March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (MattH, Ted Schefelbein, KY Jon, buckstix, Stanton Hillis), 715 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,339
Posts543,405
Members14,386
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com Jump to new posts
Re: Gauges and payloads BrentD, Prof 03/19/24 02:11 AM
Originally Posted by Stanton Hillis
Originally Posted by SKB
My reason could not be more simple, I only own two shotguns and both are 12 ga., I do not shoot 3/4 OZ often but I regularly shoot 7/8 OZ at both clays and Blue Grouse.

That's not simple, for me, Steve. Regardless how many shotguns you own, why would you want to shoot 3/4 oz. loads in a 12, when statistics prove that a 1 oz. load would kill targets or birds more reliably at "distance"? Do you limit yourself to a certain distance for both, and if so, what is that distance?

Stan, you know folks hunt birds with .410s and 28s, so why NOT hunt them with light loads in a 12 gauge?

If you need more or just want more, then have at it. But why worry so much about what others shoot? You wouldn't think twice about someone hunting grouse or even pheasants with a 20 gauge, probably using 7/8 oz loads.

Not everyone is a sky blaster.
12 142 Read More
Re: Hortonium eeb 03/19/24 01:16 AM
How is this stuff made, cold fusion?
16 386 Read More
German & Austrian Sporting Guns @ doublegunshop.com Jump to new posts
Re: O/U - Bockbüchsflinte Rifle Caliber Question ellenbr 03/19/24 12:24 AM
I would @ least measure it. Interesting that the bore diameter seems to be missing. Can you make a stab @ the diameter?

Made in Zella - Mehlis by some of the Best in 1918(1913??). Tubes by Syndicat Liégeois.

Serbus,

Raimey
rse
1 23 Read More
Classic & Custom Single Barreled Sporting Rifles @ doublegunshop.com Jump to new posts
Re: Podcasts with Gunmakers by Reto Bueler Fudd 03/18/24 11:33 PM
There's a new one up. Ian Sweetman. Most of my shotguns and all of my rifles and pistols are older than he is. Thoughtful bloke.

I love this series.
10 1,502 Read More
Re: Changing load components Jimmy W 03/18/24 10:34 PM
I always used International Clays. If I remember right, I used about what was similar on the label- 7/8 oz. Claybuster Wad, 14.2 gr charge in Gun Club hull. About a 1200 fps load. And whatever shot you want. It makes a nice skeet load.

Ol' Lefty
5 97 Read More
A short video on barrel sleeving. Fudd 03/18/24 09:20 PM
Found this on the Horton & Sons website. It clarified a few things for me. Might be of interest to others.

0 79 Read More
Re: Lead ban in Minnesota? ChiefAmungum 03/18/24 09:19 PM
So here we be.

You can have an argument that has merit. I think that no tox for waterfowl has that. Ducks are not Pheasants, are not Grouse, are not targets. Different needs as far as protecting anything related. The game, the environment, the kiddies. To ban lead for upland hunting is not necessary, period. The upland bird feeds wholly different than waterfowl. Lead is very stable and naturally present in quantity in a lot of places. Just don't pulverize it or vaporize and breath it you'll be fine. It will just lie there. And if you eat a bit I'm sure you'll survive it unharmed!

Why then are the only carrion eaters that get airplay Eagles? Do not Crows and Vultures eat gut piles? Are they suffering?

The problem is that once an idea, which might have merit takes hold someone with an agenda will pick up the ball so to speak and push forward, with their own agenda. Someone like the aforementioned Jen.

Chief
100 3,257 Read More
DoubleGuns For Sale @ doublegunshop.com Jump to new posts
Re: For Sale- Remington Big Boys mark 03/18/24 09:07 PM
Nice stuff with good prices!
9 273 Read More
Re: Lubing Fiber Wads Rick W 03/18/24 08:33 PM
Originally Posted by Tamid
How difficult is it to clean your barrels after using Crisco lubed wads?
I cannot tell the difference - I mostly shoot ML and would certainly notice while cleaning.
10 261 Read More
Classic & Custom Single Barreled Sporting Rifles @ doublegunshop.com Jump to new posts
Re: My .222 Ruger No. 1, John Warren Engraving BrentD, Prof 03/18/24 08:02 PM
That's really nice.
1 42 Read More
225 Winchester Cases and dies Silvers 03/18/24 04:52 PM
For sale - set of brand new Hornady 225 Winchester Full Length loading dies in factory shrink wrapped box along with (40) brand new Quality Cartridge 225 Win cases in (two) factory sealed bags. Shipped to the US for $70.00 by check or Paypal F&F. Send PM to commit and/or to get pics to your email address.
0 29 Read More
Re: Birmingham Gun Makers lagopus 03/18/24 04:49 PM
Parabola, apologies for the oversight; I must get these glasses changed! I have a copy of Douglas Tate's book and can recommend it. Lagopus.....
7 395 Read More
Re: 1000 old UK auction catalogs lagopus 03/18/24 04:46 PM
Tim, I would agree with that. The Royal Armouries have a fine library and I have contributed to it in the past. Better to go for all to be able to use. I would say to anyone wanting assistance from the library there is that they are very, very helpful. Lagopus.....
7 460 Read More
Re: Shotgun shell pressure testing Drew Hause 03/18/24 04:45 PM
Just a FYI, I believe Armbrust is the only one who will test factory loads.

