March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (Jimmy W, KDGJ, smlekid, Owenjj3, Argo44), 822 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,009
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
RMC Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Model Acciaio-Speciale=Extra. Situation. Bought it will broken right hammer spring. Any suggestion on where a replacement spring might be bought? I had someone make a replacement spring. Spring was poorly made and was not tempered. Where can I get one tempered if that ends up as an option? Third option? Who makes good replacement springs? Appreciate any help. Finding a factory one would be the best. RMC

RMC
Sidelock
Sidelock

RMC, any gunmaker can make a spring as good as OE. This is one of the most basic aspects of gunmaking. Check with Hugh Lomas - H.G.Lomas Gunmakers Inc. 920 876 3745 . He is in your neck 'o the woods.

DDA

Last edited by Rocketman; 05/16/13 10:18 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

RMC,
I seem to remember they had three grades....I thought the Model Extra was the higher one, better wood n engraving.Is that the one you have?
My first hammer was a VB the coin finished basic one.I loved it.
Good luck with the spring...a good man within driving distance would beat having to ship it
If it is the Fancy grade, could you throw a picture up, never actually seen one.
cheers
franc

RMC Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Franc.
The VB I have has a case colored frame, moderate engraving. Straight grip. I'm anxious to get it working to see how it shoots. The high end models owned by friends have highly engraved silvered frames. RMC

RMC
gjw Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Hi, I have a Bernadelli Italia with is one grade above the Brescia. The Top model is the Italia Extra. I use mine for duck hunting, had it tubed for steel by Biley. The stock is an enhancement done by Mark Larson.

Here's a couple pics:

Good luck on the spring, it shopuld be an easy fix.

Best!

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
Sidelock
Sidelock

RMC...I'd love to see a pic of the fancy one..if your mates could post some...I've heard they were rather pretty.
Is this your first Hammer gun??...if so , great choice.
I bought my coin finished version with rather basic engraving from the for sale sight here about 8 years ago for 800, it was my first hammergun.It had 28" bbls , weighed about 7lb 2oz, was a great clays gun, though very plain wood.
It seemed a great intro' Hammer, modern enough for factory loads & I was really happy with it for a year or so , until I had to sell it (for slight profit) to help buy an 1901 Jones U/L Greener steel bbl pigeon gun... it got me into Hammer guns
But it was a great first hammer gun...I bet you'l love it.
It was really tight, nice triggers
Let us know how you like it....if you can post a pic of the high grade , I'd be very grateful
Cheers
franc

RMC Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Franc, Greg posted pics of the same model my friends have. Thanks Greg. One is a 20 and the other a 12. They both have pretty plain stocks. But engraving is really cool. A week ago, the friend with the 20 had it double on one of the sporting clays stands, I hate that when that happens. Again, does anyone have a source for Bernardelli double gun parts? Randy

RMC
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have a very lightweight Italian o/u that I purcase about 30 years ago. It broke a left spring that was unobtainable. Now some gunsmith can make one, but I have seen too many fail in a short time. Mine is still going strong. I would recommend James Flynn in Alexander, LA. He made mind and still working. JAmes is a master machinest and can make any part from a solid block of steel. Phone 318-445-7130

John Boyd
Quality Arms
Houston, TX

John Boyd
Quality Arms Inc
Houston, TX
713-818-2971
RMC Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks John, I called James and he won't be back in his shop till Monday. I'll call then and see where it goes. Randy

RMC
Sidelock
Sidelock

The back action hammer action used in the Bernardellis is similar to the hammerguns made by many Italian workshops in the 50s and 60s. The general supplier to the Italian gun trade, the firm Omps, still supplies parts for these oldies and it is an even bet that the springs are common to most of them.

Look up Omps Italia on the net. The address used to be omps.it, but was reported to have changed recently.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.