That's right, comrades. Everything seems to indicate that Ugartechea will continue manufacturing weapons. After the successors of the gunsmith Ignacio Ugartechea (who passed away in 2019) announced the closure of the factory and the sale of everything (complete and 'blank' shotguns, parts, tools, etc.), it seems that a buyer appeared who has restarted the factory.

I know all this because I was in contact with one of the daughters, Marta, who confirmed the closure of this historic gun shop and in fact I facilitated a contact with colleagues in this forum to acquire material. I also wrote this article, with statements by Marta, about a special shotgun that belonged to the teacher Ugartechea and that his daughters put up for sale.

https://cazaworld.com/la-famosa-escopeta-superpuesta-de-ignacio-ugartechea-en-venta/

After all this, with the consequent sadness among weapons fans who value the history of this brand, we have discovered that Ugartechea's activity has been reborn with a remarkable change. It is noted in social media posts that the proprietary line is not national. In fact, a well-known Spanish gunsmith confirmed to me that an American had bought the factory and production rights.

I imagine that the market will have focused on countries outside of Spain. All the luck for this new project that is already underway. We will remain vigilant

CAMPERO’S POST ABOVE via Google Translate