This is the last contact infro I have for Tom Armbrust, but I would call first - 815-451-6649
1108 W. May Ave, McHenry, IL 60051

https://www.precisionreloading.com/view.php?pg=shot_proof

Scroll down to the bottom on the left "Ballistic Testing"
http://www.downrangemfg.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=54&Itemid=62

You can't use the USPS for live loads
1 109 Read More
Re: Beesley Single Trigger ksauers1 03/18/24 04:27 PM
Regretfully I’m going pass on this gun , besides the fact single triggers just don’t look right. lol. Yesterday I had a chat with my gunsmith and a very respected bloke from England and neither were complementary on single triggers on a 100 year old gun.
6 309 Read More
DIY Gunsmithing @ doublegunshop.com Jump to new posts
Re: krieghoff TRUMPF Drilling parts Der Ami 03/18/24 03:08 PM
Terry,
I gave you a suggestion on your other posting above. The locating pin in the insert barrel might be repaired by refining the damaged area, if not, it can be replaced. The firing pin can likely be annealed, straightened, and rehardened. If not the old one can be used as a sample to turn a new one. The top lever springs in German guns are often pretty much standard and springs from other guns are often close enough to be modified to fit. I have a German single shot "tip up" rifle that came to me with one side of the spring broken off. As a "stop gap measure" I "jammed" a broken leaf of another spring from my junk box into the "v" of the broken spring. I haven't had a need to make a correct replacement after 30+ years of use(this depends on where the break is).
Mike
1 49 Read More
Double Rifles, Paradox Guns & Gauge Rifles @ doublegunshop.com Jump to new posts
Re: NEW MEMBER WITH KRIEGHOFF Der Ami 03/18/24 02:27 PM
xkkat,
The repairs you need are neither particular to Krieghoff or especially difficult to accomplish. I suggest you turn the drilling over to one of your excellent Australian gunsmiths for repair. I am certain you will be pleased with the results.
Mike
3 118 Read More
Re: your opinions please about this gun John Roberts 03/18/24 02:20 PM
The buttstock is very plain on the public side, off side is gorgeous. I don't like that.
JR
13 482 Read More
Re: Remingtons for Shooting.... AZMike 03/18/24 11:51 AM
Thank you Stan!
Price reduced on either of the Remington 1900's to $750
They are both tight and have beautiful bores, they feel very nice and corner well!
7 578 Read More
Re: pre & post Fulton Smith guns (photo rich) Lloyd3 03/17/24 11:26 PM
My Alma Mater! The campus has clearly expanded a bit (there wasn't anything like that when I was running around down there in the early 1980s). I'm glad to hear that they've preserved all that.
20 636 Read More
Re: Rook Rifle Reloading Tool Argo44 03/17/24 05:44 PM
I believe paradoxically that Berdan primers became predominant in Europe; Boxer primers in America which might explain the Remington Cartridges. Berdan patented his primer in America in March 1866; Boxer in UK 13 October 1866. How this juxtaposition came about, which persists to this day, is history to be explored.
2 145 Read More
Re: I have posted this to warn others about this fraud 1916XE 03/17/24 04:43 PM
There are a few things to learn from this:

1. The good point on red flag-NO RETURN
2. Communicate with your wife
3. If it looks too good to be true...or too $$$.

I no longer buy guns on auctions, but I will contact the seller privately-
especially if he is like Leroy Merz in MN. Or of excellent similar character.

KheSanh-1971
5th Special Forces Group (ABN)
26 1,138 Read More
Re: High Condition 1908 Prussian JP Sauer 16ga. Grade Recoil Rob 03/17/24 03:32 PM
Thank you CJ.
5 752 Read More
Re: Ejector Pin installation- Hal M Hare 03/17/24 02:46 PM
Thanks again for your response.
6 316 Read More
Re: E.M. Reilly; History; Chronology; Serial Numbers Imperdix 03/17/24 09:50 AM
Same gun and case with a changed label for my money. The difference in picture quality covers the possible detail discrepancies I`d think.
965 1,753,743 Read More
Page 1 of 2 1 2

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.