with parts of Norfolk, very early on I realised that keep everything dry is
DoubleGuns For Sale @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: trade label by muchatrucha @ Today at 11:10 AM

No, but I have a hi-res image of one.
DIY Gunsmithing @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: Nitro Special top lever by battle @ Today at 09:22 AM

Posting pics is easy to this site. Step 1) Google ‘imgbb’ free web hosting site. Step 2) Click on the ‘start uploading’ blue tab in the middle of the screen. Step 3) choose which file you have the pic(s) saved to. Step 4) select the pic you wa
Jump to new posts Re: Alligator skin covered butt pad by battle @ Today at 08:49 AM

Originally Posted By: SKBThat was not bad to work with, stretched well. Nice leather too. Let’s pic of that?
Jump to new posts Re: Help identifying a barrel set. by John E @ Today at 08:26 AM

The pattern on the top rib might give a clue. Also a picture of the forend lug. It is very similar to an N.R. Davis & Son's model I have.
Jump to new posts Re: 9/11 by craigd @ Today at 08:23 AM

Originally Posted By: L. Brown...."the media" in the United States is hardly "compliant". That might have worked back in ancient times when there were only 3 TV networks. Not now, with a whole bunch of other networks. Not to me
Jump to new posts Re: that "shine" on a silvers pad by Ghostrider @ Today at 05:33 AM

Jump to new posts Re: Favorite Game/Gun Picture - 2019 Hunting Season by BrentD @ Yesterday at 11:04 PM

These aren't the greatest pictures but what the heck. We were tealing today. It was a spectacular morning leading up to a long day of rain and storms. But for a few hours, it was perfect. And we got some birds. In fact, using that old Cashmore cl
Jump to new posts Re: Renaissance Wax? by Replacement @ Yesterday at 10:57 PM

I used to use Johnson's Paste Floor Wax on the wood of my oil-finished guns, but I found that it got extremely gummy in hot and humid conditions, even when buffed to a microscopically thin coating. I feel like I should start waxing some of them again
Jump to new posts Flues #267901 12ga project, $225 plus shipping by Recoil Rob @ Yesterday at 10:27 PM

Link to Pictures.... $225 plus shipping of your choice, C&R OK. PM me through here. $10 to Dave. Took it in a trade with another gun, restoration project or, more likely, something to practice on. Has head of stock issues as can be seen
Jump to new posts Re: 10 ga W. Morse & Co. SxS by ShowMeSon @ Yesterday at 06:32 PM

Update: on the way back I stopped at the Cody Firearms Museum and went to the research department with my question. Their extensive resources revealed no references to W Morse & Co. So next we’ll see what may be hiding under the barrels.
Jump to new posts Ruger Red Label - Iver Johnson by RMC @ Yesterday at 01:54 PM

Sorry about lack of photos, can't figure out how to post. Will email photos. Contact: randymccune88@gmail.com Or call. cell: 231-622-1888 Ruger Red Label, O/U, 12 ga. Stainless receiver, blue 26" barrel. DOM 1997, 2 sets of long int
Jump to new posts Re: DIY MEC short kit by Mike of the Mountain @ Yesterday at 01:33 PM

Marks21, what did you do to convert the MEC to an 8 gauge press? Same question for adapting the Supersizer to take the ring off the industrial hulls? This sounds fascinating!!
Jump to new posts Re: W & C Scott 12 gauge by 2-piper @ Yesterday at 10:07 AM

Thanks, ARGO; Note that after 1954 the word Nitro is not included. The London proof has only the arm & scepter over NP, while the Birmingham proof has the crown over BNP. Doesn't show when the Not for Nitro or Black Powder Only were instituted.
Jump to new posts Re: England bans pigeon and crow shooting by Run With The Fox @ Yesterday at 08:26 AM

I'd gladly take you up on that offer, M'Lord. I'd want to shoot my "pet" M12 12 bore of course, with the 3 shot plug in place. Does your local pub offer "Black and Tans" as does Davey Bryne and the Shamrock pubs in Dublin, perch
Jump to new posts Re: BUTT TRANSPLANT DILEMMA by DAM16SXS @ Yesterday at 07:15 AM

That looks pretty nice Gil... and they said it couldn’t be done.
Jump to new posts Re: C. Daly by canvasback @ Yesterday at 04:45 AM

Jon and Doug, I think George wrote that post before a photo was posted that showed the HAL mark of Lindner.
Jump to new posts Re: E.M. Reilly; History; Chronology; Serial Numbers by Argo44 @ Yesterday at 04:03 AM

============================================================================== 35554 - SN dated 1907 per chart ..........Sanity Check. This gun just appeared in the October 2019 Morphy Catalog. SN 35554; E.M. Reilly & Co., 295 Oxford St., Londo
Classic & Custom Single Barreled Sporting Rifles @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: Sedgley modified magazines by DanLH @ Yesterday at 12:04 AM

Bill, I don't know when Winch started building their Hornets but Sedgley listed their Hornet in the early 1930 catalog and patented their Hornet on an '03 action on 3-22-1932. They also listed their LH conversion in the early 1930 catalog but I have
Jump to new posts Re: Parker DHE 16 English Stock 28" by bls @ 09/13/19 11:25 PM

Love the factory letter. $100...$25!!! For ejectors. Titanic steel.... doh! Absolute beauty
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2019 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.